I am looking to make the jump in to D1 for the first time at some point and just want an idea of how long I am looking at before I am qualified to do so.

I'm wanting to move up in Knight since I am currently in D2 with what appears to be 3/3 with NT appearances (seasons 117-119) and possibly 3/3 with Conference Regular Season Championships. The one issue I have is that I played this game on two separate occasions in the past and went AWOL which left my teams in hambles. These were back in season 55 and season 14 so quite some time ago.

Basically what I would be looking to know is if the resume for jobs are looked at in 10 season periods where they would be looking at seasons 109-119 or if it looks at the last 10 seasons I coached? If it is the latter, how much will my previous indiscretions haunt me in getting to D1?

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - zeg723 Coach Profile - Knight

Thanks,

Zeg
6/11/2018 3:53 PM
I think you should be able to get D or D+ schools with a low baseline
6/11/2018 9:05 PM
I'm a long shot for 8 D- Schools...

I get that my resume isn't overly impressive, but was hoping to get to D1 this season with 3 straight NT and some NT wins. It's clear that my indiscretions 60 seasons ago are following me, I suppose now the question is does anyone know how long they will?
6/22/2018 10:24 AM
They will use your most recent 10 seasons -- so 14 and 55 are affecting your chances. But I don't think 14 and 55 will be forever death knells. I suspect that if season 120 goes like 117-118-119 have, you will be able to get a D- job.
6/22/2018 4:39 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.