What should "your" team do Topic

Posted by toddcommish on 6/17/2018 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 6/17/2018 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/17/2018 1:30:00 AM (view original):
Colin Cowherd often says a story doesn’t leak in sports media unless someone wants it out there. We don’t always agree, but I tend to think he’s right about this. Sometimes the content of the story is bogus, but the story serves some sort of purpose. I often enjoy trying to figure out who benefits from a story.
agents often try to leverage negotiations by using other teams interests or suggesting their clients are interested in particular destinations - Lakers get used like this all the time
Always follow the money. Always.
cui bono
6/17/2018 8:40 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/17/2018 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 6/16/2018 11:05:00 PM (view original):
hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm not really in the content side of things anymore. I am straight technical guy. That said, I see all the **** we put on, and know all of the things we are forced to run by our corporate overlord, so... yeah. My News Director tries to keep our local coverage fair & balanced, at least... we haven't completely thrown the principles of journalism out the window...

...yet.
so you dont work for a Sinclair group channel
I do, actually. As I said, our local staff tries to keep things fair & balanced. We are forced to run quite a lot of material from corporate that, well, some might have a different interpretation of what fair & balanced means, but at the end of the day, eating is a hard habit to break. It's real easy to sit and tell people they should quit / completely change their lives and/or start over when it's not you in the situation (not saying you or anybody here ever said that... I've just heard a lot of nasty things said, particularly to people who have literally zero control over anything).
6/18/2018 1:20 AM
Is there a news channel that handles news responsibly? Maybe C-SPAN.
6/18/2018 1:49 AM
local news used to be different. People hear media and automatically think Fox News, CNBC or CNN. Your local stations used to be different. Many still are. But those stations are quickly becoming the exception when they used to be the rule.
6/18/2018 2:43 AM
Posted by ashamael on 6/18/2018 1:20:00 AM (view original):
hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm not really in the content side of things anymore. I am straight technical guy. That said, I see all the **** we put on, and know all of the things we are forced to run by our corporate overlord, so... yeah. My News Director tries to keep our local coverage fair & balanced, at least... we haven't completely thrown the principles of journalism out the window...

...yet.
I do, actually. As I said, our local staff tries to keep things fair & balanced. We are forced to run quite a lot of material from corporate that, well, some might have a different interpretation of what fair & balanced means, but at the end of the day, eating is a hard habit to break. It's real easy to sit and tell people they should quit / completely change their lives and/or start over when it's not you in the situation (not saying you or anybody here ever said that... I've just heard a lot of nasty things said, particularly to people who have literally zero control over anything).
were you guys freaked out when your anchors were forced to read that 'fake news' statement?

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/02/598916366/sinclair-broadcast-group-forces-nearly-200-station-anchors-to-read-same-script
6/18/2018 10:25 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/18/2018 1:49:00 AM (view original):
Is there a news channel that handles news responsibly? Maybe C-SPAN.
NPR? BBC? I think sample broadly, assume biases and seek a median
6/18/2018 10:27 AM
Posted by all3 on 6/17/2018 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Some of this stuff is just crazy though. WTH would the Lakers trade Ball to Cleveland for LBJ when they could just sign him? Isn't Ball one of the guys LBJ wants to play with? This garbage comes from people who do this for a living and are supposed to know what they're talking about - of course, so does our "regular" news.
I think LBJ would like to play with Lonzo, but does he want to deal with Lavar?
My guess is NO.

Also, Pistons:
Run it back, pray no one gets seriously injured (PLEASE REGGIE AND BLAKE), stagger Griffin/Drummond minutes as much as possible
6/18/2018 6:02 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/18/2018 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 6/18/2018 1:20:00 AM (view original):
hahahahahahahahahaha!

...yet.
were you guys freaked out when your anchors were forced to read that 'fake news' statement?

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/02/598916366/sinclair-broadcast-group-forces-nearly-200-station-anchors-to-read-same-script
I can't really express to you in words that accurately paint the picture of the look on the anchors' faces the first time that spot ran on-air. They looked ashamed... embarrassed... angry... and sad all at the same time. Like they lied to their mom about something - something BIG - and were discovered in the lie, and now mom is angry & disappointed and tells you that she'll never trust you again. I... don't know how else to say it. The fallout from it was bad even before the one guy put the video together that went viral. After that, well, it was a shitshow.
6/18/2018 8:05 PM
We are in dark times...
6/18/2018 10:39 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/16/2018 11:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rsp777 on 6/16/2018 11:24:00 AM (view original):
FOLD
I see we have a Nets' fan weighing-in on what their team should do. :-)
They would have been smarter folding than trading for Howard.
6/20/2018 11:08 AM
so Mitch traded Dwight for Timofey and 2 second rounders as a way of gifting Brooklyn some cap space - I feel like there's some irony there somewhere
6/20/2018 5:50 PM
what do the Nets need cap space for? Will any free agent actually want to go there?
6/20/2018 6:44 PM
it's not like Brooklyn is in Wisconsin
6/21/2018 9:44 AM
yeah, I'd rather be in Brooklyn than Wisconsin, but I'd also rather be on the Bucks than the Nets.
6/21/2018 12:12 PM
Howard will be bought out and go to the most appealing destination that shows interest.
6/21/2018 5:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...20 Next ▸
What should "your" team do Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.