What should "your" team do Topic

I heard that Kawhi was going to the Suns...
6/16/2018 9:18 PM
stop it
6/16/2018 9:32 PM
That's as possible as anything else being mentioned. Why wouldn't the Spurs want the #1 pick as part of a package? Of course, Suns would be idiots to give-up the #1 pick for a 1-year rental player, when the rest of their roster isn't close to being Playoff level, let alone Championship level.
6/16/2018 10:12 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/16/2018 10:12:00 PM (view original):
That's as possible as anything else being mentioned. Why wouldn't the Spurs want the #1 pick as part of a package? Of course, Suns would be idiots to give-up the #1 pick for a 1-year rental player, when the rest of their roster isn't close to being Playoff level, let alone Championship level.
Stop it.
6/16/2018 10:17 PM
I think the Spurs should get that pick and then do a trade down deal with Atlanta for the 3rd and the 19th and thus land Luka Doncic (who seems totally in their wheel well and is a baller)
6/16/2018 10:21 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/16/2018 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 6/16/2018 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Stop it.
Sorry. My fault. I just can't believe the garbage some of these sports "reporters" run with as "news". Makes no sense at all. Of course, the "regular" reporters do the same thing, so I guess it's just become part of the business - print anything that will get pots/clicks/reads, no matter how ridiculous with seemingly no accountability at all.
6/16/2018 10:34 PM
I was making a joke.
And as someone who has worked in the media for almost 14 years ... no comment.
6/16/2018 10:40 PM
(but it didn't used to be that way. Corporations buying out local news markets in huge chunks has dramatically changed the way local news is done, and it's unfortunate. What used to be a mostly free from bias thing is now something much less pure... something almost unrecognizable... and it's pretty disgusting)
6/16/2018 10:41 PM
Anonymous Media Leader Claims Corruption Rampant Among Piers

How'd I do ash? Twistin' your post into that headline good enough to get hired?
I'm going to go dream of my Pulitzer.
6/16/2018 10:55 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm not really in the content side of things anymore. I am straight technical guy. That said, I see all the **** we put on, and know all of the things we are forced to run by our corporate overlord, so... yeah. My News Director tries to keep our local coverage fair & balanced, at least... we haven't completely thrown the principles of journalism out the window...

...yet.
6/16/2018 11:05 PM
Colin Cowherd often says a story doesn’t leak in sports media unless someone wants it out there. We don’t always agree, but I tend to think he’s right about this. Sometimes the content of the story is bogus, but the story serves some sort of purpose. I often enjoy trying to figure out who benefits from a story.
6/17/2018 1:30 AM
Posted by ashamael on 6/16/2018 11:05:00 PM (view original):
hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm not really in the content side of things anymore. I am straight technical guy. That said, I see all the **** we put on, and know all of the things we are forced to run by our corporate overlord, so... yeah. My News Director tries to keep our local coverage fair & balanced, at least... we haven't completely thrown the principles of journalism out the window...

...yet.
so you dont work for a Sinclair group channel
6/17/2018 12:20 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/17/2018 1:30:00 AM (view original):
Colin Cowherd often says a story doesn’t leak in sports media unless someone wants it out there. We don’t always agree, but I tend to think he’s right about this. Sometimes the content of the story is bogus, but the story serves some sort of purpose. I often enjoy trying to figure out who benefits from a story.
agents often try to leverage negotiations by using other teams interests or suggesting their clients are interested in particular destinations - Lakers get used like this all the time
6/17/2018 12:22 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/17/2018 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/17/2018 1:30:00 AM (view original):
agents often try to leverage negotiations by using other teams interests or suggesting their clients are interested in particular destinations - Lakers get used like this all the time
Always follow the money. Always.
6/17/2018 2:49 PM
Some of this stuff is just crazy though. WTH would the Lakers trade Ball to Cleveland for LBJ when they could just sign him? Isn't Ball one of the guys LBJ wants to play with? This garbage comes from people who do this for a living and are supposed to know what they're talking about - of course, so does our "regular" news.
6/17/2018 5:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...20 Next ▸
What should "your" team do Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.