How did I lose out on FA Topic

How did I lose out on tbis FA?I had him number 1 on his list leading the whole time. I offered a 10million bonus with the first season at 5m/2nd season 10m/3rd season 10m/4th season 12m/5th season at 12m. With player option

He took another team the very last cycle of FA at 8.8m with 2 million bonus/2nd season 10m/3rd season at 10m/4th season at 8.8m

Not sure if it's a glitch to be leading the whole time them lose out on the FA like this. This doesn't make any since!
5/9/2018 4:39 PM
Well considering you offered him almost a full $20m more than what you're listing from the other team, I'm guessing you're reading something incorrectly.
5/9/2018 4:42 PM
How am I reading something incorrectly? He had my team number 1 with my offer the whole time until the very end... he took way less .
5/9/2018 5:21 PM
<a style="color:black;" href="https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8243818" target="_blank">Luis Aguilera</a>
5/9/2018 5:23 PM
Did you make any other roster moves that somehow violated salary cap in any of the seasons? Any trades or waiver pick-ups? Doesn't the contract screen or the email usually say why
5/9/2018 8:52 PM
Looking at the math here.

You are currently at $110,625,200 with a 120M player budget.
After you lost out on Aguilera you signed Wells for $2,665,000.
This means that before you signed Wells your payroll was $107,960,200, leaving 12,039,800 to sign Aguilera with.
You say you offered him a $10M bonus and $5M for his first season = 15M. That's nearly 3M more than you had at the time...
5/9/2018 9:53 PM (edited)
I'm not sure. It went through and as far as I knew didn't have any budget constraints.
5/9/2018 11:44 PM
Don't be guessing. Obviously something is "off" either the alog deciding or your understanding of what you offered. Send in a ticket to support and see what they have to say. I saw someone else in your world chat say they offered more as well, so it's possible this is a legit issue/ change in the game but CS doesn't monitor the forums.
5/10/2018 5:25 AM
Yea I sent a ticket. Seen another owner in my league also offer way more as well. Thanks for looking
5/10/2018 12:17 PM
This is the answer customer service game me....

Dan,

Sometimes the player will make a decision without giving teams a chance to counter. In this case, the accepted offer came in right before he decided.

absolute horse crap! It's obvious customer service isn't even looking at it. Thisis the exact reason rifht here people stop playing this game over $20 A season to play, and get stupid answers from customer service.
5/10/2018 12:24 PM
Unfortunately that's the way they do it. They assume they know what you're asking better than you do, and give you a standard answer first. Same thing happened to me yesterday, I asked a very specific question and they answered based on what they assumed I was really talking about.

5/10/2018 12:44 PM
Posted by jaggedendz on 5/9/2018 11:44:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure. It went through and as far as I knew didn't have any budget constraints.
Did you sign anyone between not signing Aguilera and now? I know you signed Wells. Was there anyone else?

That's really the only question here.

Because based on the math (which was pretty straightforward) and what I see as your FA acquisitions between now and then, you simply did not have enough to cover the offer you say you made.
5/10/2018 12:49 PM
I'm gonna guess that in order to actually investigate your query, someone would have to open up the league transactions file, actually dig around in the code and figure out what sequence of events transpired with timestamps and everything.

That's work, man.

5/10/2018 12:51 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 5/10/2018 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jaggedendz on 5/9/2018 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Did you sign anyone between not signing Aguilera and now? I know you signed Wells. Was there anyone else?

That's really the only question here.

Because based on the math (which was pretty straightforward) and what I see as your FA acquisitions between now and then, you simply did not have enough to cover the offer you say you made.
If this happened the way VitC suggests, then it's true, signing the other player would have voided the outstanding offer to the first player.

5/10/2018 12:53 PM
I can't comment on the answer given, as I didn't see how you phrased your question. In my experience, all versions of CS have been extremely literal. So how you ask the question matters.

As an outsider what I want to know is:
Team A says they offered more than the accepted offer of Team B -- why is that not the accepted offer?
But more critically, re-reading the world chat, Team C also says they offered more than Team B.
So if Team A and Team C offered more than Team B it isn't a situation of "time is up" it's a situation where something seems out of whack, either in the algo or in our understanding of how things work.
5/10/2018 1:18 PM
12 Next ▸
How did I lose out on FA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.