Redshirt grades Topic

What happens if a redshirt player falls under 2.0? I assume he just needs to be above 2.0 by the time next season starts?

Its early, first mid term only 6 games into the season. And he's 2.3 now. So no worries. But it made me think
5/18/2018 6:08 AM
Absolutely nothing, he will continue to practice. I don’t give RS study minutes because I have never seen the use of giving study hall minutes to a RS.
5/18/2018 4:23 PM
Ok thank you. I can at least like ONE of you 58 viewers that decided to add input!

I didn't think it would matter for this season. But i assumed by not adding SH minutes to a redshirt freshman, you'd end up with a class clown by the time he's playable next season. And he'd battle eligibility issues the rest of his career

so, maybe not. Thank you
5/18/2018 5:32 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 5/18/2018 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Absolutely nothing, he will continue to practice. I don’t give RS study minutes because I have never seen the use of giving study hall minutes to a RS.
That's not exactly right. Two things happen when your RS "flunks".

1. If it's the second semester, they don't improve in the off season as much.
2. It takes more SH minutes their second season to keep them eligible.
5/18/2018 9:59 PM
Redshirt grades Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.