DH52 LXI Evals Topic

Midge- DeAndre Jordan, Kevin McHale, Margues Johnson, Kevin Johnson, Arvydas Sabonis: I think the last two winners of this league chose DeAndre Jordan with their first pick. Jordan and McHale is a nice combo. Good defense and good shooting and hopefully Jordan's super rebounding makes up for McHale's below par rebounding. Marques Johnson is decent. Not a bad shooter, decent defense, decent rebounding. Decent. Kevin Johnson is a good shooter for a point guard, very cleverly lobs some 3s into the basket, good (not great) passer, and has some nice usage for a team that doesn't have a 6 point usage player. His defense is weak, but hey, it's the 4th round. Some people might say that taking him in the 4th is too high, but you have to take him sometime. Unless you don't. Seriously, I need a drink. I see that you took a back-up big before getting a starting shooting guard. Very clever! (Or very stupid, I don't know.) You really need a guy named Marques McHale to round out your roster.

UPDATE: This is clearly the finest team in the history of simulated basketball. I don't understand why they are not undefeated. I need to finish this later, my granddaughter wants to play Catan.
6/9/2018 8:07 PM (edited)
I just did an eval of my own team. If someone else wants to write one for my team I would be glad to read it.
5/24/2018 7:36 PM
vancem- Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, Clyde Drexler, Mike Conley, Charlie Ward: I think Tim Duncan is really good when you consider that he can usually be drafted late in the first round. This enables someone to pick a really good second banana (hello Kawhi Leonard!) to go with him. It's not so easy to do if you're drafting Dwight or Shaq around 4th or 5th. I don't really understand the Drexler pick. I would have wanted to pick a SF and play Leonard at SG or pick another big to go with Duncan. Conley and Ward are both nice players, but it seems odd to me to pick a back-up point guard instead of a starting C/PF. Maybe you feel confidant that the other guys you want will still be there. Again, I want to say that it's difficult to do a proper evaluation of a team when that team only has 5 of its 12 players. I think you know what you are doing and you will pull it together.

UPDATE: You have good defense, so that's nice. You have an interesting team. You don't have one great offensive player, but you also don't have any bad offensive players. Except for Clifford Ray, you don't have any great rebounders, but you don't have any weak rebounders either. You have plenty of usage and passing and some threes and no weaknesses and it all is coming together very nicely. I didn't understand the Drexler pick when you made it and now I see you are using the good back-up Clyde, so for some reason that makes me feel better.
6/20/2018 3:06 PM (edited)
longtallbrad- Dwyane Wade, Kevin Garnett, Buck Williams Tree Rollins, Larry Sanders: Dwyane Wade is another plus/minus player. Good scorer! Doesn't shoot 3s well. Great defense! Doesn't know how to spell Dwayne. (Okay, I know that wasn't his fault.) Lots of assists! Lots of turnovers! Hooray! Kevin Garnett is another guy that I really like, but I'm not sure you can win with him as your first pick. Of course, Brad took him in the 2nd round. Great pick! I like his defense, his rebounding, his passing, his versatility and he can score! It looks like he will be played at SF, which makes him a beast. You should have bucket fulls of defense and rebounding. You don't have a point guard yet, but with Wade and Garnett it isn't imperative that your point guard is a great passer. Your eFG% isn't great, but i think your team will be fine. (Should that be buckets full of defense and rebounding?)

UPDATE: What worries me about this team is that your two highest usage guys on offense both have an eFG% too close to 50%, they both take most of their shots in the mid-range, and your bigs can't even pass the potatoes, much less a basketball. This leads to shooting percentages less than real life, less scoring and fewer wins. Wait a minute, this isn't my team, why am I worried? There isn't much of a threat from Three Point Junction and the free throw shooting is below average. It sounds like I'm being too negative. Wade plays great defense and Garnett is very versatile! There! I'm done.
6/20/2018 11:32 PM (edited)
Posted by Midge on 5/24/2018 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Midge- DeAndre Jordan, Kevin McHale, Margues Johnson, Kevin Johnson, Arvydas Sabonis: I think the last two winners of this league chose DeAndre Jordan with their first pick. Jordan and McHale is a nice combo. Good defense and good shooting and hopefully Jordan's super rebounding makes up for McHale's below par rebounding. Marques Johnson is decent. Not a bad shooter, decent defense, decent rebounding. Decent. Kevin Johnson is a good shooter for a point guard, very cleverly lobs some 3s into the basket, good (not great) passer, and has some nice usage for a team that doesn't have a 6 point usage player. His defense is weak, but hey, it's the 4th round. Some people might say that taking him in the 4th is too high, but you have to take him sometime. Unless you don't. Seriously, I need a drink. I see that you took a back-up big before getting a starting shooting guard. Very clever! (Or very stupid, I don't know.) You really need a guy named Marques McHale to round out your roster.
I had the exact same first 4 picks in the ODL years ago and made the playoffs. I used the slightly cheaper DeAndre because of $ concerns that you won’t run into in this league. I like Marques at the 3, but I’m not sure if I like him more than Serge or Horace. KJ is one of the better child molesting PGs, if you can hide his defense. This team’s not quite there yet, but you have a lot of options at the spot you’re missing.
5/24/2018 8:22 PM
what did you just say? did I read that correctly?
5/24/2018 8:25 PM
tarheel1991- James Harden, Ben Wallace, Sidney Moncrief, Paul George, Dale Davis: I really want Harden to be a great WIS player, but there are two things which hurt him here. One, of course, is the turnovers. The other thing that hurts him is the free throws. As a Rocket, he lives at the FT line and it's great. Here, unfortunately, he doesn't get to the line as often as he should, which greatly diminishes his value. Ben Wallace is obviously a great defender and rebounder, but it seems to me that in a $52 million league you need more offense in an early 2nd round pick. I like Sidney Moncrief and I wonder why he doesn't get picked more, but it seems to me he would have been there later. Maybe I'm wrong. I think of Paul George as Scottie Pippen lite. He seems to be the same type of player, but not as good. I'm not really thrilled if Paul George is my #2 scoring option. Dale Davis is a decent option as a 5th round power forward. This team needs more of a scoring punch from beyond the arc. Sure, they will shoot a lot of 3s, but they will also miss a lot of 3s. Now that I've said that I see this team shooting 55% from the 3 point line against my team.

UPDATE: Your #1 scoring threat is Harden, and WIS relieves him of much of his value. George is pretty good, but not great. Moncrief is pretty good, but should get to the free throw line a lot and probably won't. You have some good defenders, but I think your passing is weak. The one guy who can really get some assists also makes too many turnovers. It appears to me that you have too much money tied up in a player that WIS isn't kind to and the wrong Wallace.
6/20/2018 11:57 PM (edited)
Posted by bds9992 on 5/24/2018 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I like Serge over Marques.
5/24/2018 8:37 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 5/24/2018 8:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 5/24/2018 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I like Serge over Marques.
not that. child molesting point guard????
5/24/2018 8:38 PM
Wow. Had no idea....and I’m a Suns fan.
5/24/2018 8:39 PM
samuelyork93- Jason KIdd, Hakeem Olajuwon, Serge Ibaka, Alvin Robertson, Vince Carter: It's kind of hard to say too much about this team at this point. Are Jason, Alvin and Vince all going to play guard or is one of them going to be the SF? Are you going to play Ibaka at PF or SF? It seems odd that the great Hakeem Olajuwon can consistently be drafted in the 2nd round, but that's the way it is. The players you have so far play good defense, but need more rebounding. I need to see how you finish your roster before I have a good feeling of how your team will be.

UPDATE: Your best player is Hakeem Olajuwon, who is good, but costs so much it impacts the rest of the team. His eFG% of 52.5%, which is a little low for a #1 scoring threat. The #2 scoring threat is Serge Ibaka, who is not a bad player, but I wouldn't want him to be my #2 scoring threat. The defense and rebounding are both pretty good, but I think the average offense will keep this team from being a title contender.
6/29/2018 3:23 PM (edited)
Was that child molesting before or after he was elected mayor of Sacramento?
5/24/2018 8:42 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/24/2018 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Was that child molesting before or after he was elected mayor of Sacramento?
1996, which is coincidentally his best SIM season
5/24/2018 8:45 PM
bds9992- Magic Johnson, Draymond Green, Patrick Ewing, Robert Parish, Nikola Jokic: So far I like what I see. Lots of passing. Mostly good defense. You can hide Jokic behind Ewing and Parish. You have the flexibility to fit in whatever Magic goes best with the rest of your team. I think there are still good guards available to go with Magic. Your rebounding should be good enough. You might need some more 3s, but you should be able to add that at this point. I will be interested to see how you finish this, I like it so far.

UPDATE: With Magic and Draymond and Jokic on your team, you had a chance to have an outstanding passing team, but you don't. While there are no weak rebounders, the best two rebounders are both part time players. You have some very good defenders, but you also have some holes in your defense. Patrick Ewing is a good player, but if I'm spending almost $10 million on a center I would hope his rebounding would be better. No NBA team ever won the league with Patrick Ewing as their best player. I'm wondering if this league can be won with Patrick Ewing as your best player. My guess would be no.
6/29/2018 3:48 PM (edited)
So the city of Sacrament elected a child molester to be their mayor. I really don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but what does that say about the people of Sacramento?
5/24/2018 8:52 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
DH52 LXI Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.