Free Agent Franchise XI - FULL Topic

I'll grab the Dodgers, protecting Jackie and the Duke. And then I'll take Banks, Hack, and Bill Henry off the Cubbies .....hands? Paws?
5/21/2018 11:50 PM
St. Louis Cardinals

I will protect Mort Cooper & Red Schoendienst

I will steal Sandy Koufax, Whit Wyatt & Roy Campanella
5/22/2018 8:09 AM
Boston/Milwaukee Braves/Boston Bees

I will protect Warren Spahn & Hank Aaron

I will steal Stan Musial, Harry Brecheen, and Bob Gibson
5/22/2018 8:49 AM
Nice Braves pick. I really wanted to grab a Spahn/Aaron Braves team. And thank you for not taking both Musial and Mize. I expected one of them to get picked - was hoping both wouldn't. I couldn't afford to lose Schoendienst. No good 2B after him..
5/22/2018 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone

Braves on the chopping block
5/22/2018 10:56 AM
I'll give this a try with the Giants
Keepers:
Juan Marichal, Willie Mays
Stealing: Jim Turner, Tommy Holmes, Eddie Mathews

Thanks.
5/22/2018 11:07 AM
Wow - some Harsh stealing going on... imagine the Cards without Gibson or Musial... actually Brecheen might hurt the most? The Dodgers without Koufax or Campy..... Yikes!?

5/22/2018 11:32 AM
I jumped into this totally unexpectedly, and I think I got off easily enough with my steals. Sox didn’t have an amazing pitcher worth protecting and I got two better guys from the Yanks than anyone I had. Now to wrestle great Foxx and Williams seasons into the cap. That’s going to be hard.
5/22/2018 11:39 AM
Giants on the chopping block

Teams still available include; Pirates, Indians, Cubs, Phillies, Reds, White Sox, Browns/Orioles, Senator/Twins, A's, Red Sox, Braves
5/22/2018 12:14 PM
I'll come in with White Sox, protecting Pierce and Peters, purloining Ott, Melton and Jumbo Brown
5/22/2018 12:36 PM
Posted by good_beef on 5/22/2018 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Wow - some Harsh stealing going on... imagine the Cards without Gibson or Musial... actually Brecheen might hurt the most? The Dodgers without Koufax or Campy..... Yikes!?

Why would I need Gibson or Brecheen? I already have Koufax, Wyatt and Cooper. That's 900+ innings of starting pitching. And with respect to losing Musial I purposely left him unprotected hoping he would get taken. I have plenty of OF's to choose from (Medwick, Slaughter, H.Walker, J.Hopp) and Johnny Mize at 1B. I really didn't want to lose the Cardinal's strong relievers (Hearn, Pollet) like the other Cardinals owner did.
5/22/2018 1:17 PM
I would also like to make a prediction. Alston (Dodgers owner from the other side) will win 90+ games. He's got Koufax & Wyatt and stole Hearn & Pollet. And, he didn't get Duke Snider or Roy Campanella stolen from him. It would be very strange if my team met his team in the World Series as we'd have a lot of the same pitchers going against each other even though we each selected different franchises to use.
5/22/2018 1:21 PM
Posted by schwarze on 5/22/2018 1:21:00 PM (view original):
I would also like to make a prediction. Alston (Dodgers owner from the other side) will win 90+ games. He's got Koufax & Wyatt and stole Hearn & Pollet. And, he didn't get Duke Snider or Roy Campanella stolen from him. It would be very strange if my team met his team in the World Series as we'd have a lot of the same pitchers going against each other even though we each selected different franchises to use.
From your post to the sim god's ears.
5/22/2018 1:44 PM
Reds, protect Ted Kluszewski and Frank Robinson, steal Luke Appling, Nellie Fox, Minnie Minoso
5/22/2018 1:50 PM
Wow, I am stunned Carl Hubbell wasn't stolen. He's a reasonably priced top 10 pitcher in this theme. odalisgagne is going to be tough to beat in the A.L.

I was strongly considering taking the Giants (instead of the Cardinals). Hubbell was a lock protect and I was having a hard time deciding between Marichal and Mays and my second protect.
5/22/2018 2:04 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Free Agent Franchise XI - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.