Keep in Minors or Call Up Topic

I've got a player that is ready for the bigs now. He is in his third year of development. Normally I would have him play the remainder of this season in AA, promote him to AAA for his 4th season, and bring him up to the bigs 25+ games into his 5th season (I tend to do that with just about every prospect I have). Assuming that he plays every day and gets a ton of AB's, will he develop at the same pace that he would if I were to keep him in the minors for the rest of this season and next? I've got pretty solid coaching at all levels. I want to call him up because I could really use the spark in the second half (All-Star break just concluded). Thanks in advance.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8869843
5/17/2018 3:12 PM
He will develop fine, if not better, at the BL level as long as he continues getting regular playing time.
5/17/2018 3:41 PM
Looks ready to go, to me. And yeah he'll keep developing.

I've only got one player I did that with... he made the majors at the beginning of his age 21 season and he was an 85 overall. Continued to develop till the start of age 26, topped out at 93 overall.

5/17/2018 3:49 PM (edited)
Good deal. Thanks for pulling that up. Thanks to both for the replies.
5/17/2018 3:58 PM
Keep in Minors or Call Up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.