September Roster Expansion Topic

When considering September call ups should I be concerned that when the players return the minors they will be considered "demoted" and have a negative impact on ratings?
5/15/2018 8:09 AM
Not if you demote them after your season ends or during ST after rollover.
5/15/2018 8:45 AM
Thanks
5/15/2018 8:54 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/15/2018 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Not if you demote them after your season ends or during ST after rollover.
Not during ST, but it must be before the R5 roster freeze.
5/15/2018 9:11 AM
People say that you can get a demotion penalty if you demote before rollover, but after your season ends, but I have never seen it.
5/15/2018 10:20 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/15/2018 10:20:00 AM (view original):
People say that you can get a demotion penalty if you demote before rollover, but after your season ends, but I have never seen it.
There is a time before rollover where you can do it, but I have gotten bit trying different times. The time frame you suggest seems reasonable, with the exception of after the WS most pages are locked, including the edit roster page.

I know for a fact I tried after the minor league WS and while the BL playoffs were still going on and at least one of my players took a hit.
5/15/2018 10:55 AM (edited)
Does promoting someone as a September call-up start the clock on them? Or would I need to wait farther into the next season to call them back up to get the extra year?
5/16/2018 11:42 AM
It does start the clock.
5/16/2018 11:57 AM
Posted by LoboOne04 on 5/16/2018 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Does promoting someone as a September call-up start the clock on them? Or would I need to wait farther into the next season to call them back up to get the extra year?
That's right.

Just add the service days accumulated during the callups to the normal 20 and you'll be fine.
5/16/2018 5:27 PM
They just need to get rid of the demotion penalty. Not realistic. Its one thing if you demote a veteran. But young players get called up and sent down everyday in MLB and they don't lose any of their abilities.
5/17/2018 10:39 AM
I always promote/demote during the BL playoffs, closer to the WS though, to get an extra bump and have never seen a demotion penalty. I have even demoted full time ML players to AAA and immediately promoted back to ML (if they have options left) and only received a promotion bump even when the demotion happened first
5/17/2018 1:52 PM
Posted by mtanton07 on 5/17/2018 1:52:00 PM (view original):
I always promote/demote during the BL playoffs, closer to the WS though, to get an extra bump and have never seen a demotion penalty. I have even demoted full time ML players to AAA and immediately promoted back to ML (if they have options left) and only received a promotion bump even when the demotion happened first
You say " and have never seen a demotion penalty".

But then later say "received a promotion bump even when the demotion happened first"

What am I missing?
5/17/2018 2:37 PM
You are missing where I was using the word bump or penalty in reference to the actual verbiage that would appear on the player card.

I did the act of demoting to AAA with nothing showing on the player card and then immediately promote back to the ML squad and "Promotion" appears on the player card, and sometimes with it, additional ratings boosts.
5/17/2018 3:02 PM
Posted by mtanton07 on 5/17/2018 3:02:00 PM (view original):
You are missing where I was using the word bump or penalty in reference to the actual verbiage that would appear on the player card.

I did the act of demoting to AAA with nothing showing on the player card and then immediately promote back to the ML squad and "Promotion" appears on the player card, and sometimes with it, additional ratings boosts.
I see it now. Thanks.
5/17/2018 7:25 PM
September Roster Expansion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.