What should "your" team do Topic

From basketball perspective, I don't see any difference between Lakers and Suns. They are both very young teams with players who are maybe talented, but still unproven (unlike Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, who, even though young, showed they can play at really high level already). Also, both teams would have to be taken to pieces in order to acquire LBJ. Then it would probably be Booker, Jackson and the pick vs Ball, Kuzma and Ingram and I don't see considerable difference there YET.
That said I just don't see LeBron taking his talents to Phoenix, because I see better franchises basketball-wise (like San Antonio, Boston or Philly) and cities which LEBRON IS MORE ATTRACTED to (Cleveland, LA). In no way I want to say Phoenix is a bad city to live in as I've never been there.

You can also put it this way - it would be like leaving your girlfriend (Cleveland) for some random girl (Phoenix), whereas going to LA would be like dating a celebrity if you get what I mean. :)
6/14/2018 4:34 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/14/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/14/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/13/2018 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Wolves.

Dear God find someone dumb enough to take Wiggins off their hands. (Hi, Charlotte, we'll trade Wiggins and Teague for Kemba and whichever bad contract you want, Batum? Sure, have fun with Andrew!)
Resign Belly.
Trade Dieng for a wing - Brooklyn probably, Crabbe or Carroll is fine.
Fire Thibs. He is a cancerous bore, a wretched human who hasn't evolved past 2011. Have him take his binky Rose with him. Then show him a Rubio and Teague comparison.
Call KAT and apologize for Thibs.
Draft a wing.
Pray.

Kemba/Butler/Batum/Belly/KAT can work alright, and if KAT takes that next step.... Then Tyus/Taj/rookie wing/Brooklyn wing off the bench. Not awful.

But they won't fire Thibs or find anyone to take Wiggins so whatever.

Hope KAT goes somewhere that gives him the national credit he deserves.
Any thoughts?
Gotta agree that Wiggins is yet another of those over-hyped "next-superstars" who in reality is an average NBA player. Not sure they find a trade partner for him without taking a horrid contract in return - agree they certainly aren't getting Kemba and Batum.
I like Belly, but I like Dieng too. I think you should be able to sign a FA wing almost as good as anything you'd get back, without giving him up.
Not sure that team "bought in" to Thibs, so see no problem canning him, but for who, at this point?
KAT is already a monster and will probably get better. They better make it further in the Playoffs soon, or he'll be outta there as soon as he can be, with JB right behind him.
Wiggins is so bad. So bad. Nobody is gonna be dumb enough to trade for him.

sigh.

Thibs is awful, too. Great defensive mind who's scheme is predicated on giving up the type of shot every NBA offense tries to get now.
6/14/2018 4:58 PM
Saying that a team that is full of unproven players & just finished with the worst record in the league is full of unproven players is not being disrespectful, and it is a valid basketball reason as to why it seems somewhat farfetched to see Lebron going there whether you want to believe it or not. The Lakers are in the same boat, but they have a couple of things (non-basketball, at least on the court) going for them that makes it seem like it's in the realm of possibility, however likely or unlikely it is. He might end up a Sun. There's a chance. He might end up a Laker. He might end up one of 27 other franchises, or stay a Cav. I have no idea where he'll actually end up.

btw ... @EVERYBODY ... the title of this thread is what *should* your team do ... not what will happen. The Warriors should go after Lebron & convince him to play for pennies on the dollar. That won't happen, but every team *should* go after the best player on the planet. Don't get mad at somebody for saying their team should try it, and don't get mad at somebody when they laugh at you for saying it.
6/14/2018 5:45 PM
Can Oklahoma trade Adams and Roberson for LBJ, is that possible in terms of salary cap? Their salaries almost match (Adams+Roberson=LBJ)...
6/14/2018 5:55 PM
I figured I’d be dismissed, but not with bad interpretations. When people come at me with those, it’s an opportunity to discuss the game.

Next year’s Suns team has one major difference from last year’s Suns team. We have the #1 pick.
6/14/2018 5:58 PM
Well the first post does say realistically what should your team do.
Realistically LeBron isn't joining PG, 3 young bucks, and no bench to have to go through Houston and Golden State to get to finals
6/14/2018 7:25 PM
For what it’s worth, my initial post says we should try to get a meeting and let the chips fall where they may. I never said we’d even get one. I just think it’s a good basketball fit. It’s realistic because it makes sense, not because it’s definitely going to happen.
6/14/2018 7:29 PM
It might make sense to a fanatic of the Suns, but it doesn't make sense from LeBrons POV or any other fans POV. You don't join the worse team from the prior season when you have to go through the top 2 powerhouses in the sport to make it to the finals.
6/14/2018 7:38 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is picking on bds... he thinks that Phoenix has a couple of pieces (Booker, #1 pick) and has the $$$ to afford LeBron and PG13.

Frankly, I would prefer Phoenix over LA for a number of reasons:
- Better golf courses. This is indisputable
- LA is filled with douchebag celebrities. Of course, LBJ is a known celebrity jock-sniffer, so that might steer him more to LA.
- You'd only be living there while the temps are reasonable. You could leave during June/July/Aug.
- Almost literally NO expectations whatsoever. Go 45-37, fight for the #8 seed... if you don't make the playoffs, see #1
- Lower taxes. He could bank his $QUINZILLION$ check in a place with much much lower taxes than CA
- And perhaps the biggest reason - LAVAR BALL. I would never want to go to a team associated with that ******. Honestly, once you get old and grumpy, the last thing you want is a loudmouth mooch/parent/leech barking every single day in your ear.
6/14/2018 7:48 PM
It is no longer the worst team from the previous season. It is a different team now.

i only see one powerhouse in the West right now
6/14/2018 7:49 PM
It's an Abbott and Costello routine by this point.
6/14/2018 8:05 PM
"Simmons and LeBron is not a realistic fit unless Philly trades Simmons for Mitchell, and then Embiid has to stand in the corner like Bosh and Love. I don’t think it makes sense for Simmons, Embiid or LeBron."

nobody puts joel in the corner
6/14/2018 8:32 PM
and lebron and simmons can absolutely play together...we dont play iso ball in philly
6/14/2018 8:34 PM
but ill gladly take kawhi as well if lebron decides to go elsewhere
6/14/2018 8:35 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/14/2018 8:35:00 PM (view original):
but ill gladly take kawhi as well if lebron decides to go elsewhere
I like that fit and is probably better long-term (assuming Kawhi signs long-term).
6/14/2018 10:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...20 Next ▸
What should "your" team do Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.