Please take a moment during your busy lives this weekend to reach out to a veteran and thank them for their Volunteer service. If you know someone who was drafted and served, thank them for honoring the call of their country. If you are a veteran, please accept my humble thanks for serving to protect my family and myself.

We are each blessed to live in a country like the US despite its many challenges and problems.

May you eat ten hot dogs and drink 20 beers this holiday weekend.

Cheers to the GD community!
5/26/2018 8:06 AM
This is a pet peeve, so please understand that I'm not attacking your post, holdaway.

Memorial Day was not designed to be "thank a Veteran day." We have another holiday in November, Veteran's Day, that celebrates all those who served in the military. We should thank our veterans and active-duty personnel every day, IMO.

Memorial Day was designed to remember all of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, giving their lives in service to the country.
5/26/2018 12:49 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 5/26/2018 12:49:00 PM (view original):
This is a pet peeve, so please understand that I'm not attacking your post, holdaway.

Memorial Day was not designed to be "thank a Veteran day." We have another holiday in November, Veteran's Day, that celebrates all those who served in the military. We should thank our veterans and active-duty personnel every day, IMO.

Memorial Day was designed to remember all of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, giving their lives in service to the country.
5/26/2018 1:37 PM
Oh I am not offended and I agree BUT, thank them anyway. I understand your point completely. Most people would not take the time to place a wreath. I am going for the next best thing.

Memorial Day speaks for itself. So does my request. Cheers!
5/26/2018 2:20 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 5/26/2018 12:49:00 PM (view original):

Because freedom isn't free. God Bless all who didn't return.
5/27/2018 3:00 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.