Replacement Owner - Next Season's Budget Topic

Does a replacement owner get the option to start working his budget next season from a baseline of 10's across the board, or does he have to work from this year's budget?
6/7/2018 3:07 PM
Recently, not sure when, they allow owners to start from either:

A) baseline of 10s across the board

OR

B) last season's budget.
6/7/2018 3:19 PM
I'm not sure a replacement owner has that luxury. I'm pretty sure they have to use the previous owners budget.
6/7/2018 3:51 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/7/2018 3:51:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure a replacement owner has that luxury. I'm pretty sure they have to use the previous owners budget.
I think you are probably correct about this. I wasn't thinking about the guy who took over mid season.
6/7/2018 4:06 PM
Thanks. That's what I was assuming, but wasn't sure.
6/7/2018 4:22 PM
Yeah, easy fix though. Just drop the team and come back in at roll over correct?

Now that I think about it, that would be a pretty easy way to game the system. All in one year, back up to $10M budgets ($14M really) the next.
6/7/2018 5:33 PM (edited)
If the same owner takes the same team after removing himself from the world it does not affect his budgeting options.
Owners must do this if they are looking to change ballparks.
6/7/2018 5:54 PM
You still have a choice to start over or use the previous owner's budget. However, when you choose to use the previous owner's budget, you get a combination of ranges. For example, if the previous owner had $16 million in training, you could bump it to $20 million or down to $10 million. If he also had $16 million in High School Scouting, you could move this down to $10 million (what you start out with if you started from scratch) or up to $20 million. So, you get a range for each category.

However, if you choose the previous owner's budget, you cannot move the base of $10 million to $14 million. For example, if the previous owner had $0 in college scouting, you could not move it to $14, the highest you can go is $10 (base).

This is kind of nice because most owners have high medical and training budgets and you can hit max quicker if that is your goal. However, if you take over a team that has super high or super low in a scouting budget that you do not want or you do want, then you are kind of behind because you can't jump it to $14 in that first year.
6/7/2018 6:24 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 6/7/2018 5:56:00 PM (view original):
If the same owner takes the same team after removing himself from the world it does not affect his budgeting options.
Owners must do this if they are looking to change ballparks.
Just confused about the last part. Are you saying if you move your team you can reset your Budget? I'm interested in switching around my Draft numbers, but I'm not a big fan of taking 5 years to do it.
8/1/2018 12:25 AM
Replacement Owner - Next Season's Budget Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.