Defensive Replacements Topic

I would like, when Defensive Replacement conditions apply, for a new CF to enter the game, my starting CF to move to 2B, and my starting 2B to move to RF. This hasn't been working as planned. The new CF will come in for the starting CF who moves to 2B. But the starting 2B does not move to RF, he comes out of the game. Each of these players is the only replacement listed at their intended replacement position, and I have checked that all players are eligible for defensive replacement. Any ideas why it would move 1 of the players to a new position, and not both?
6/1/2018 12:14 PM
Something in your settings is stopping your RF from coming out of the game. That's why your 2B doesn't go there.

In Player Settings, make sure "Can Be Substituted For: Defensive Replacement" is checked off for each of the starters, it's on the far right.

In Defensive Replacements, be sure the players you want to come in are at the top of their respective position columns.

6/1/2018 12:47 PM
Check on both.

All players are checked for "Can Be Substituted For: Defensive Replacement", and I only have 1 player at each position in the Defensive Replacement Hierarchy, so not only are they at the top, but they're the only option.
6/1/2018 1:02 PM
Now I’m just guessing.
Does your 2B have RF checked off in his personal position settings? Like I said, sonetthing is keeping your RF from coming out. Maybe your sim coach is seeing him as the only RF on the team.

6/1/2018 1:56 PM
Yes, he does. I thought the same thing, too. So I even removed the RF position from the starting RF, just to see. I'm stumped.

I submitted a ticket on it, which was zero help. They suggested that what I am trying to do is "too complicated". They also suggested that the SIM manager is rejecting my instructions because he thinks the starting RF is better than the starting 2B who I want to replace him with (arguable based on the example box score I submitted, but that RF does not normally start. The normal starting RF is probably not better defensively than me. So it's happening with any RF, not just a particular one) - even though their own KB article 642 says "The manager does not check to see if he's better defensively -- he's relying on your hierarchy that has been set."

I appreciate your brainstorming this, though.
6/1/2018 3:11 PM (edited)
It is too complicated. It shouldn't be, but it is.

Used to be that the sub option would only move guys from the bench into the field and that was the extent of it.

After much complaining, they changed the logic so that it could handle the first step of your move (Subbing in a CF and moving the starting CF to 2B).
That is the limit of what the sim can do unfortunately. You are asking for another step, which the sim simply cannot handle.
6/1/2018 3:11 PM
I don't know. Here's how I have mine set up. Just used it in a game yesterday.

Defensive C replaces starting C.
Defensive CF replaces starting CF.
Backup SS replaces 3B.
Starting 3B moves to RF.
Starting RF moves to 1B.

6/1/2018 3:40 PM
damag, would you be able to link that boxscore? i would like to add it on my ticket. that's no more complicated than what i'm trying to do.
6/1/2018 4:31 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=92443177&tab=box&mode=classic

Top of the 8th. I'm Portland.

6/1/2018 4:40 PM
Do you use a short bench? If so, maybe simlord is keeping a guy there for injury/PH probability.
6/1/2018 6:04 PM
5 hitters on the bench
6/1/2018 7:47 PM
"SimLord" --- love that label...I've had troubles with Managers not doing what I want and I Billy Martin their ***** the next season. I am very Billy Beane-ish about this...I mold the team based on how I want my manager to manage...not his fracking "gut" feeling.
6/2/2018 9:14 AM
I have a defensive replacement scheme for my team in Sand Bricks that has a replacement RF & CF come in, the CF moves to LF, and the LF moves to 1B. Haven't had an issue as of yet and it appears the OP has everything set right, so I see no rhyme.or reason to the problem.
6/2/2018 8:39 PM
Defensive Replacements Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.