Draft pick waiting to sign Topic

I drafted a player with the 3rd pick in the draft. I knew it would be risky drafting him as he was saying he might play football. I offered this player his asking price to sign and i got the reply of considering playing football. What im asking is, should I offer more money or just wait until I hear from players agent on what to do next?
5/31/2018 11:10 AM
No. Offering more will not help.

He will come back with a follow up response where he decides something like:
A) He may be interested in playing baseball after all , but he's raised his demands slightly
B) He has decided to forgo baseball and wants to focus on football.

If he comes back with A, all that is necessary is to meet that new asking price. He will sign the very next cycle.
If he comes back with B, he likely will not sign. You could keep throwing offers at him, but I don't know if I've even heard of a player changing their minds at that point.
5/31/2018 11:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. I wasnt wanting to throw more money at him if it wasnt necessary
5/31/2018 11:36 AM
That’s all mostly correct, but I wouldn’t say he will never sign. I’ve signed a player after having been turned down four times. I believe there are some owners here who say they will sign for sure if you just keep bothering them enough.

BTW there are also chances the player will sign right away (yes I’ve seen it happen on a “probably won’t sign”), or, in the case of my most recent pick, he can say he’s considering his options and then sign for the original offer anyway.

If he replies to your original offer with “considering it”, it usually takes four to seven real life days for them to get back to you. Changing the offer won’t do anything.

5/31/2018 11:41 AM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 5/31/2018 11:31:00 AM (view original):
No. Offering more will not help.

He will come back with a follow up response where he decides something like:
A) He may be interested in playing baseball after all , but he's raised his demands slightly
B) He has decided to forgo baseball and wants to focus on football.

If he comes back with A, all that is necessary is to meet that new asking price. He will sign the very next cycle.
If he comes back with B, he likely will not sign. You could keep throwing offers at him, but I don't know if I've even heard of a player changing their minds at that point.
I've seen players sign after saying they want to forgo baseball. Here's how:

1) DON'T DELETE THE EMAIL saying, "I want to forgo baseball." There is a link in that email that will be the only way you can recontact the player.
2) Use that link to re-offer the same amount that you originally offered.
3) Wait again for a new response.
4) Repeat until (a) the season is over or (b) you get a different response. If you get the different response, follow that response's instructions.
5/31/2018 11:55 AM
Draft pick waiting to sign Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.