Posted by seble on 5/18/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 5/18/2018 12:25:00 PM (view original):
seble, the tool automates tedious recruiting tasks. It isn't just a data cruncher.
Right, but it's not doing anything you can't do within the site. It's just allowing you to do it faster, right?
I was told one time that you can search recruits by their Formation IQ on the yatzr tool which you can not do within this site.
5/18/2018 1:12 PM
genuvar - thanks for that summary. The only thing that has me curious is the distance of a recruit from other schools. I'm wondering how the app calculates that, given that it's not provided by the site.
5/18/2018 1:17 PM
Posted by seble on 5/18/2018 1:17:00 PM (view original):
genuvar - thanks for that summary. The only thing that has me curious is the distance of a recruit from other schools. I'm wondering how the app calculates that, given that it's not provided by the site.
There are some websites that will calculate a straight line distance between points; I'm guessing it feeds it that with the location info?

Also, from genuvar's post: "...submit recruit actions while you are away." - to me that is a little bit more than just a time saver. Those who don't use it either get a good night's sleep, or recruit at 3:00 am and are foggy the next day. Yatzr users can recruit every cycle and get their beauty sleep.
5/18/2018 1:20 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 5/18/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 5/18/2018 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhunterz on 5/18/2018 12:39:00 PM (view original):
seble, the tool automates tedious recruiting tasks. It isn't just a data cruncher.
seble, this guy doesn't play the game! Thank you for the update on where you stand with this issue. No one using the tool is trying to cheat as others imply, it simply allows them to play the game within the time they have to spend on it.
Boom roasted.

Like me, yatzr and bhazlewood also don't currently play. Unlike them, I have an active team in another WIS game.
They also don’t spend their lives getting into ******* matches on a fantasy game forum
Boom roasted.
5/18/2018 1:23 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 5/18/2018 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 5/18/2018 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhunterz on 5/18/2018 12:39:00 PM (view original):
seble, this guy doesn't play the game! Thank you for the update on where you stand with this issue. No one using the tool is trying to cheat as others imply, it simply allows them to play the game within the time they have to spend on it.
Boom roasted.

Like me, yatzr and bhazlewood also don't currently play. Unlike them, I have an active team in another WIS game.
True, they no longer are playing but they have contributed more to this game than you ever have or ever will. They are also not on here accusing people of cheating in a game they no longer play either unlike someone else.
Still contributing dollars to the game probably shouldn't be overlooked.
5/18/2018 1:24 PM
With this tool, can you schedule a recruting action for a cycle other than the current cycle?

Like, for example it's 2pm. Could I schedule some recruiting actions for the 3pm cycle and others for the 6pm cycle? If there was an option where you could send conditional actions (where it only sends the action if the player is red or yellow), that would be a pretty big advantage for recruiting against Sims especially but also humans that is not available within the game itself.
5/18/2018 1:26 PM
Posted by seble on 5/18/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Right, but it's not doing anything you can't do within the site. It's just allowing you to do it faster, right?
Seble --

I think faster is an understatement. In general the recruiting tool does three things. I'm a relative newbie to GD, but I likely wouldn't play if the tool failed or if it wasn't included in some version on the site. I would be happy to either get on the phone with you and explain it or answer any questions you have through messaging.

1. AGGREGATION OF DATA/SORTING/FILTERING/RANKING -- It aggregates all of the possible ratings including personal rankings, formation IQ, miles, GPA, and possibly most importantly potential scores based on the scouting emails for every possible recruit including out of vision ones into one massive sortable and filterable database screen. You can sort any column and filter by minimum attribute scores, miles, Considering Team, position and maybe more. You can also customize your position ranking formulas and fine tune to your personal preferences. On the considering team, it tells you how many scholarships the team has open, how many they have signed and how many green and yellow recruits they have. All of that is available on the site but it would take MONTHS to click through every recruit/team and find it.

2. RECRUITING ACTIONS -- It allows you to make recruiting actions in mass across all of the players you have flagged in one screen. i.e. instead of opening a recruit profile, clicking on the recruit tab, selecting 1 for campus visit, hit recruit, hit the yes I have enough to make scholarship offer box you can open a window that has all of your recruits and all of the potential recruiting actions and place a number in the box for the number of each action you want to take, hit do actions, it will tell you how much of you budget you have used and how much remaining if you do actions and you execute.

3. ANALYTICS -- There are 2 portions of the main screen that show you a ton of details about your team and the recruiting base. The first shows you by position by class how many players you have on scholly. You can then enter how many you are targeting in each position and below that it shows you how many you have flagged, green, yellow, red. The second chart shows the total recruit base by position and shows how many in each position are within 360 miles and a couple other distances. This tells you how many players are close etc. In addition, there is a team ranker that uses the customized formulas to rank the talent levels of all of the teams in the world and a team analyzer that shows the attributes of all the players on your team by position so you can compare and find weak spots etc.

The combination of these three things I think probably saves me about 75% of the time it would take to do similar routines on the site. In addition, because of the filtering, sorting and customization features, my decisions are significantly better I think than if I was doing it simply through the UI.
5/18/2018 1:28 PM
The "backups" option on the search filter is also a huge advantage to people that use the tool.

5/18/2018 1:36 PM
5/18/2018 1:38 PM
Seble -- You can see tutorials on how all of the actions work at this site. http://www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm

For miles question, explanation starts at the 2:20 mark of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPab1l78NJM

Thanks for looking at all of this stuff and trying to make the game better! Love playing it especially when in a league that heavy on humans and chatty.
5/18/2018 1:39 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 5/18/2018 1:26:00 PM (view original):
With this tool, can you schedule a recruting action for a cycle other than the current cycle?

Like, for example it's 2pm. Could I schedule some recruiting actions for the 3pm cycle and others for the 6pm cycle? If there was an option where you could send conditional actions (where it only sends the action if the player is red or yellow), that would be a pretty big advantage for recruiting against Sims especially but also humans that is not available within the game itself.
I don't think that is possible, but perhaps I haven't looked closely enough. I think you can only submit them in mass during a cycle to be processed at the next cutoff.
5/18/2018 1:59 PM
No, you cannot set it up to recruit at certain cycle. You can only set it to recruit the next cycle, nothing beyond that.
5/18/2018 2:34 PM
It's not conditional but it also does not have to be the next cycle. Its just a delay timer that you can set to post the actions when you want.
5/18/2018 2:39 PM
Posted by genuvar on 5/18/2018 2:39:00 PM (view original):
It's not conditional but it also does not have to be the next cycle. Its just a delay timer that you can set to post the actions when you want.
That is significant to me. More than just a power drill to the screwdriver analogy.
5/18/2018 2:42 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 5/18/2018 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Seble, is there any chance that WIS could purchase the rights to the code and integrate it into the product, giving everyone equal access to it?
Excellent Idea ! I might even use it if it was integrated into the game.
I am one of those less than sophisticated computer people that finds it too difficult to use the tool as it now stands.
5/18/2018 2:58 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.