IBA D3 Thread Topic

Funny, I was about to make a final 4 prediction And went back and looked at my prediction from the end of last season and it’s the same teams. Same 4 teams, 1. Mississippi College, 2. Linfield, 3. Muskingum, 4. Texas, Tyler. And same 5 and 6 teams, With Elmira basically tied with Texas, Tyler for 4th/5th, 6. Illinois Wesleyan. But it’s hard to make F4 predictions without seeing a Bracket. Who do you guys Think are the 4 or 5 teams most poised for a deep run?
8/23/2018 12:27 PM
1. Linfield - Got tripped up by a couple road games early in the season, but they seem to have more top-end talent than any other team.
2. Mississippi College - Deserving of the #1 spot based on them taking care of business every game this year. Very close between them and Linfield, but just like Linfield's roster a little more.
3. Palm Beach Atlantic - schedule wasn't exactly grueling, but this seems like a very balanced roster, and oldave always seems to come to play come tourney time. Downfall could be their defense not being as stout as the other teams listed here.
4. Muskingum - Tough to place them at 4, considering their undefeated record, and that they're 1 of the 2 teams to have knocked off Linfield. They very well could be the last team standing this year, but I just see them as being a poor man's Mississippi College.
5. Elimra
6. Texas, Tyler
8/24/2018 12:39 PM
Blackburn is my new pick for the championship. Idk how I didn’t notice them until now. With everyone else moved back one spot.
8/28/2018 12:22 AM
I've been paying close attention to Blackburn ever since they torched me by 31 in an exhibition. I consider them to be on the short list of teams currently outside the top 10 that have the firepower to make a deep run. Them, along with UW Platteville (unfortunately) and Wittenburg.
8/28/2018 12:44 PM
Going to put Elmira, Linfield, Texas Tyler, and Mississippi College as my picks.
8/30/2018 7:33 PM
So who do you all have for way too early NT predictions? I think this is Texas, Tyler's year. Linfield, UWP, and Colorado would be my other three. Robert Bailey of UTT for player of the year, dude is a beast.

I have a feeling this season will see my Elmhurst team take a big hit in qb's dynasty rankings. Gonna be a rough one.
9/16/2018 8:32 PM
Yes, this is Texas, Tyler’s year. Glad I got him into HS. This is the senior year of his first recruiting class. Bailey will be NPOY, I have no doubt about it. Right now, UWP, Colorado and Linfield are very fair to round out the final 4. Right now I think CMHMS is fringe too 25, but luckily our worst guys and guys that need to improve the most, have excellent work ethic. Looks like it’s shaping up to be another down ish year for Iba D3, I think if we improve enough we’ll wedge our way into that final 4 over Colorado (sorry piman)... but if I was betting I’d say Bailey and UTT will bring home the bacon unless a team experienced drastic changes
9/17/2018 9:31 PM
HD, not HS
9/17/2018 9:31 PM
Here’s mine. Good luck to everyone this season!

1. Texas, Tyler - A couple of good wins early on including on the road against Puget Sound by 16. This team is going to be hard to beat.
2. Linfield - Their uptempo press style makes it hard to keep up. To beat the defending NCAA champ you will need a deep roster and some great shooters. Scoring 90 will not always get it done.
3. UW-Platteville - Ovbiously I am a bit biased here but as the preseason number 1, I feel this is justified. Not a lot of great scorers but a good bunch of defenders. Will be a tough out in the tourney.
4. Colorado - C’mon, It’s piman. His tourney results speak for themselves.
5. Randolph Macon - Similar to Bo Ryan’s Wisconsin Badgers, this team is going to slow it down and grind it out. You’re not going to get an easy basket from this team.

Sleeper: Dickinson - Just because. He could be a 12 seed with 14 losses and still make a Final Four.
9/19/2018 3:41 PM (edited)
Texas Tyler should be very good (the favorite) and linfield is always good. We are a year away with only 1 sr and 2 jrs. We'll be very tough for the 2 years after this. The fact we only lost by 1 on the road to the #6 team in the country playing our developmental lineup is encouraging though.
9/19/2018 8:53 PM
Posted by piman314 on 9/19/2018 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Texas Tyler should be very good (the favorite) and linfield is always good. We are a year away with only 1 sr and 2 jrs. We'll be very tough for the 2 years after this. The fact we only lost by 1 on the road to the #6 team in the country playing our developmental lineup is encouraging though.
Shoulda known. The next 2 years after this will be my best in a while also. We’re always peaking at the same time. That’s good news for the conference, I’m glad I know now that your freight train will be back in full force before I get my expectations too high for next season
9/20/2018 6:18 PM
It works that way zemedlin. You get a baller team, lose zero-one games up until the NT, and then you flame out to Dickinson or Linfield. The nemesis teams exist to keep ones ego in check, at which they are alarmingly efficient!
9/20/2018 6:37 PM
Back in full force z? I've made at least the elite 8 9 of the last 10 years (the year I missed was a sweet 16), what kind of expectations do you have of me ;)? yeesh.
9/22/2018 8:06 PM
High hopes pi, very high hopes. If you’re not the stand alone favorite for a national championship it’s a bust of a season. You’ve raised the stakes too high
9/23/2018 9:08 PM
And Dickinson does it again. Smh....
10/20/2018 10:19 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
IBA D3 Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.