Has the SIM been hacked? Topic

Posted by georgereiss1 on 5/20/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 5/20/2018 1:26:00 PM (view original):
He’s lying unless his mom is paying for his online games. He has atleast one other alt ID with an equally bad HD track record. It’s really a mystery why he plays this game.
Again step up to d1 before running your
mouts
You already play D1?! What's your other user name?
5/20/2018 2:57 PM
Wait! Nevermind. I remember now. I asked you if you had another user name a while back. And you are keeping it secret for some reason. I remember this now.
5/20/2018 2:58 PM
Always fun trolling the losers getting their panties all twisted
5/20/2018 3:15 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 5/20/2018 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Wait! Nevermind. I remember now. I asked you if you had another user name a while back. And you are keeping it secret for some reason. I remember this now.
It is greiss13
5/20/2018 3:17 PM
I was swept by Sim AI Norte Dame with RPI in the 200’s but went 3-1 against top 25 teams including victory over top 10 team. Maybe HD is designed to have surprises cause that’s what happened in real life
5/20/2018 4:50 PM
The DSM in my name is from an engineering firm I founded about 25 years ago. It stands for Demand Side Management, an energy conservation technique.

Trying to get this topic back on it's original subject, I've played this game long enough to know when I have a good, bad or OK team and this St John's team is an OK team in a really top conference. Most of the players were on the team last year and it had a decent winning record against some tough opponents.

I have tried slowdown, with success and failure with this team, this season and don't see that as the reason for our weird play. So far we have played 3 nationally ranked teams (two, top 15 in exhibition and the third in non-con. The non-con is the #1 in our world. We lost by 2 points in each of the exhibitions and lost by 10 (lead in the first half) against the #1. We have played 3 other non-con games, all 3 against weak opposition SIM's and lost 2 of them. Not only lost, bu by more than 10 points. I understand there will be some upsets, but don't expect them when you're favored by 30+ and no player on the other team would start over your my 4 starters.

This is too strong a team to be upset by teams with those skill sets. If we weren't a good team we wouldn't have been that competitive against 3 top 15 ranked teams.
5/20/2018 7:14 PM
Are you playing target minutes or fatigue? If fatigue - what are your settings at?
5/20/2018 7:34 PM
I'm no D1 master. But 2 things I notice.... 1) your FT shooting has been terrible. And 2) the fatigue factor. As Benis mentioned. In the sim games you lost, at a quick glance, you had guys in the first half, against press teams, that were on the floor with "very tired" fatigue. That's not a good idea. I think you have 3 guys averaging 30+mpg and two of them have low 80s stamina rating and one is in the low 70s. He's also your most active offensive player.

To my knowledge, stamina works as a multiplier somewhat. If your guys are 90s in ATH/SPD/DEF/PER and they are fairly fresh, you will get the max out of them. If that same player is "very tired", he plays more like a guy with 70s in all those ratings. (That is a complete example. And numbers aren't accurate in any way. I'm just painting a picture).

And it's kinda just a whole circle working against you, lil by lil.... low FT shooting, low(ish) stamina players playing high minutes, playing against a press team magnifies that.... all that as a whole, is the issue that i see. Could be wrong tho

One thing to add, I don't play D1, so everyone can throw fire at me if i'm wrong.... I hear of people at D1 that continuously do not fill their rosters for various reasons. But i know at D2 if i'm playing a top tier team that runs press, using 9 players just doesn't cut it, even if all 9 are studs. And I think that is easily the glaring flaw. UNLESS.... D1 is that different, in which you can tell me to climb back under my rock
5/20/2018 8:21 PM (edited)
Posted by steveatdsm on 5/20/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
The DSM in my name is from an engineering firm I founded about 25 years ago. It stands for Demand Side Management, an energy conservation technique.

Trying to get this topic back on it's original subject, I've played this game long enough to know when I have a good, bad or OK team and this St John's team is an OK team in a really top conference. Most of the players were on the team last year and it had a decent winning record against some tough opponents.

I have tried slowdown, with success and failure with this team, this season and don't see that as the reason for our weird play. So far we have played 3 nationally ranked teams (two, top 15 in exhibition and the third in non-con. The non-con is the #1 in our world. We lost by 2 points in each of the exhibitions and lost by 10 (lead in the first half) against the #1. We have played 3 other non-con games, all 3 against weak opposition SIM's and lost 2 of them. Not only lost, bu by more than 10 points. I understand there will be some upsets, but don't expect them when you're favored by 30+ and no player on the other team would start over your my 4 starters.

This is too strong a team to be upset by teams with those skill sets. If we weren't a good team we wouldn't have been that competitive against 3 top 15 ranked teams.
I don't think your team is nearly as good as you think. Too many holes on defense and poor rebounding, passing, ball handling.

Ive see an lot of weird results in preseason games so wouldn't put too much stock into those results. game had you as a 34 point dog vs #1. That should tell you something.
5/20/2018 8:15 PM
Playing fatigue settings. Had them as getting tired but changed them to fairly fresh against #1 and only lost by 11 after leading in first half. May have helped.
5/20/2018 9:11 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 5/20/2018 9:39:00 AM (view original):
Manhattan is a Sim currently, but the Jaspers have at least 4 players that were recruited by grimacedance (plus a couple of juniors that he may have locked up in Session One). I've found that teams like this are really dangerous and unpredictable.

Chapelhillne has a renegade Sim New Mexico Lobos team in Crum that has been tearing it up too. Still, no question it does suck losing to any Sim.
Dang - I just saw that team is 19-0 and ranked #2. Went 10-0 in non conference against 10 humans. I knew it was a good team, but I really wanted to go to UCLA. That team has a chance to win the title as a SIM - sort of wish I had stayed now.
5/20/2018 10:58 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 5/20/2018 8:21:00 PM (view original):
I'm no D1 master. But 2 things I notice.... 1) your FT shooting has been terrible. And 2) the fatigue factor. As Benis mentioned. In the sim games you lost, at a quick glance, you had guys in the first half, against press teams, that were on the floor with "very tired" fatigue. That's not a good idea. I think you have 3 guys averaging 30+mpg and two of them have low 80s stamina rating and one is in the low 70s. He's also your most active offensive player.

To my knowledge, stamina works as a multiplier somewhat. If your guys are 90s in ATH/SPD/DEF/PER and they are fairly fresh, you will get the max out of them. If that same player is "very tired", he plays more like a guy with 70s in all those ratings. (That is a complete example. And numbers aren't accurate in any way. I'm just painting a picture).

And it's kinda just a whole circle working against you, lil by lil.... low FT shooting, low(ish) stamina players playing high minutes, playing against a press team magnifies that.... all that as a whole, is the issue that i see. Could be wrong tho

One thing to add, I don't play D1, so everyone can throw fire at me if i'm wrong.... I hear of people at D1 that continuously do not fill their rosters for various reasons. But i know at D2 if i'm playing a top tier team that runs press, using 9 players just doesn't cut it, even if all 9 are studs. And I think that is easily the glaring flaw. UNLESS.... D1 is that different, in which you can tell me to climb back under my rock
You're spot on here TD. And there isn't a difference between D1 and the other divisions here..

The problem with Steve's team is that he has no depth AND his stamina is bad. You can do 9 guys no problem in M2M if you have good ST.

Take a look at my NMSU team. I ran uptempo with 10 guys all season but look at my ST compared to Steve's St. John's team. His 9 guys have an avg ST of 70 while my 10 guys have an avg ST of 83.

So the lesson is - if you're going to rely on a short line up - you can't ignore Stamina.
5/21/2018 9:43 AM
Stamina + FCP = random losses for me in the past. Up until the past few seasons with UTA, I've run slowdown against every FCP opponent to avoid crazy bench minutes. My team is a bit deeper now, so I'll take my 2nd stringers over a SIM's 2nd stringers with uptempo offense.
5/21/2018 10:29 AM
◂ Prev 123
Has the SIM been hacked? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.