If anyone can take the D-1 Nebraska(Phelan) team to either the PIT or NT within the first 4 seasons of taking over the program. Anyone interested in jumping at the challenge? I will offer a free season to anyone that does. Job applications close at 11:59PM EST tonight.
6/10/2018 12:24 PM (edited)
If I start at D3 and work my way up, would you give me free seasons for that?
6/10/2018 2:49 PM
What is the point of this exactly? Is it a tough location due to conference foes? Or lots of humans in the area make it difficult? I didn't look into the reasoning behind this
6/10/2018 6:16 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 6/10/2018 2:49:00 PM (view original):
If I start at D3 and work my way up, would you give me free seasons for that?
Not sure what you're asking. The team will probably already be taken by the time you make it up to D-1, even if nobody claims it this season.
6/10/2018 6:17 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 6/10/2018 6:16:00 PM (view original):
What is the point of this exactly? Is it a tough location due to conference foes? Or lots of humans in the area make it difficult? I didn't look into the reasoning behind this
Sometimes coaches are up to the challenge of taking on a tough team.

All the teams on our side of the conference are taken, with the exception of Nebraska.

Figured giving out a free season would be a fair trade off, this way we don't have to play a bad SIM team twice in one season.
6/10/2018 6:20 PM
Got ya. I understand the challenge part. Good stuff. I was just curious of the reasons why for this one
6/10/2018 6:22 PM
Nebraska is a beast of a location to play from imo...I had them in Naismith for a handful of seasons before I started to cut back on my number of teams and it was work to build that program up. You're bounded by Kansas to the south, Colorado on the west (which is often as close/closer to your in-state recruits than you are...) and Illinois isn't lurking that far to the east. The north is just a wasteland typically. If Creighton is human owned, then it gets even more fun for you. I'm sure there are several other locations in D1 where coaches are boxed into tight positions with high prestige teams on multiple sides, but for non-Hawai'i Big Six locations, it's pretty challenging I'd say.

My biggest advice to anyone playing Nebraska is to check what O/D Kansas is running in your world and make sure you choose something different to at least get some unique preference advantages slanted in your favor.
6/12/2018 2:33 AM
I was all up for the trying, but was turned down for my Longshot bid! Glad to see another Coach was up to the task.
6/12/2018 8:28 AM
There are many D1 teams surrounded... I don't think there are clear cut advantages in D1, it dépends on what is filled. But Florida, Texas, Utah, Colorado and California seem to be the best spots.
6/12/2018 11:22 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.