yatzr users are cheaters Topic

Never used it and proud of it.
And part of me feels like those that do have unfair advantage.
But then there is the other part of me that lives in a real world ; not an ideal world.
And I think Yatzr's tool actually keeps more live coaches in this game then there would otherwise be and for that I am grateful.
For those that don't use Yatzr's tool, to figure distance just use Mapquest.com. It works very nicely.
5/17/2018 6:04 PM
attributes and potential are a bad example. a players attributes are literally available to everyone...there is no digging involved. Send a axout to every player? are you serious? you cannot send a scout to visit every player...you have to manage your budget. You don't have to really dig or decrypt the email...we all know only one line is important and there are many topics here telling you what each result means in relation to potential.

And technically yes the distance info is available. school name + recruits town + Google maps. There are also some custom maps for each division with the school locations on it. The tool does do this part far more efficiently.

Best I can tell the game analyzer doesn't analyze play data by down or distance or tell you opponent tendencies. it logs each play for you...it is still up to you to determine tendencies and adjust your game plan.
5/17/2018 6:10 PM
Only advantage is Time. Nothing more than that.
5/17/2018 6:10 PM
"And I think Yatzr's tool actually keeps more live coaches in this game then there would otherwise be and for that I am grateful."

This is probably the most important point in this thread. People that want to see the yatzr tool go away may not be happy if that does actually happen.
5/17/2018 6:17 PM
Posted by matthewjohns on 5/17/2018 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Only advantage is Time. Nothing more than that.
Time is like gold during recruiting. Like someone else said, every three hour cycle can affect a team for many seasons to come. If you're automating effort to save time, where not everyone can, that's a severe unfair advantage.
5/17/2018 6:17 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/17/2018 6:17:00 PM (view original):
"And I think Yatzr's tool actually keeps more live coaches in this game then there would otherwise be and for that I am grateful."

This is probably the most important point in this thread. People that want to see the yatzr tool go away may not be happy if that does actually happen.
WIS is in a no win situation here, but the time to address this was years ago. Kicking the can has consequences.
5/17/2018 6:18 PM
I prefer to dictate my own destiny!!! I have never used this tool for 2 reasons. #1 I am 66 years old and have very little computer "Savvy"!! #2, I find a lot of satisfaction by game planning and recruit planning with a Pen and Paper! It was only a few seasons ago that I actually referred to Guess reports to compare my team to other. Those who use Yatzrs tool is the same as attending a coaching clinic, which shares information however I would never consider it cheating!!
5/17/2018 6:20 PM
Chrondon, I respect your opinion....I just don't agree with it. Okay, so what is any different than experienced coaches mentoring newbies? Or coaches putting together players guides? Aren't those forms of cheating? They are allowing new coaches to open a page and figure out what it takes other coaches months or years to figure out! That is a time issue as well, same as the recruiting tool or even worse perhaps! Of course we don't think of those as cheating, because they're not! They are people helping people to understand and play the game better, right? Why do we do this, because we want new coaches to come in and continue to play the game so that we have full worlds and more human competition!
Well, how about this....the yatzr tool is a great way to lessen the learning curve of recruiting which is one of the most confusing and time consuming parts of this game. Most new coaches leave the game after a season or two simply because they don't understand it or have the time to put in the effort to play it. How many coaches have kept playing this game simply because the recruit tool allows them to minimize their time spent on the recruiting aspect of the game? I would guess it's a lot!! As well as how many coaches with multiple teams across the worlds rely on it to be able to keep up with that number of teams? This game has seen the worlds diminishing each and every season, so to disallow a tool that simply minimizes the time spent by new coaches coming into the game or experienced coaches with 10 teams to keep track, would be crazy in my book! You may not realize just how much this game utilizes yatzr and bhazlewood's work.
5/17/2018 6:23 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/17/2018 6:17:00 PM (view original):

This! It may not end the game all together, but if you think the worlds are empty now....just wait!!
5/17/2018 6:28 PM
I would guess that yatzr first developed these tools for his own use. If he has the smarts to develop the tools and use them as a competitive advantage, is that cheating on his part? How many other people also develop tools/spreadsheets/systems to help their own recruiting, etc. yatzr decided to share what he developed with others, to 1. let other users benefit, and 2. to make a little extra money on the side. I see nothing wrong with this.

Move along.
5/17/2018 6:29 PM
cheat
CHet/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating
  1. 1.
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

"and I'm sorry Miss Rosie Perez, I call a spade a spade, it just is what it is."
5/17/2018 6:35 PM
Yall some gotdang cheaters.
5/17/2018 6:38 PM
all she did was call a cab. to save time

wait no that was Ruiz
5/17/2018 6:43 PM (edited)
Heh
5/17/2018 6:43 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 5/17/2018 6:35:00 PM (view original):
cheat
CHet/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating
  1. 1.
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

"and I'm sorry Miss Rosie Perez, I call a spade a spade, it just is what it is."
So you and KC and the sunshine band have tried yatzr and didn't like it?
5/17/2018 9:25 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
yatzr users are cheaters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.