Punishment for cheating Topic

I got caught for the booster girfts.

In the email that I received from the NCAA (WCAA?) it said I was on probation and 2 players were suspended for 5 games.

What are the probation penalties?

Thought maybe a bowl ban or loss of bowl money but I got both of those.
5/26/2018 4:10 PM
Never used them myself, but I've only ever seen players get suspended and coach Rep go down. JMO, biggest punishment is Rep dropping. The question would be how does the D- Rep affect recruiting?
5/26/2018 4:26 PM
You cant qualify for post season I'm pretty sure. I think it goes into effect the season after you're caught.
5/26/2018 5:10 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 5/26/2018 4:10:00 PM (view original):

In the email that I received from the NCAA (WCAA?) it said I was on probation and 2 players were suspended for 5 games.

The penalties can't be harsh enough for you. You knowingly and willingly cheated and yet you went on a rampage about third party tools being some unknown advaantage that certain users realize. And now you ask other users whst the impact of your cheating is? You are a clown.
5/26/2018 10:32 PM
heh
5/26/2018 10:34 PM
Posted by gators06 on 5/26/2018 10:32:00 PM (view original):

The penalties can't be harsh enough for you. You knowingly and willingly cheated and yet you went on a rampage about third party tools being some unknown advaantage that certain users realize. And now you ask other users whst the impact of your cheating is? You are a clown.
Booster gifts are not "cheating" in the sense that the game allows for them. They are "illegal" in recruiting, and the game imposes ramifications for getting caught using them. Just like other games penalize you for making "bad" choices.

I completely disagree with chrondon84's position on the yatzr tool as cheating, but to equate the too is an over-reach, IMO.
5/27/2018 2:06 AM
I agree. The Yatzr tool can be open for debate . Because some use it and some don't.
But booster gifts is "part of the game where even though you are cheating, it is the kind of cheating that Everyone has the Same Access to" so no one has an advantage over another coach.
5/27/2018 3:37 AM

This.
5/27/2018 2:54 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 5/27/2018 2:06:00 AM (view original):

Booster gifts are not "cheating" in the sense that the game allows for them. They are "illegal" in recruiting, and the game imposes ramifications for getting caught using them. Just like other games penalize you for making "bad" choices.

I completely disagree with chrondon84's position on the yatzr tool as cheating, but to equate the too is an over-reach, IMO.
Illegal = cheating. He knew it and yet still tried. Don’t make excuses for someone else.
5/27/2018 3:58 PM
a good simulation of college football will include a way to give kids some glory

when you were 18 money girls stars and cars was a pretty good proxy
5/27/2018 4:43 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/27/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):
a good simulation of college football will include a way to give kids some glory

when you were 18 money girls stars and cars was a pretty good proxy
Is it just me or do you forget to take your meds quite often?
5/27/2018 5:34 PM
my meds is highlife and crow

i rarely forget

5/27/2018 6:01 PM
Living the High Life. Nice. I can dig it.
5/27/2018 9:11 PM
Posted by gators06 on 5/27/2018 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 5/27/2018 2:06:00 AM (view original):

Illegal = cheating. He knew it and yet still tried. Don’t make excuses for someone else.
I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm saying you're comparing apples to oranges.

Cheating is doing outside the rules of the game. The GAME, in this case, is GridIron Dynasty. Since the GAME allows for the use of booster gifts, it's obviously not outside the rules of the game.

Inside the game, there are repercussions for using booster gifts and "getting caught". Just like there are repercussions to promising a FR start and not delivering on it. Is promising a FR start that you never intend to deliver on cheating?
5/28/2018 12:17 AM
Mmmmmm high altitude.....that’s where I see myself living in five years.
5/28/2018 12:53 AM
12 Next ▸
Punishment for cheating Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.