Rule 5 on DL Question Topic

If a Rule 5 pick is on the 60 day DL the whole season will that count as keeping him on the Major League Roster? Or is there a minimum number of games he must be active?
5/31/2018 11:18 PM
That counts.
5/31/2018 11:19 PM
Are you sure? I know in real-life MLB, Rule 5 selections must be on 25-man roster (active) for 90 days to fulfill the draft requirements. Otherwise, their roster restriction carries over to the following season. Maybe that is too complicated for HBD. I dunno. I guess you will find out at the end of the regular season when the Rule 5 icon should disappear from next to the player's name.
6/3/2018 2:35 AM
Posted by drummer_66 on 6/3/2018 2:35:00 AM (view original):
Are you sure? I know in real-life MLB, Rule 5 selections must be on 25-man roster (active) for 90 days to fulfill the draft requirements. Otherwise, their roster restriction carries over to the following season. Maybe that is too complicated for HBD. I dunno. I guess you will find out at the end of the regular season when the Rule 5 icon should disappear from next to the player's name.
I think, not sure, that this is a new rule, started after HBD began. I'm pretty sure that strikeout is correct about how this works in HBD.
6/3/2018 7:47 AM
Thanks
6/4/2018 11:29 PM
Rule 5 on DL Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.