New one (for me) Topic

So I just got this message about a player on my Ga Tech team.

"Coach, as the head trainer I've been around the block a couple of times. Looks to me like Thomas Atkins is really dragging out there. Have you thought about reducing his minutes?"

I have 75+ seasons running Press and I've had tons of guys playing heavy minutes while getting tired or tired and I've never seen this one before.

I'm running zone now and he's playing heavy minutes but in the PBP at worst he's at getting tired. So it's not like he's experiencing a lot of fatigue.

Anyone know what the trigger is to get this message?
5/14/2018 6:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
hahaha - good one. I have never seen that message either.
5/14/2018 7:06 PM
I got that one the earlier this season in Knight. Not verbatim, I wish I had saved it. Never had it before. Running a zone/press combo slow down offense every game. Didn't change anything on settings that was about 15 or so games ago, haven't had another message like that. I've run press/motion uptempo with other teams throughout different seasons and have never seen that before now.
5/14/2018 8:18 PM
Nope...and I have a lot more than 75 seasons in press...or zone for that matter. Must be new.
5/14/2018 9:56 PM (edited)
Wow no one has seen this before this season. They must have added it recently? That seems... odd.

Or maybe it was lost in the original code or something. Is that a thing?
5/14/2018 9:38 PM
Somebody did something to the program when the Championship page was updated. This must have been changed around the same time. What would be interesting to know is...is this just a message that was added for eye candy or did fatigue/stamina get tweaked?
5/14/2018 10:00 PM
I remember getting that message or a similar message a LONG time ago in the early days of WIS. Since they added the fairly fresh option for playing time, I haven't had to worry about things like this, so I'm sure that's why most people haven't seen this.
5/15/2018 4:04 AM
Posted by tdowdy3 on 5/15/2018 4:04:00 AM (view original):
I remember getting that message or a similar message a LONG time ago in the early days of WIS. Since they added the fairly fresh option for playing time, I haven't had to worry about things like this, so I'm sure that's why most people haven't seen this.
I have the same recollection.
5/15/2018 6:19 AM
Posted by tdowdy3 on 5/15/2018 4:04:00 AM (view original):
I've been around since 2004 as well. Maybe my memory sucks.
5/15/2018 6:43 AM
The first time I saw it was season 97 in Naismith, for this guy’s freshman season. I was set to target minutes, trying to get him as many minutes as possible early in the season, and as a freshman, his stamina was 52.
5/15/2018 10:51 AM
I’ve gotten it multiple times throughout the years (if not that exact message, one implying I have a guy sucking wind out there). Usually happens when I screw up my depth chart and have the same guy as the starter and backup, lol.
5/15/2018 11:01 AM
I seem to remember getting that when I played before, around 2011
5/16/2018 1:19 AM
New one (for me) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.