How to avoid drafting all P's with $0 draft budget Topic

I've got a team with $0 in both draft budgets. Is there a quick way to jumble up the players? I don't see many players and all the ??? guys are ranked by position. I'd like to avoid drafting all P's but I'm not going to manually rank players I can't even see the rankings of (I don't even know if the guys listed as SS are even close to SS) I've tried playing around with the formula builder but it looks like that doesn't rearrange the ??? guys (understandably).
5/22/2018 1:45 AM
I usually ask for at least one player at every position and never more than four ANYs. Even then I often still end up with too many Ps. Only thing I found that works - because I just had a draft in which I didn't see a single P worth blowing a high pick on - is to knock all the Ps down the board. I manually ranked my Top 30, only had three Ps in it, highest one was at 17. Didn't end up taking a P till round 6, only got ten in total.

5/22/2018 7:24 AM
Completely forgot about the position limits because I've had them off for so long. Don't even look at that part of the draft settings page. Thanks damag.
5/22/2018 8:44 AM
I know there are, or used to be, owners who say draft as many ANYs as possible, but I tried that once and got 18 pitchers. Didn't like it.

5/22/2018 8:49 AM
Out of curiosity do you like the 0/0 drafting strategy? Do you go all in on INT or Keep your player payroll super high (or a mix I guess). I'm curious because I've got a guy on my Honolulu team that was drafted in the 20th round last year and is already a 90 overall 2b stud. So he must've just not been scouted by anyone and the previous owner just luckily picked him. Makes me wonder what else you can get with guys who weren't scouted. Player Profile: Hector Peters - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
5/23/2018 4:09 PM
Been discussed in a few threads here... the draft randomly seeds good players in the low rounds. AFAIK seems to be no rhyme or reason to where and when.
5/23/2018 4:38 PM
One team I'm at 0/0 because I'm in contending mode and I'm using all my budget on large FA contracts or paying the guys I drafted or signed in IFA. The other team I'm trying a rebuild using strictly IFA's. I haven't found any of those players you mention but like damag said, there's a thread floating around about players who seem to drop because only one team can see them (even if it's as a ??? player on their draft board).
5/24/2018 10:02 AM
Found a really weird one recently: In the 23 yr old FAs at the beginning of the season, there was a 59 overall SP. Control and P2 aren't great, but otherwise he could easily project as an SP4 or SP5. If everyone sees him he gets drafted in the second round, latest. So one would assume he was drafted last season out of college but went unsigned, right?

Nope. I checked his card, he was never drafted. Doesn't say where he went to college; doesn't have any record of him playing anywhere. Ergo, he was never scouted by any of the league's owners.
5/24/2018 10:54 AM
Beer league all american prior to trying out for pro ball?
5/24/2018 12:57 PM
How to avoid drafting all P's with $0 draft budget Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.