double teaming "leading scorer" Topic

If you "double team leading scorer" for more than one player (say 2) who gets double teamed if they are tied for leading scorer. Neither? Both? One that was leading before the tie? Anyone know?
5/18/2018 9:59 PM
I've always assumed it's both but I am not sure. Send in a ticket.
5/18/2018 10:00 PM
Interesting. I'm with joe and have made the same assumption. It can't be neither but damn if I know whether it's both or some sort of tiebreaker. It never occurred to me...
5/18/2018 10:04 PM
From my experience, your defense lets *someone else* score until they are the leading scorer, thus solving the problem.
5/19/2018 6:58 AM
I recall reading in the forums that if you have two players set to "double-team", and they are both on the court at the same time it cancels out and nobody gets doubled.....if that is the case, wouldn't both players being leading scorer result in both being set to "double-team", so they would cancel each other out and nobody would be doubled?
5/19/2018 2:34 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 5/19/2018 2:34:00 PM (view original):
I recall reading in the forums that if you have two players set to "double-team", and they are both on the court at the same time it cancels out and nobody gets doubled.....if that is the case, wouldn't both players being leading scorer result in both being set to "double-team", so they would cancel each other out and nobody would be doubled?
You can double team up to 2 people. Anything over that it will cancel out. You can do all 12 players "as leading scorer", but you can only do up to 2 as "always"
5/19/2018 4:01 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 5/19/2018 4:01:00 PM (view original):
You can double team up to 2 people. Anything over that it will cancel out. You can do all 12 players "as leading scorer", but you can only do up to 2 as "always"
Source? Not that I doubt you, I've just read recently that if two players set to "double-team" are on the court at the same time they cancel out. Ironically, I can't find the source where I read that haha
5/19/2018 4:48 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 5/19/2018 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 5/19/2018 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Source? Not that I doubt you, I've just read recently that if two players set to "double-team" are on the court at the same time they cancel out. Ironically, I can't find the source where I read that haha
I've never heard that.
5/19/2018 5:02 PM
It's three.
5/19/2018 7:25 PM
Article 327 in the FAQ
5/19/2018 7:26 PM
Q: What happens if I set everyone to double team always?
A: On any given possession, you may be double teaming up to 2 players. If you've selected to always double team 3 or more players and they are on the floor at the same time, nobody will be double teamed .

Q: What if I select 2 players to double team always and 1 to double if he's the leading scorer - which takes precedence?
A: When you choose to always double team a player, that takes precedence over any other setting. The only exception is if you have settings which would cause 3 or players to be double teamed at the same time. For example, if you have 2 players set to double-team always and 1 player set to double-team when leading scorer (and he is the leading scorer), when those 3 are on the floor at the same time, no one will be double teamed .
5/19/2018 7:44 PM
double teaming "leading scorer" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.