yatzr users are cheaters Topic

Posted by cjsweat on 5/18/2018 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Anyone that actually has an issue with Yatzr has either never used it and doesn’t actually know what it does, or actually cheats is trying to appear above reproach. This is ridiculous.
That's why I asked if they had used it. The response was no. Which tells me it's a troll job. How in the world can you complain about something you haven't even used to know what it does?
5/18/2018 12:13 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 5/18/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
The Yatzr user argument: "That tool doesn't give me an advantage at all! And even if it does, it's really minor! So minor, in fact, that if I can't use Yatzr, I'll quit playing game, because it will be too difficult without it!"

SMH
Supporters of yatzr have stated that the only advantage is time management! We all will concede that, or at least should. We say we will quit playing the game because yatzrs tool allows us to minimize the time we spend on the game. If we had to spend the time that you non-users supposedly choose to spend, then we would not play the game as we do not have the time or choose not to spend our time doing it.
5/18/2018 12:18 PM
The answer was yes. Go back and look.

Used it. Thought it was awesome. Realised it was a huge advantage over those that dont have it. Told this to those on the slack chat.

I know exactly what it does.

You guys are trying to hold the game hostage. "If we cant cheat we will quit".

5/18/2018 12:22 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 5/18/2018 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Anyone that actually has an issue with Yatzr has either never used it and doesn’t actually know what it does, or actually cheats is trying to appear above reproach. This is ridiculous.
That's why I asked if they had used it. The response was no. Which tells me it's a troll job. How in the world can you complain about something you haven't even used to know what it does?
I've never used meth. I know what it does.
5/18/2018 12:27 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 5/18/2018 12:27:00 PM (view original):
You have heard what it does, when in reality you don't know for sure unless you have done it.
5/18/2018 12:42 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 5/18/2018 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 5/18/2018 12:27:00 PM (view original):
You have heard what it does, when in reality you don't know for sure unless you have done it.
I"m not sure your theory would hold up to rigorous scientific scrutiny.
5/18/2018 12:44 PM
"Make the lie big. Make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"

Keep screaming about cheaters, Curly and Moe. I know logic and common sense play no part in your 'informed' opinion. Seems you two are taking a page out of DJT playbook.

Sad !
5/18/2018 12:47 PM
WIS recruiting = Changing a tire

In game WIS recruiting tool

The Yatzr tool

WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER!!!
5/18/2018 12:57 PM
Posted by phimutau on 5/18/2018 12:59:00 PM (view original):

The Yatzr tool

Laughed so damn hard. Next Chrondon will say mechanics cheat when they don't use tire irons.
5/18/2018 1:03 PM
Posted by phimutau on 5/18/2018 12:59:00 PM (view original):

The Yatzr tool

Perfect analogy.
5/18/2018 2:27 PM
Phim nailed it...
5/18/2018 2:35 PM
Maybe if it's a pay to play tire changing competition where half the players get the power tool, and the other half get the manual tool, and most of the second group aren't even told about the power tool.

Cool game, seble.
5/18/2018 2:39 PM
I've used yatzr during recruiting for periods, and also haven't used it for periods of time (in fact, the only time I won NCs was when I wasn't using it). I don't consider it cheating, because I don't see it as dishonest or unfair. There's nothing on there I can't figure out by tons of clicks. Even the distance thing. You can easily use Google to find websites that will tell you straight line distance between towns.

I also know that there are people who play this game who are programmers, statisticians, mathematicians, etc., who have ways and means to individually and independently apply their special set of skills to win this game. Skills I don't have. Emotionally it feels like they're cheating, but rationally, they're not. Honestly, it's made me feel like quitting at times when I keep getting stomped by the same person who I know has the capability to crunch numbers like that. My spreadsheet skills are equivalent to my nunchuck skills, which aren't good, btw.

I agree with the others when they say it basically comes down to saving time. I don't see that as cheating. We all have different amounts of time to spend on this game. Some people are retired, unemployed, or have desk jobs which allow them to get their recruiting actions in. Some people have jobs where they can't access a computer for 8 or more hours a day. Some people have kids, too.

I believe the people who use yatzr would be just as successful without it. They just would play in less worlds (or none, it seems) due to time restrictions.
5/18/2018 2:47 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 5/18/2018 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Maybe if it's a pay to play tire changing competition where half the players get the power tool, and the other half get the manual tool, and most of the second group aren't even told about the power tool.

Cool game, seble.
You mean the “tool” that is referenced multiple times on the first page of GD’s Guide to the Game in the pinned topics right above this thread that has been up for over 5 years? Yatzr’s tool is clearly available to everyone. I don’t use the game analyzer or recruiting tool and don’t care if others do. I use WIS recruit search and Google Earth for recruiting. If I had to pay for Google Earth would I be cheating? Because WIS charges money to play are they discriminating against those who don’t have money to play? Is that limiting access?

Nobody is winning any money from this game. You and a few others act like a secrect society have some inside information to win while blocking others from ANY chance at winning a simulation football game that, once again doesn’t pay out money. You guys sound very petty complaining about a computer game.
5/18/2018 3:27 PM (edited)
Posted by arcadecowboy on 5/18/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
I've used yatzr during recruiting for periods, and also haven't used it for periods of time (in fact, the only time I won NCs was when I wasn't using it). I don't consider it cheating, because I don't see it as dishonest or unfair. There's nothing on there I can't figure out by tons of clicks. Even the distance thing. You can easily use Google to find websites that will tell you straight line distance between towns.

I also know that there are people who play this game who are programmers, statisticians, mathematicians, etc., who have ways and means to individually and independently apply their special set of skills to win this game. Skills I don't have. Emotionally it feels like they're cheating, but rationally, they're not. Honestly, it's made me feel like quitting at times when I keep getting stomped by the same person who I know has the capability to crunch numbers like that. My spreadsheet skills are equivalent to my nunchuck skills, which aren't good, btw.

I agree with the others when they say it basically comes down to saving time. I don't see that as cheating. We all have different amounts of time to spend on this game. Some people are retired, unemployed, or have desk jobs which allow them to get their recruiting actions in. Some people have jobs where they can't access a computer for 8 or more hours a day. Some people have kids, too.

I believe the people who use yatzr would be just as successful without it. They just would play in less worlds (or none, it seems) due to time restrictions.
great post
5/18/2018 3:59 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
yatzr users are cheaters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.