I would think you will end up in the middle anyway, Ash.
6/7/2018 4:44 PM
Y'all are missing my point: closer to either end / closer to middle were valid options that appear to no longer be there. Not sure who changed that during their reign over the ODL, but I'm not a fan. I'm not asking anybody to change the rule back, btw. I didn't read the rules, as I assumed that the greatest league on the site would be the same, but come to think of it, some things were changed the last time I played that I didn't like, so I'll just pass on this league & wish you all well.

edit: yeah, just read over them. There's a lottery now? wtf? And a posted pick is NOT final? honor system? lol Good luck, dudes.
6/7/2018 5:07 PM (edited)
Posted by milest on 6/7/2018 9:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 6/6/2018 4:44:00 PM (view original):
waitlist me (closer to 12)
"Owners will now have the option to choose their draft slot (however, "closer to 2-6" or "closer to 19-23" is prohibited. if you want those slots, you must select closer to 1 or closer to 24). This will be done in draft order. So if the owner with the top pick chooses to draft in the 24th spot, the 2nd overall pick can choose any draft spot besides #24. This will continue until all the spots are filled."
I wrote those lines. It looks pretty obvious to me that these are your options:
closer to 1
closer to 7-18
closer to 24

so yes, closer to 12 or 13 should still be an option
6/7/2018 5:01 PM
Ok now I have no idea what the rule is. If someone want closer to middle its not hurting anything though.
6/7/2018 5:22 PM (edited)
"Owners will now have the option to choose their draft slot (however, "closer to 2-6" or "closer to 19-23" is prohibited. if you want those slots, you must select closer to 1 or closer to 24). This will be done in draft order. So if the owner with the top pick chooses to draft in the 24th spot, the 2nd overall pick can choose any draft spot besides #24. This will continue until all the spots are filled."

pretty sure you got this from me in the 52...i took it out because it was stupid and confusing and replaced it with "closer to 1/24/?"

6/7/2018 5:55 PM
Posted by ashamael on 6/7/2018 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Y'all are missing my point: closer to either end / closer to middle were valid options that appear to no longer be there. Not sure who changed that during their reign over the ODL, but I'm not a fan. I'm not asking anybody to change the rule back, btw. I didn't read the rules, as I assumed that the greatest league on the site would be the same, but come to think of it, some things were changed the last time I played that I didn't like, so I'll just pass on this league & wish you all well.

edit: yeah, just read over them. There's a lottery now? wtf? And a posted pick is NOT final? honor system? lol Good luck, dudes.
you can choose closer to whatever...that hasnt changed

whats wrong with a lottery? too easy to tank for wilt

not sure about the posted pick rule change ...i dont remember when that happened but it hardly seems important enough to drop out of the league you used to own

come on ash...lets see if you still got it
6/7/2018 6:01 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/7/2018 5:55:00 PM (view original):

pretty sure you got this from me in the 52...i took it out because it was stupid and confusing and replaced it with "closer to 1/24/?"

The 2-6/19-23 thing was me. The rest was from sly/you
6/7/2018 6:20 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/7/2018 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 6/7/2018 5:07:00 PM (view original):

you can choose closer to whatever...that hasnt changed

whats wrong with a lottery? too easy to tank for wilt

not sure about the posted pick rule change ...i dont remember when that happened but it hardly seems important enough to drop out of the league you used to own

come on ash...lets see if you still got it
You know how to push my buttons. I'm pretty sure I'll get torched, but whatever. Put me in coach... I'm ready... to... see... those... ... 17-18... ... ... rosters... ... ... ... ???
6/7/2018 9:47 PM
the 17-18 roster thing has me worried tho - I'd like to see this thing rolling before the end of summer
6/8/2018 11:42 AM
Posted by copernicus on 6/8/2018 11:42:00 AM (view original):
the 17-18 roster thing has me worried tho - I'd like to see this thing rolling before the end of summer
with redbooda & ashamael we're still 3 short.
which happens first
fill the league
or
17-18 players release

I'd say fill the league

6/8/2018 11:51 AM
Posted by copernicus on 6/8/2018 11:42:00 AM (view original):
with redbooda & ashamael we're still 3 short.
which happens first?
fill the league (willing owners)
or
17-18 players release (Seble)

Seble gets it done first
which makes me a pretty sad pessimist

6/8/2018 12:00 PM (edited)
meanwhile:

Received a ticket saying roster for last year's season won't be updated until late summer because of heavy workload and limited resources.
5/20/2018 4:24 PM Customer Support
Unfortunately, we've had to temporarily suspend the process to import 2017 teams. We're in the process of switching data providers, and our import has to wait for that to happen. At this point, I don't have a specific time frame for when that might be done. I apologize for any inconvenience.
5/20/2018 7:59 PM coach4fu
I know you don't have a specific time frame, but would mid summer be possible?
5/21/2018 11:31 AM Customer Support
It's possible, but late summer is more likely.
5/22/2018 6:59 PM coach4fu
Thanks for the answer. It's obvious to me but if takes 6 months to update a season's worth of rosters, then this site is slowly (or quickly depending on point of view) dying. My league of 350 users will move and utilize another option for our league. NCAA Game Simulator isn't as pretty a package, but their price, daily stat updates and customer service makes for an easy decision for my simulation league. Farewell Whatifsports.
5/23/2018 10:25 AM Customer Support
I'm sorry to hear that you plan to leave. We're doing the best we can given a heavy workload and limited resources.
6/8/2018 12:36 PM
^ well in that case we should start the next ODL and plan on using the new player seasons for next time.
6/8/2018 12:49 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/8/2018 12:37:00 PM (view original):
meanwhile:

Received a ticket saying roster for last year's season won't be updated until late summer because of heavy workload and limited resources.
5/20/2018 4:24 PM Customer Support
Unfortunately, we've had to temporarily suspend the process to import 2017 teams. We're in the process of switching data providers, and our import has to wait for that to happen. At this point, I don't have a specific time frame for when that might be done. I apologize for any inconvenience.
5/20/2018 7:59 PM coach4fu
I know you don't have a specific time frame, but would mid summer be possible?
5/21/2018 11:31 AM Customer Support
It's possible, but late summer is more likely.
5/22/2018 6:59 PM coach4fu
Thanks for the answer. It's obvious to me but if takes 6 months to update a season's worth of rosters, then this site is slowly (or quickly depending on point of view) dying. My league of 350 users will move and utilize another option for our league. NCAA Game Simulator isn't as pretty a package, but their price, daily stat updates and customer service makes for an easy decision for my simulation league. Farewell Whatifsports.
5/23/2018 10:25 AM Customer Support
I'm sorry to hear that you plan to leave. We're doing the best we can given a heavy workload and limited resources.
Usually I side with development staff... but considering it took me less than an hour to write my screen scrapers to collect seasons from both BBR and here, that seems like a lot of lead time. I would have assumed BBR is their source which would make it theoretically super quick turnaround.

However, as theirs is a profit model, it is probably a licensing issue in which case I totally understand.
6/8/2018 5:51 PM
how long would it take you to change every Bill Russell season to 100? 3 minutes? less?
6/8/2018 7:37 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.