DH52 LXI Evals Topic

pennsylvania- Larry Bird, Mookie Blaylock, Larry Nance, Paul Pressey, Oliver Miller: I really like Larry Bird. I think the second round was too high to take anyone named Mookie. I used to have a cat named Mookie and I wouldn't have drafted her until at least the 5th round. In a vacuum I like Larry Nance, but we are not in a vacuum and you already have Larry Bird at SF. Bird and Nance are both good players, but not together. Pressey is not bad next to Mookie, but what is worse, Pressey not shooting 3s or Mookie missing them? You waited until the 5th round to draft someone who I would call a big, and then you drafted someone who I think is a nice back-up big. I really don't see this team making the playoffs. Maybe only 31 teams will make it.

UPDATE: You have very good defensive ratings, but you give some of your advantage back with poor defensive rebounding. Your three point shooting shouldn't really scare anyone. I like Larry Bird and Larry Nance, but I don't like them together. I think you will have some problems if Bird is out and Buse is in at the same time. I think the rebounding and the lack of threes will sink this team.
6/6/2018 2:34 PM (edited)
cjok1051- Oscar Robertson, Steve Nash, Marcus Camby, Amare Stoudemire, Andre Kirilenko, JR Smith: I really like that you traded out of the 1st round and wanted to do something different. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but I like the concept. The Big O and the little Canadian seems like a back court that should be pretty good. Camby and Amare together (if you think that I'm going to take the time to write Stoudemire then you are completely.....aw crap) is another good combination, some good defense, some rebounding, some passing, some scoring....nice combo. AK47 seems to be a good fit with your other guys. J.R. Smith....okay, you needed some more 3s....there's something about neck tattoos that makes my neck hurt just thinking about it. I think there should be a league rule that J.R. Smith and Chris Andersen should have to be on the same team. I think if this trade works more people will just say WTF (sorry mom) and try it. Maybe we'll have 12 guys with 2 first round picks and 12 guys without any.
True story, Bobby Jones went to see the movie The Story of O because he thought it was a movie about Oscar Robertson.

UPDATE: You have a good and bad team. If the sim lets Stoudemire and Nash and Oscar shoot, that's good. If it allows Camby and Kirilenko to shoot too much, that's bad. As long as Kirilenko and Camby are guarding the opposing shooter, that's good. If Stoudemire and Nash have to be depended on for their defense, that's bad. The overall rebounding is below average. With the erratic way the sim is, I think you especially will have some really nice games and some train wreck games.
6/6/2018 2:54 PM (edited)
Posted by Midge on 5/24/2018 4:00:00 PM (view original):
sixernuggets- Dwight Howard, Karl-Anthony Towns, Derek Harper, Nick Anderson, Bill Bridges: Dwight Howard is a beast. I took him once and he sucked. Too many turnovers, bad attitude in the locker room, always complaining about the room service menus in the hotels, etc., but for everyone else he is a beast. I like Dwight and KAT together, good offense, good rebounding, and you can hide KAT's defense behind Dwight. Derek Harper is a good fit for this team and you're off to a good start unless you do something goofy like pick Nick Anderson with your 4th pick. Ummmmm..... Okay, I understand that you wanted a guy to shoot some 3 balls, but I think there were better players available at that time. (Who were they? Hey, I'm not getting paid to give you draft pick selections, I'm getting paid to write evals! WHAT? I'M NOT GETTING PAID TO WRITE EVALS? WTF?) Sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes. Okay, Bill "Walls and" Bridges, I get the feeling that you just want Bill to grab a massive amount of rebounds at the SF position, penalties be damned. (Please don't tell my mother that I wrote damned.) You can tell me if i'm wrong.
HAHA! I like your eval of my team. Howard sucked for you?
Wow! Last time I had him I went to the finals. I lost. Still it was
fun. Doing a good job with the evals.
5/24/2018 5:44 PM
milest- Moses Malone, David Robinson, Brent Barry, Kirk Hinrich: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? TRADING AWAY A BUNCH OF MAGIC BEANS JUST SO YOU COULD HAVE ANOTHER GIANT? Hey wait a second, this looks pretty good. Seriously, I like what you and cjok1051 did and it will be interesting to see which team is better. It's a good plan, just draft a couple of Hall of Fame centers and surround them with a bunch of white guys with names like Brent and Kirk. What's not to like?

UPDATE: First of all, let me congratulate you on continuing your plan of surrounding your two HOF centers with the guys with the generic white guy names like Brent, Kirk, Ryan and Boban. Weatherspoon is a good fit for this team. You will score points. (Of course, we will all score points, you will score a lot of points.) Good defense, good rebounding, adequate passing.....this team is a real threat to win this league. Great job!
6/7/2018 1:02 PM (edited)
mikee1- Kevin Durant, Elton Brand, Andre Drummond, Kyle Lowry, Andrew Bogut: I like KD, but it seems to me that he never performs in the SIM the way that he should. I walked through snow once to eat at his restaurant. Good chicken. Cold snow. I like Elton Brand, but I would prefer to play him at SF. Maybe you're going to play KD at SG. Maybe Brand can play defense at C and rebound at SF. Maybe Andre Drummond won't cost you a game by going 0 for 7 from the FT line. Maybe Bogut and Drummond can have free throw contests at practice. Maybe KD can bring chicken for everyone! It's too early to tell with this team. I think you need more bigs, more guards and more chicken.

UPDATE: If this was a real team the other team could go small and run this team off the court. With a combination of KD and offensive rebounding from the other guys you should score a lot of points. You have terrific offensive rebounding and good defensive rebounding and iffy passing, although I think you have just enough passing to get by. Most of your guys can play defense. I think it's a strange mix of players, but as long as the sim doesn't hate on KD too much I think it will work.
6/7/2018 1:36 PM (edited)
maglor1- Dennis Rodman, Anfernee Hardaway, Jerry Lucas, Bob Lanier, Jerry West: You have a guy with pick hair, a Penny, a living logo, a guy who can memorize a phone book, and a lot of rebounds. You don't seem to have a lot of guys with good eFG%. You don't seem to have a lot of guys who can shoot 3s. It will be interesting to see who you add to this team. I have also found out today that I apparently can't type the word interesting.

UPDATE: I know that having Dennis Rodman on your team is a good thing, but I wonder, can you win this league with him as your first pick? I just checked back to season XXVII and apparently the answer is no. So if you take a defensive rebounder as your first pick you really need a super scoring guy as your second pick. Penny Hardaway. Okay, he's a good player, but he is your top scoring threat. Lanier and West are your next two scoring threats and both of them are below average eFG% for this league. (At least I think they are both below average, am I supposed to check the facts?) It sounds like I'm being mean. Sorry. Anyhow, on the positive side your rebounding is good, most of your guys play defense, and while you don't have one great scoring threat, you also don't have anyone who just can't shoot at all, so maybe that will balance out. Your team should be competitive, (is that like calling someone a nice guy) but until someone actually wins this league taking Rodman first I don't think it's a good idea.
6/7/2018 3:14 PM (edited)
copernicus- Rudy Gobert, Bob McAdoo,, Rajon Rondo, Horace Grant, Tracy McGrady: I like Rudy Gobert a lot and pairing him with Bob McAdoo is a really good start. (Notice how I said pairing Gobert with another player, like you pair wine with food? A lot of good wine is French, Rudy Gobert is French. See how clever I am? My mom would be so proud.) You paired Rondo with McGrady in the backcourt, although I don't think either one of them is French. I think McGrady is Irish, but I think they drink more whiskey and less wine in Ireland. I'm pretty sure that green eggs and ham originated in Ireland. I would assume that you are playing Grant at SF and you want him primarily (I spelled primarily just fine, but interesting is a *****, sorry mom.) to rebound and play defense. I don't especially like McGrady's eFG%, but I guess you wanted the usage since you have Gobert (the Frenchman!) and Rondo (the crazy person!) out there with him.

UPDATE: I'm about to write that Bob McAdoo (eFG% - 55.4) is a good scoring threat when I just criticized Anfernee Hardaway as a scoring threat because his eFG% is only 54.9%. What is wrong with me? Of course, Tracy McGrady (35.4 usage and 50.5 eFG%) will be taking shots away from McAdoo and Gobert (eFG% - 66.1) so hooray! Of course, playing McGrady and his 35.4 usage allows him to play Gobert and Grant and Rondo, who are all good players. Did I mention that Gobert is French? The defense is pretty good, but not great, or even good. Having five guys (all of a sudden I'm hungry for a cheeseburger) who can grab defensive rebounds will help the overall defense. Having a bunch of guys who can crash the offensive glass will help for when Tracy McGrady has an off night shooting. I want to see Tracy McGrady and Dana Barros on the same team some day. After McGrady retired from basketball he tried to make it as a baseball pitcher. He actually pitched a few times for the Sugarland Skeeters, a minor league baseball team. This team isn't without some minor flaws, but I think they will be fine because that's just what copernicus does.
6/7/2018 4:13 PM (edited)
Wow, I actually wrote the word ***** and WIS actually covered it up with asterisks. I wonder if i wrote out ***** would they replace it with *****?
5/24/2018 6:35 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/24/2018 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Wow, I actually wrote the word ***** and WIS actually covered it up with asterisks. I wonder if i wrote out ***** would they replace it with *****?
Nope
5/24/2018 6:35 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/24/2018 5:13:00 PM (view original):
dh555- Chris Paul, Klay Thompson, Alonzo Mourning, Gerald Wallace, Jrue Holiday: Chris Paul is terrific. Klay Thompson doesn't pass much or rebound well, but he can sure fling up those 3s and play good defense, and I like his pairing with Paul. (But seriously, chocolate milk? CHOCOLATE MILK?) Mourning would be really good if his defensive rebounding was 30%. It is not. I know a lot of people like Wallace for his defense and rebounding, but if you play him at SF and Klay at SG that really isn't super terrific rebounding, especially since the most used Wallace is basically a part time player. I don't know. What do you think? Do you like green eggs and ham? The Jrue Holiday pick seems strange to me because it seems to me you need a lot of rebounding and you took a third guard. "General Eisenhower, the Germans are controlling much of the European continent, what should we do?" "I know! Let's invade Argentina!" You have a well deserved reputation around here for pulling a rabbit out of a hat and making everything work, but at this point you need a really big hat and one hell of a rabbit.
wes unseld will be that rabbit...using his 71-72 season with 11.5/27.4 reb% and 3.3 fp48

still not a very good rebounding team with klay and zo but i think i have just enough...gonna use 09-10 g-wall and his 21% dreb at the 3...im also using the 08-09 beast cp3 and his 13.7% dreb....i think my dreb% should be fine but im waaay too light on oreb% for a team that isnt a dominant shooting team

overall im very happy tho...great defense and a nice inside-out game with klay and zo...cp3 should lead the league in assists

great job on the evals...it always surprises me how long they take to write...i usually end up splitting them up over a few days

5/24/2018 6:50 PM
also....nothing strange about the jrue pick...sometimes its better to pick a top backup in the 5th if you know you can grab your starter in the 6th
5/24/2018 6:52 PM
jcred5- Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Manu Ginobili, Mel Daniels, Nate McMillan: Barkley is what I call a plus/minus player. He does some things really well, like shoot the ball when he's close to the basket, but then he starts jacking up shots from 28 feet out and he doesn't shoot those very well. He is a good rebounder (yay!), but an average defender (boo!). It makes me think that he's a great second round pick that always get picked in the first round. It makes me wonder if you can win this league if he is your first pick. I'm new at this. I don't know. Has anyone won taking him first? Pippen is too confusing for me. Which one do you use? It seems to me that he never put it all together in one season in a WIS type of season. I always solve that problem by not drafting him. Ginobili is a nice piece. Good defense, shoots some 3s, some passing, some rebounding, good usage. I think his hair fell out because he was concerned that Eisenhower wanted to invade Argentina. Mel Daniels is not a bad player for the 4th round. Lots of rebounds. Of course, Rudy Gobert (the Frenchman!) would be a better fit here, but he was long gone. I think you still need another point guard to pair (don't worry, I will stop eventually) with McMillan. I think you could use a big that can play defense. I think I need a drink.

UPDATE: I think you are not going to get out rebounded. The team eFG% isn't great, but with Barkley on your side and winning the possession game I think your offense will be fine. You shouldn't have any usage or passing problems. Except for Pippen, the defense isn't great. Except for Ginobili, there isn't much of a threat from deep. This team will go as far as the rebounding will take it.

SUPER SECRET DOUBLE UPDATE THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY SECRET: Congratulations! At the 48 game mark you are not getting out rebounded. You are, however, getting outscored.
6/29/2018 4:37 PM (edited)
Posted by dh555 on 5/24/2018 6:52:00 PM (view original):
also....nothing strange about the jrue pick...sometimes its better to pick a top backup in the 5th if you know you can grab your starter in the 6th
Yeah, I'm not about to tell you that you don't know what you're doing. Also, there is the whole issue of doing evals in the middle of the draft.
5/24/2018 7:09 PM
beachhouse- John Stockton, Artis Gilmore, Walt Frazier, Joakim Noah, Paul Millsap: I really like what you have going here. Stockton is great! He goes well with Gilmore. (I think Stockton goes well with everyone.) He makes a great backcourt with Clyde. Getting Joakim Noah in the 4th round is a steal. I don't know which Millsap you are planning to use, but I know it will be one of them! It's hard to say much more about this team until I see which Gilmore, which Millsap, etc.

UPDATE: I wrote before that I really liked your team and now you are off to a 2-6 start so I will try to figure out why..........okay, I see it. The other teams are scoring more points than you are. There, that was easy. Your #1 usage guy is Millsap and his eFG% is 50.5% and that's just not good enough in this league for the guy who will be taking the most shots. The defensive ratings are good and the defensive rebounding is good and if your defense isn't good it isn't my fault. There is not much of a threat from Three Point Village. The passing is good, but if you don't go full blown State Farm I'm not sure of 100% is a whole lot better than 80%. When Paul Millsap sits down you are going to have usage problems. This means that when he plays he will be taking and missing too many shots and when he sits the other guys will be taking and missing too many shots. I should recognize usage problems since I am the world leader in screwing up team usage in draft teams. I still like your first four picks, I just think that instead of using that Paul Millsap you would have been better served by taking a more efficient scorer with higher usage, even if you had to sacrifice some defense and rebounding.
6/9/2018 7:46 PM (edited)
not sure if some of these are actually evaluations or just word salad but they're fun!
5/24/2018 7:25 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
DH52 LXI Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.