Redshirting a Sr in 3.0 Topic

My UNC team has 2 seniors (1 being red-shirted) and a walk-on. What I find interesting is I received APs and budgets for 3 openings instead of 2. Seems like a nice advantage to anyone willing to red-shirt a senior, especially in RS1.

Anyine know what what will happen in RS2 when the RS sr is still on my roster? Assuming I haven’t spent my entire budget will I essentially lose the extra cash and APs?
5/20/2018 10:30 PM
Are you sure the Senior accepted the redshirt. I have never seen one do that before. Usually they get angry - so will he quit after this season?
5/20/2018 10:54 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 5/20/2018 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Are you sure the Senior accepted the redshirt. I have never seen one do that before. Usually they get angry - so will he quit after this season?
WE is 1, I'd say he gone
5/20/2018 11:33 PM
I've always heard this is like a game glitch of sort. They always drop to 1 if you redshirt them their senior season. But they stay every time.

I've heard multiple coaches say they use this strategically. Like if they have only one senior on the team. It brings back a player with solid core ratings (and IQ) for an additional season
5/21/2018 4:15 AM
Posted by billscnb on 5/20/2018 11:33:00 PM (view original):
WE is 1, I'd say he gone
I’ve red-shirted many seniors before-their WE always drops to 1 but they never leave. Only possibility is he declares for the draft but he hasn’t ever shown up on the big board.

Chap-yes, he accepted the RS.
5/21/2018 6:42 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 5/21/2018 6:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by billscnb on 5/20/2018 11:33:00 PM (view original):
WE is 1, I'd say he gone
I’ve red-shirted many seniors before-their WE always drops to 1 but they never leave. Only possibility is he declares for the draft but he hasn’t ever shown up on the big board.

Chap-yes, he accepted the RS.
Looks like a glitch. Keep us informed
5/21/2018 7:30 AM
This is the kind of stuff I never know about. Good grief.
5/21/2018 8:15 AM
How is it a glitch. Unless you broke a promise, no player leaves after taking a redshirt, even if his WE drops to 1. You are trading services from one year to the next except now you have a player with 0 growth (and even a decrease) in the offseason.
5/21/2018 8:53 AM
Posted by mullycj on 5/21/2018 8:53:00 AM (view original):
How is it a glitch. Unless you broke a promise, no player leaves after taking a redshirt, even if his WE drops to 1. You are trading services from one year to the next except now you have a player with 0 growth (and even a decrease) in the offseason.
If that's correct, than my error on the term "glitch". I always assumed players would leave if you redshirt them and their WE decreased substantially. (Say 50%+)

if that's not true, and they never leave because of it, well then it's a bad word choice on my behalf
5/21/2018 10:40 AM
I'd say it is a glitch if you getting recruiting resources for him and he stays.
5/21/2018 12:28 PM
Posted by billscnb on 5/21/2018 12:28:00 PM (view original):
I'd say it is a glitch if you getting recruiting resources for him and he stays.
This is what I’m curious about. I wonder if there’s a chance I’ll lose resources in RS2. I don’t care about the APs, it’s more I’d like to be prepared if I suddenly lose $3k from my recruiting budget.
5/21/2018 1:33 PM
Well someone has the answers to this. This isn't a hidden secret to all. It happens often. We need a coach who does this to confirm things
5/21/2018 2:16 PM
I’ll report back after recruiting is over. But if the funds and resources stay then why wouldn’t everyone RS a SR when taking over a new team and then cut him between RS1 and RS2? It’d be even funnier if cutting said senior gave you an additional set of funds in RS2.
5/21/2018 5:11 PM
I get what you're saying. But I don't think you can cut seniors at all once the season begins. The "rescind scholarship" doesn't appear on that players line. At least when discussing RS2.

I would assume the only "extra funds", or benefits you get from doing this, would be in RS1 of the season he's riding pine. And maybe RS2 overlooks this as well.

I've never even thought about the extra funds that come along with doing this. I've considered trying it. But never came across the right time to try it, and I only thought about the player himself. Forgot all about the recruiting aspect of doing this. Let us know what happens to your budget at the start of RS2 please.

kinda sucks no one is sharing their experience and you're somewhat of a Guinea pig right now. Where is Only when we need him most? Haha
5/21/2018 7:31 PM
0nly did it often. But he’s not talking (on the forums).
5/21/2018 9:48 PM
12 Next ▸
Redshirting a Sr in 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.