How hard is it to win a NC using Trips formation? Topic

I'm considering switching to the trips formation but I'm a little uneasy because it seems to me that at least 95% of successful coaches run their offense out of the pro-set. I'm curious if the veteran coaches see teams win titles very often when they're not running a pro-set offense.
5/24/2018 4:04 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
But all you need is a 2nd younger rb on the bench . He will grow as well.
I have won NC's and seen them won by many others with every formation there is.
If you get the right personnel for your formations and grow em . Keep winning get max vision.
Implement solid game plans but keep em flexible . Some of the best coaches have this game down pat so even when your team can match his you still do better finding whatever weakness there is and exploit it . You can guarantee the other guy will.(Thinking of you BigPoppa and Jms :)
Hope this helps.
5/24/2018 4:45 PM
As long as you have a strong defense, you can win with any offense
5/24/2018 4:50 PM
I won the D1AA title at Butler in Camp using trips. It was the formation that the previous coach used and it was my first time using it. I liked it so much that I moved to Clemson in D1A and have continued using it.
5/24/2018 5:10 PM
moline7 just won a Camp NC at Temple running trips.
5/25/2018 9:37 AM
Yep, as others have said, Trips can be a great formation. There are pro’s and cons to each formation.

A few Pro’s: 1) you can recruit more WRs.
2). You can play more WRs, getting them more WE bonuses
3). Despite looking like a pass formation, you can run well. Can definitely be a balanced attack

A few Cons:
1) your roster won’t be as balanced as pro/I forms in terms of RBs and WRs. Sometimes that’s tough on recruiting.
2) Only able to play 1 RB at a time

i really feel like all the formations can win NCs. I’ve won with everything but Shotgun so far. But I’ve seen several coaches win them with the Gun.
5/26/2018 11:23 AM
Ive won 4 or 5 with the Gun and have seen many others do it. Let me tell you that despite having no rb you can often run real well with the Shotgun. All WR can run outside and the QB can do either inside or out. If you stagger the seasons of WR recruiting they will grow nicely. And the running attributes are pretty much the same you are growing on the WR's; Elus and Spd.
Meanwhile the D's against you are almost all set to defending the pass.
5/26/2018 12:27 PM
How hard is it to win a NC using Trips formation? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.