How does SPD rating effect my passing game if I have a medium passing attack?

Does speed allow separation within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage or is mainly a factor in deep passes?

My interpretation of ELU is the ability to create separation from the defender. Is this line of thinking off- base? What role does SPD play in creating separation on short to medium routes?

Thanks for any input...
5/27/2018 11:56 AM (edited)
I'm not sure how much speed matters as far as completing medium passes, but it does affect yards after catch.
5/27/2018 1:10 PM
That is kind of my take on it too.
5/27/2018 9:21 PM
1. I suspect SPD plays a part in the determination of Open or Not Open. I do not know this for sure.
2. SPD play no part in the determination of Catch or No Catch.
10a. Yes -- does the receiver make the catch? (Go to 11)
*** Based on the accuracy of the throw (ease of the catch), and the receiver's hands, athleticism, strength, and technique.

3. SPD plays a part in the determination of an immediate tackle or whether the WR runs after catch.
12a. Yes -- receiver tackled.
*** Whether or not the receiver is tackled or the run continues is based on defensive positioning, receiver's speed, elusiveness, athleticism, and strength, and defender speed, athleticism, game instinct, tackling, and technique.

My information comes from the old passing algorithm in the JConte interview from many years past posted at GDReports. I suspect the program is still the same, but do not know this for a fact.

Good luck.

nitros (James)
5/28/2018 11:29 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.