Not running the correct gameplan Topic

Anyone else having issues with this? I'm having trouble with the Stagg team on both offense AND defense. I've checked about 5-6 times to make sure it's done correctly on my part, it says it is on the play by play...but still not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

For example, I have 100% blitz on a certain down/distance against pro...and yet, 0 blitzes.

On offense, it is just picking up the wrong playbook (according to the play by play warning). On my run the clock with a lead offense, it is not picking up the correct playbook. Pretty frustrating considering I am in the NC and it's still happening.
6/7/2018 1:26 PM
Give it to customer service.
This will be the true test of CS.
Not if or when they create updates. I don't give a $hit about them.
But get the game As Is running correctly, or why play . There are other sims out there and Lordy, dare I say it ? There are actually other ways to pass the time .
6/7/2018 1:30 PM
As far as the blitzing goes, if you have 100% blitz called for in the playbook, you need to make sure you have a defender assigned in your formation to do the blitzing. Make sure in your formation that you have a LB and/or DB assigned to blitz, and totaling 100%.
6/7/2018 1:44 PM
And double check your down and distances. I just had this happen in a game and i had to dig to find it, looked a couple of times, but it was my wrong input in the gameplan. But otherwise, if it is doing the wrong things that really sucks and definitely send it off to CS to get it corrected. Those things shouldn't be happening at this stage of the game sim. And really sucks that it is happening in the NT game!! GL
6/7/2018 2:01 PM
I would guess going to CS wouldn't be productive. If I had an issue with the playbook I would go to the three of you before going to CS. Without a doubt you guys would know the mechanics better.

If it was anyone else asking this question I would give them my common answer. Whenever I have a playbook issue, every single time it's been my fault. Something I missed. BP knows what he's doing though, so maybe there is a bug.
6/7/2018 2:05 PM
Yep, double checked that I had a blitzer on my formation. Sure enough, blitzing SS 100% in this formation.

I run this specific defensive formation almost every single game against humans. Never had (or at least noticed) a problem. And I blitz out of it frequently.

Doubke checked the down/distance/formation. And in the first half I only ran one playbook defensively (nothing activated in the optionals either). On the PBP it says I’m running the correct gameplan on defense.

On offense, in my last game, it picked up the wrong playbook in the wrong situation.

So two different issues going on.
6/7/2018 2:10 PM
In addition, I’ve had an ongoing problem with where I want my redzone to start, and where on offense I can select a yard line when backed up in my own end zone. It always resets to the 1 or the 3. I put it back on 8, and it keeps resetting. Also, my defensive redzone resets to 1 ALL the time. I put it at 15 or 20, save it, and it bumps back to the 1.
6/7/2018 2:13 PM
Change your password. Could be since your team is in D2, mojolad hacked your account.
6/7/2018 2:15 PM
If you would break down specifically the down and distance you blitz on plus the formations and all the rest of your defensive playbook for your Long Island team in Rockne I would be happy to assist you in this issue.
6/7/2018 2:16 PM
Posted by bigpoppa85 on 6/7/2018 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Anyone else having issues with this? I'm having trouble with the Stagg team on both offense AND defense. I've checked about 5-6 times to make sure it's done correctly on my part, it says it is on the play by play...but still not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

For example, I have 100% blitz on a certain down/distance against pro...and yet, 0 blitzes.

On offense, it is just picking up the wrong playbook (according to the play by play warning). On my run the clock with a lead offense, it is not picking up the correct playbook. Pretty frustrating considering I am in the NC and it's still happening.
If this is a bug, then it is a new new bug. I am assuming you are trying to use your SS as a run blitzer on short yardage situations like you have been doing on your Bowie State team. Consequently, I checked the pbp in your game against Cheney and everything looked good.
6/7/2018 2:36 PM
Posted by buyvergecoin on 6/7/2018 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bigpoppa85 on 6/7/2018 1:27:00 PM (view original):

If this is a bug, then it is a new new bug. I am assuming you are trying to use your SS as a run blitzer on short yardage situations like you have been doing on your Bowie State team. Consequently, I checked the pbp in your game against Cheney and everything looked good.
That’s exactly right. I don’t do it all the time, but I definitely tried it this game. I haven’t looked at pbp of second half yet. I did switch the formation at half, but continued to blitz.
6/7/2018 2:40 PM
if you're using a microsoft browser, try google chrome
6/7/2018 10:16 PM
Could it be a playbook from one of your other teams? I've had issues in the past where a team in one World ran the O/D from my team in a different World.
6/8/2018 12:27 AM
Posted by jwzewilliams on 6/8/2018 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Could it be a playbook from one of your other teams? I've had issues in the past where a team in one World ran the O/D from my team in a different World.
Possibly? i had it labeled “STAGG”, and on the pbp, it said STAGG was being used. But it is possible that it was running a different playbook than what was listed on pbp. I don’t normally blitz in this specific down/distance/formation, but wanted to today. And that’s what caught my attention.
6/8/2018 1:09 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 6/7/2018 10:16:00 PM (view original):
if you're using a microsoft browser, try google chrome
I’ll give it a shot. I use it a lot from my iPhone through safari
6/8/2018 1:10 AM
12 Next ▸
Not running the correct gameplan Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.