Low WE Recruits Topic

So i signed a player that has a 1 WE. He is a solid sg and should be able to play at the very least a 6th man position all 4 years. But ive never signed a guy that has 1 WE.

What are others thoughts on signing someone like this?
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=4380150

5/31/2018 8:58 AM
Looks like a solid sign to me. Pretty solid base ratings, just don’t expect him to improve at all.
5/31/2018 9:20 AM
Couple thoughts:

1. Don't listen to the people who say he will get worse. There is some really bad advice thrown around about low WE guys.
2. If you don't start him, he's WE will stay super low like (2 or 3). If you do start him for 4 years you can get him to like 5, it doesn't sound like a lot but it kinda is.
3. Expect a net loss in the off season. I highly recommend putting 7 minutes (3 for lp/per) in every category that isn't GREEN. Put as much as is left in the greens. You can see 5ish points of growth if the attribute is green and he has a ton of minutes.
4. His IQ will remain low. Don't expect it to get above a B+ ever.
5/31/2018 9:23 AM
It's funny you made a forum post about him, I made a forum post about the same guy about a week ago.
5/31/2018 9:36 AM
Posted by billscnb on 5/31/2018 9:36:00 AM (view original):
It's funny you made a forum post about him, I made a forum post about the same guy about a week ago.
Yeah i read that one, but didn't realize thats who you were referring to. Im hoping this guy can make some shots for me as my Per has struggled since taking the St Louis Job.
5/31/2018 9:59 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/31/2018 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Couple thoughts:

1. Don't listen to the people who say he will get worse. There is some really bad advice thrown around about low WE guys.
2. If you don't start him, he's WE will stay super low like (2 or 3). If you do start him for 4 years you can get him to like 5, it doesn't sound like a lot but it kinda is.
3. Expect a net loss in the off season. I highly recommend putting 7 minutes (3 for lp/per) in every category that isn't GREEN. Put as much as is left in the greens. You can see 5ish points of growth if the attribute is green and he has a ton of minutes.
4. His IQ will remain low. Don't expect it to get above a B+ ever.
I agree. I think a lot of people have never had low WE guys before so they don't really know how to use them.

One other thing to point out is that starting Stamina is even more important with guys like this. It will always be low and really limit his effectiveness - especially if you're playing Press. You may gain a couple points during the season but you will lose it every offseason.
5/31/2018 4:50 PM
Low WE Recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.