Hello people, here is riddle 12:
  • I'm a former college basketball player and coach
  • I've only coached two teams,both of which I played for
  • My playing career ended in heartbreak
  • I never won the MVP, but I did receive votes
  • In Hoops Dynasty my recruiting preference for distance would be "Near Home". I would also have the honor of Mr. Basketball.
Who am I?

Riddle Point for the true answer, Street Cred for an alternative answer that fits all the clues.

Make sure your forum settings are set to 'image view' 'full' to see the leader board.
5/23/2018 11:38 AM
5/23/2018 11:38 AM
Chauncey Billups
5/23/2018 11:44 AM
Posted by RiddleFace on 5/23/2018 11:38:00 AM (view original):
  • In Hoops Dynasty my recruiting preference for distance would be "Near Home". I would also have the honor of Mr. Basketball.
Who am I?

Riddle Point for the true answer, Street Cred for an alternative answer that fits all the clues.

Make sure your forum settings are set to 'image view' 'full' to see the leader board.
Fred Hoiberg
5/23/2018 12:05 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 5/23/2018 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Who am I?

Fred Hoiberg
Riddle Point to grimacedance!

Care to explain?
5/23/2018 12:11 PM
Mark Jackson
5/23/2018 12:19 PM
Patrick Ewing
5/23/2018 12:19 PM
Who am I?

Fred Hoiberg
Nice! You got it!
5/23/2018 12:21 PM
Posted by RiddleFace on 5/23/2018 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Who am I?

Fred Hoiberg
Riddle Point to grimacedance!

Care to explain?
I found it by looking for lists of coaches who coached at their alma mater and found Hoiberg's name. He played for Iowa State & the Bulls, the only two teams he has coached. He grew up in Ames (where ISU is) and was Mr. Basketball for Iowa. His career ended in heartbreak, literally. He had surgery to correct his aorta. Never figured out the MVP one, but figured I would try him anyways.
5/23/2018 12:21 PM
Nicely done.

Anyone else know the MVP clue?
5/23/2018 12:25 PM
Hoiberg obtained the nickname "The Mayor" after receiving several write-in votes during the 1993 Ames, Iowa mayoral race.

Not sure if this is to what you were referring.
5/23/2018 12:37 PM
Posted by dacamel14 on 5/23/2018 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Hoiberg obtained the nickname "The Mayor" after receiving several write-in votes during the 1993 Ames, Iowa mayoral race.

Not sure if this is to what you were referring.
Yep, that is exactly it, nice work.
5/23/2018 12:44 PM
Glad to see you back Riddler. Even if I missed this thread completely until now.
5/23/2018 4:58 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.