DH52 LXI Evals Topic

I'm sorry this took so long to get started, I will try to get something out as soon as possible. (Please note that I took the time to write out as soon as possible instead of ASAP.) I've never done this before so let's just agree before I get started that if you don't agree with me I'm wrong. I also plan to write something now and update it later. Cheers.
5/24/2018 3:05 PM
big thirsty - Wilt Chamberlain, Shawn Marion, Terry Porter, Ray Allen, Willis Reed: Wilt is the best player in the SIM, so that's nice. A lot of people seem to have trouble winning with Wilt in draft leagues since you have to wait so long to pick again, but you seem to be heading in a good direction. You have a good inside/outside offense, pretty good defense, enough passing, enough rebounding. I can't really say in or out at this point since this is the first team that I've looked at so far, but I like what you have going. ( I worry that I'm going to like everyone and I will have 32 teams making the playoffs.)

Edit - Yes, I am aware that there are only 24 teams in a league. Yes, I am aware that only 12 of them actually make the playoffs.

UPDATE: First of all, I think it's a huge mistake when you can get Wilt Chamberlain in a draft league and you don't use the 1966-67 season. The defense in the backcourt is a bit weak and can be exploited by some teams. There is another Terry Porter which would have given you better offense and better defense and more three point shooting. I think this team is not bad, it just could have been better.
6/5/2018 6:21 PM (edited)
uptowngbv- Lebron James, Shawn Kemp, Dikembe Mutombo, Terrell Brandon, A.C. Green: LeBron James is the best player not named Wilt in the SIM, so that's nice. What I like is LeBron James and Mutombo's defense and rebounding. I like Kemp's shooting and defense, but I don't like his turnovers and that he often gets into foul trouble which throws a wrench into your rotations. If you are a mechanic and need a wrench that's okay, if you are a basketball coach, not so much. I don't like that Brandon shoots a lot and will be taking shots away from LeBron and Kemp. I also don't like that I'm not sure which seasons you will use and that makes writing evals difficult. I would like to assume that I don't like green eggs and ham, but I don't know for sure since I've never actually eaten it.
UPDATE: The top three scoring threats are LBJ, Kemp and Brandon, and 2 of the 3 are good. I still think that Brandon will be taking shots away from better shooters. As long as 2 of the 3 of James, Brandon and Dragic are in the game the passing will be passable. (Wasn't that clever?) The defense and rebounding are both good, but not great. I would strongly suggest that you give LeBron James the night off whenever you play me. I think there are Mutumbo seasons with better defense, I'm assuming you chose this one for his rebounding. All in all, I think this is a good team.
6/5/2018 6:39 PM (edited)
My name is Sam I am and I like Green Eggs and Ham
5/24/2018 3:36 PM
amerk1180- Steph Curry, Chauncey Billups, Anthony Davis, Emeka Okafor, Kenneth Faried: I like your backcourt, lots of 3s, good passing, and Chauncy can guard either guard position well. Davis is good, but he will probably take some shots away from Curry. It would also be nice if he wasn't so mid range, but you need to take what you can get in the 3rd round. (You can do whatever you want with your other six picks, but in the 3rd round YOU NEED TO TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET!) I'm assuming that Okafor and Faried are there to crash the glass on the offensive end and you haven't yet drafted your starting SF.

UPDATE: Having of ton of three point shooting is great, but the #2 and #3 scoring options are Davis and Billups and they both have below par eFG% for this league. Having Curry is great! It looks like you will have a three guard system with Curry, Billups and Price, and as long as at least two of them are on the court your passing will be okay. If two of them have to sit together because of foul trouble you will have passing issues. You really need to make a lot of threes because your defense has some serious holes in it. Having Curry is great! It looks like you will be starting Ilyasova at SF and his rebounding is nice, but he will be lit up like the 4th of July on defense. The rebounding is good, but I think there will be some games in which the threes aren't falling and things will get ugly. Of course, there will also be games when Curry and company are hot and it will be a lot of fun for you. Having Curry is great!
6/5/2018 7:06 PM (edited)
Posted by Midge on 5/24/2018 3:31:00 PM (view original):
uptowngbv- Lebron James, Shawn Kemp, Dikembe Mutombo, Terrell Brandon, A.C. Green: LeBron James is the best player not named Wilt in the SIM, so that's nice. What I like is LeBron James and Mutombo's defense and rebounding. I like Kemp's shooting and defense, but I don't like his turnovers and that he often gets into foul trouble which throws a wrench into your rotations. If you are a mechanic and need a wrench that's okay, if you are a basketball coach, not so much. I don't like that Brandon shoots a lot and will be taking shots away from LeBron and Kemp. I also don't like that I'm not sure which seasons you will use and that makes writing evals difficult. I would like to assume that I don't like green eggs and ham, but I don't know for sure sine I've never actually eaten it.
Terrell Brandon 95-96 Cavaliers PG 27.6 48.4 38.4 50.7 2.2 10.0 27.2 2.6 0.9
LeBron James 12-13 Heat SF 30.4 60.0 40.4 60.3 4.2 19.1 24.2 2.1 1.4
A.C. Green 88-89 Lakers PF 17.0 53.2 23.9 53.2 11.4 19.0 4.7 1.5 1.2
Shawn Kemp 95-96 SuperSonics PF 26.2 56.1 41.3 56.4 12.5 25.8 8.5 1.6 2.9
Dikembe Mutombo 99-00 Hawks C 13.8 56.4 0.0 56.2 10.6 29.5 4.7 0.4 5.1
5/24/2018 3:49 PM (edited)
sixernuggets- Dwight Howard, Karl-Anthony Towns, Derek Harper, Nick Anderson, Bill Bridges: Dwight Howard is a beast. I took him once and he sucked. Too many turnovers, bad attitude in the locker room, always complaining about the room service menus in the hotels, etc., but for everyone else he is a beast. I like Dwight and KAT together, good offense, good rebounding, and you can hide KAT's defense behind Dwight. Derek Harper is a good fit for this team and you're off to a good start unless you do something goofy like pick Nick Anderson with your 4th pick. Ummmmm..... Okay, I understand that you wanted a guy to shoot some 3 balls, but I think there were better players available at that time. (Who were they? Hey, I'm not getting paid to give you draft pick selections, I'm getting paid to write evals! WHAT? I'M NOT GETTING PAID TO WRITE EVALS? WTF?) Sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes. Okay, Bill "Walls and" Bridges, I get the feeling that you just want Bill to grab a massive amount of rebounds at the SF position, penalties be damned. (Please don't tell my mother that I wrote damned.) You can tell me if i'm wrong.

UPDATE: Once again, I am baffled. It seems to me there is a Dwight Howard available who has higher usage and better defense. It seems to me that if someone drafts a player with their first pick they should get the best version of that player. Either way, you're going to crush the glass. Howard and KAT make a solid one, two punch on offense. You are probably going to have some passing difficulties when Derek Harper is on the bench. Your defensive ratings aren't the greatest, hopefully your defensive rebounding will limit other teams to only one shot a lot of the time. I think this team will go as far as Dwight Howard can drag you.
6/6/2018 11:59 AM (edited)
gerryred- Shaquille O'Neal, Bill Walton, Donyell Marshall, Jose Calderon, Dana Barros: I really like your front line, good defense, ram it down your throat scoring, some 3s, great rebounding, good passing from those positions. I really like Jose Calderon, I've lost with him a lot! (Go Midge!) His biggest flaw is his defense, AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO HAVE HIM PLAY THE SHOOTING GUARD POSITION! WTF? (Please also don't tell my mother that I keep writing WTF?) I like Dana Barros and I wonder why he doesn't get drafted more often. Do people think he's a girl? He shoots 46.4% from deep, does it really matter if he's a girl or a guy? Despite your having a matador and a girl in the backcourt (I really don't have a problem with girls, I'm married to one!), I like what you've done so far. It will be interesting to see how you fill out the rest of your roster.

UPDATE: I really like your top six players. I'm not sure that I understand Bob Netolicky. Is he your Mom's older brother and you promised her that you would put Uncle Bob on your team? I'm not sure that you couldn't have split that money in two and used two players to fill Uncle Bob's role. I think you are going to have usage issues when Shaq is on the bench. I think you're going to have rebounding issues when Walton is on the bench. I think you are going to have family issues at Thanksgiving and Christmas if Uncle Bob doesn't play really well for you. I'm not as upbeat about this team as I once was.
6/6/2018 12:17 PM (edited)
pointfwd - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Deron Williams, Tyson Chandler, Kyle Korver, Chris Andersen: Kareem is one of the all time greats and a nice player to have on your team, but I must confess that I like him better as an actor than as a basketball player. Deron is a nice player and Chandler is a great guy to stick next to Roger Murdock. Korver adds 3s and not a whole lot else, but you need 3s. I assume Birdman is a back-up big and you haven't taken your starting SF yet. I notice that several people have taken bench guys before they get all of their starters, including me. I need to see more before I have a good idea of how you are going to do. (Who am I kidding? I have very little idea how anyone is going to do.)

UPDATE: Having 40 minutes of Kareem every game doesn't hurt. Teaming him with Chandler and McDyess should lead to a lot of second chance points. Korver should get some nice, open looks at the three point line. I think Deron Williams is a very nice player. I don't understand why most people seem to think that Penny is better than Deron, when Deron is better at threes and passing and his defense is almost as good. I wouldn't want to start Jason Terry in this league, but he is a good third guard. Being able to add McDyess late as a starting SF was excellent. This is a good team. I think it will perform well.
6/6/2018 12:33 PM (edited)
thomcat- Michael Jordan, Julius Erving, Bill Russell, Mark Price, Chris Webber: It seems to me that you have a lot of usage on your team. There is only one basketball. Jordan is obviously one of the best players ever, but how long has it been since he won this league? Seriously, does anyone know? Bill Russell is also one of the best players ever, but unfortunately, WIS Russell does not compare to real life Russell. I saw him in person once. He was throwing out the first pitch at a Seattle Mariners game. Go figure. I look at your team and see too many chiefs and not enough Indians. (Should I say too many chiefs and not enough Native Americans? That doesn't sound quite right.) This is the kind of team that I look at and say euynaheuma and then they beat my team by 38 points.

UPDATE: Bill Russell will never see the ball unless he grabs a rebound. You need him to grab A LOT of rebounds. It's a good thing he can play a lot. I think opposing teams will be able to pack about eight guys into the "0" zone on defense against you. Chris Webber is a good player, but a guy with less usage and more rebounding might have been a better fit. Your Julius Erving will be taking shots away from Jordan. Taking a slightly cheaper Doc would have allowed Jordan to shoot more and given you more money to spend on the others. They might destroy my team, but I don't see this team winning the league.
6/6/2018 12:52 PM (edited)
twinsfan8791- Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Bobby Jones, Otto Porter, Jeff Hornacek: Okay, here we go, go team, hubba hubba wtf, sorry mom, let's go! Karl Malone is really good, but if you're playing him next to Bobby Jones at center and power forward you have good shooting, good defense, good passing and maybe not quite enough rebounding. Hey! It sounds like something I would do! We'll see if you get get another big who can rebound to play with Karl and Bobby. I don't like Payton's 3 point shooting and FT shooting and usage, but his defense is great and he has a great nickname and he always kills me so what do I know? Otto Porter can shoot really well, but he doesn't shoot enough when you pair it with his below par defense. He needs to improve his defense or increase his usage. Go tell him I said that. I'll wait. Okay, thank you. I like Jeff Hornacek and I wonder why he doesn't get drafted more. I suppose people value defense more than offense at that position, which is funny because he plays SHOOTING GUARD. I will be interested in seeing how this team does. I'm afraid it will be lacking in defense and rebounding, but who knows?

UPDATE: Karl Malone is terrific. Having Gary Payton and his 50.2 eFG% is not as terrific. You also do not have a stud defensive rebounder. I've had teams with better defensive rebounding than this get killed on the boards. You have some outstanding defenders, and having Payton and some Otto Porter at guard will help the defensive rebounding. I think your team is going to struggle whenever Malone is sitting down. Your team has some nice pieces, but I think spending over $9 million on a guy who doesn't shoot well could come back to haunt you.
6/6/2018 1:17 PM (edited)
dh555- Chris Paul, Klay Thompson, Alonzo Mourning, Gerald Wallace, Jrue Holiday: Chris Paul is terrific. Klay Thompson doesn't pass much or rebound well, but he can sure fling up those 3s and play good defense, and I like his pairing with Paul. (But seriously, chocolate milk? CHOCOLATE MILK?) Mourning would be really good if his defensive rebounding was 30%. It is not. I know a lot of people like Wallace for his defense and rebounding, but if you play him at SF and Klay at SG that really isn't super terrific rebounding, especially since the most used Wallace is basically a part time player. I don't know. What do you think? Do you like green eggs and ham? The Jrue Holiday pick seems strange to me because it seems to me you need a lot of rebounding and you took a third guard. "General Eisenhower, the Germans are controlling much of the European continent, what should we do?" "I know! Let's invade Argentina!" You have a well deserved reputation around here for pulling a rabbit out of a hat and making everything work, but at this point you need a really big hat and one hell of a rabbit.

UPDATE: Mourning and Unseld make a nice combination with Alonzo scoring and playing defense and Wes rebounding and eating donuts. Thompson and Paul are also very good together, but I wonder why you didn't use the 2014-15 Paul, which would have given you more three point shooting, better spacing, and more money to buy donuts for Wes Unseld. Wallace is solid at SF and Holiday is a good third guard. I think this team's success rides on Klay's shooting, when he is raining in threes they will be tough to beat, but if he has a cold shooting hand it will be another story.
6/6/2018 2:02 PM (edited)
I should really think twice about trying to win this league, this is taking forever.
5/24/2018 5:15 PM
but these are fun - keep up the good work
5/24/2018 5:20 PM
Chocolate milk is horrible for you. It’s still chocolate, bruh.
5/24/2018 5:23 PM
12345 Next ▸
DH52 LXI Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.