If it was conditional it would be, but if anything the delay timer without the condition is just going to make you overspend.

I just watched some of the YouTube videos, the tool is brilliant. Using it as an easy way to sort and identify recruits and then submit actions, I get why people like it. Developers like this are the reason why we have so much cool stuff that make our lives easier.

For the people who are against the tool, I don't think it's these basic features that they care about. Stuff like being able to see exactly how far a recruit is from all human coaches is a huge advantage in identifying recruits to go after outside of certain distance intervals.Or being able to see exactly what recruits are considering a specific school so you can send in some decoy actions (or more nefarious motives). The tool isn't just a time-saver, it does things that you physically could not do in the 3 hours between cycles even if you wanted to.

$10 is $10 and if you don't have the extra money, you probably shouldn't be playing to begin with.

But some people need to play on devices where it just isn't possible to use the tool. Work devices, mobile devices or public computers. I'm actually one of these people during the two most important recruiting cycles in my world. At work, I find about 10-15 minutes to send out AC scouts during the first cycle, and then I have 10-15 minutes to go through my AC reports and identify the high potential guys, then start recruiting them. After that, the rest of recruiting I usually have to do from my phone. I don't care that people use it, I'm doing fine without it. But I also get why some people don't like it.
5/18/2018 3:13 PM
Posted by mojolad on 5/18/2018 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 5/18/2018 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Seble, is there any chance that WIS could purchase the rights to the code and integrate it into the product, giving everyone equal access to it?
Excellent Idea ! I might even use it if it was integrated into the game.
I am one of those less than sophisticated computer people that finds it too difficult to use the tool as it now stands.
That's ok mojo you still kick everyone's a** without it. You don't need the help.
5/18/2018 3:14 PM
Posted by seble on 5/18/2018 1:17:00 PM (view original):
genuvar - thanks for that summary. The only thing that has me curious is the distance of a recruit from other schools. I'm wondering how the app calculates that, given that it's not provided by the site.
In my short time here I apparently have retained more knowledge about WIS than you were anointed with. In the link is everything you need to know about the yatzr tool. This is a man that is devoted to his craft. Just read his "servicing of customers." Great guy.

I do have a question for the two guys on this site that have a problem with the yatzr recruit tool. Why now? Apparently this thing is a decade old. All of a sudden two "different" people decide that it is cheating and then back each other up? Weird.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=425161&TopicsTimeframe=30&TopicsPage=2
5/18/2018 3:27 PM
Posted by tronstellar on 5/18/2018 3:27:00 PM (view original):
genuvar - thanks for that summary. The only thing that has me curious is the distance of a recruit from other schools. I'm wondering how the app calculates that, given that it's not provided by the site.
In my short time here I apparently have retained more knowledge about WIS than you were anointed with. In the link is everything you need to know about the yatzr tool. This is a man that is devoted to his craft. Just read his "servicing of customers." Great guy.

I do have a question for the two guys on this site that have a problem with the yatzr recruit tool. Why now? Apparently this thing is a decade old. All of a sudden two "different" people decide that it is cheating and then back each other up? Weird.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=425161&TopicsTimeframe=30&TopicsPage=2
forgot to say that this old forum post contains TWENTY SEVEN pages of "yatzr you are awesome" posts and ZERO "this is cheating" posts.
5/18/2018 3:52 PM
the two guys

maybe they just got here in the last year or two

sometimes new guys come to a game and wonder why they keep getting their *** kicked
5/18/2018 3:53 PM
"Different" people?

lol

Pull up a chain and sit down you little *****.

Now this is a story all about how
This game got flipped turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the biggest enemy of a community called GD.

In West Philadelphia, born and raised
On the computer is where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
And all simming' some football outside of the school
When a couple of bots, who were up to no good
Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood

5/18/2018 4:00 PM
and the info you are looking for specifically, Circa Yatzr 8/26/2010

I'd like to share some data I've gathered about how recruits are distributed in relation to schools' locations. First, let me get a few things out of the way.

How did you get this data? I used a tool I made (remember the game analysis tool? Similar to that) to grab recruit data including the town they live in. I then used google and yahoo to get latitiude and longitude for each town. I then use the latitude/longitude of the schools' towns to get a distance from any school to any recruit.

Why are you sharing this? I've had this data for awhile now, but I don't see much of an advantage to holding on to it anymore. I nabbed a school in an apparent recruiting hotbed and have done very well (especially considering I'm not that good of a coach). Also, a couple individuals were generous enough to give me a donation after sharing my game analysis tool. That made me want to share more stuff.

How accurate is this data? I'll be honest, I was amazed how accurate my calculated distances are. I compared my calculated distances to the distances that WIS provides for each recruit for your school. Here's the results of that:

Total recruits = 12655 (across all divisions)
Off by:
0 miles = 2904
1 mile = 4547
2 Miles = 2566
3 Miles = 1048
4 Miles = 553
5 Miles = 300
6-10 Miles = 550
11-20 Miles = 84
> 20 Miles = 103

So that's about 79% within 2 miles, 94% within 5 miles, and 98% within 10 miles. That's pretty good for just grabbing coordinates from google and yahoo.

How consistent are the distributions from world to world, season to season? Very. I've done this several seasons now in Wilkinson and the results are always extremely similar. I also did this in Yost when I had a team there. Same results.
5/18/2018 4:02 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 5/18/2018 4:00:00 PM (view original):
"Different" people?

lol

the odd thing about this post is that when I click on "my forums" and uncheck the profanity tik box, it is revealed that you used profanity to attack me personally. These are two major infractions that should include a forum warning ban.
5/18/2018 4:12 PM
Posted by tronstellar on 5/18/2018 4:14:00 PM (view original):
"Different" people?

lol

the odd thing about this post is that when I click on "my forums" and uncheck the profanity tik box, it is revealed that you used profanity to attack me personally. These are two major infractions that should include a forum warning ban.
Tigerpark cheated at GD for years, but only got banned after he called another user a "butt pirate."
5/18/2018 4:26 PM
Butt Pirate. Jeez to get banned for using that term is pathetic. I think as a gay reference it's pretty funny :)
(Picture one guy going to town on another guy with a kerchief on his head and an eye patch :) "Aargh ... Ahoy Matey"
5/18/2018 4:36 PM

5/18/2018 4:51 PM
I played for years without the app. 8-9.

Always hearing about how great this app is.

Someone in the slack chat app kept telling me that I needed to try it.

So I did. And it was kinda cool but nothing too impressive. Nothing I couldn't do on the site.

But after a few minutes of messing with it I found that to get any of the good features I had to pay.

Before paying the money I asked the slack app people what the money would get me. I did not get a good answer.

After a few hours, curiosity killed the cat. I payed the price. I purchased the app.

First thing I did was see the milage of all schools from a recruit and I felt a pit in my tummy. I was getting info that others dont have unless they spend time to figure out. I never had the time to figure out distance.

I was cheating.

Then I brought up this fact on the chat app.

The more I played with the tool the more I realized it was wrong and a complete advantage over those that dont have it.

The auto recruit was crazy to me. I had heard people say "why didn't you scout those guys?" And I didn't scout everyone in my 180 because it was a lot of clicking to scout them all. But others were using bots, so it was not hard for them to do. I did not understand until I got the app.

Then there was the idea of reading all that damn mail. I couldn't do it. And I guess no one could.

Feature after feature. Very disappointed in you guys.

At the end of the day I was deflated. Lost all respect for some of these so called "great coaches". I was told for years that yatzr doesn't do anything but that was a big fat lie. It very much does.

I know. Whhhhaaaaa. What a baby.

I knew people would get ****** when I called them out. Called them cheaters. Someone should have done it a long time ago.
5/18/2018 4:55 PM
"Different" people?

lol

HahahahhhHAHhHhhaahaha
5/18/2018 4:59 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 5/18/2018 4:59:00 PM (view original):
"Different" people?

lol

HahahahhhHAHhHhhaahaha
This dude is upset with hundreds of people for optimizing their time but laughs at someone who is upset for being called a derogatory name. Common! smh.
5/18/2018 5:20 PM
slack chat app ? There's a slack chat for GD? How come everyone doesn't know about this?

Since everyone doesn't know about this, you must be cheating because you use it.

5/18/2018 5:24 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.