IBA D3 Thread Topic

I think it is time we have a D3 thread for random chat. I will get it started with a congrats to Colorado (piman314) on last year's championship!

I do hope that Wisconsin, Platteville can make a tourney run this year but right now my early season Final 4 favorites are:
  1. Elmhurst
  2. Colorado
  3. CMHMS
  4. Linfield
In my mind Elmhurst is the clear favorite this year but lot's to happen between now and the tourney. Best of luck to all!
6/14/2018 2:39 PM (edited)
Wheaton is a clear favorite to miss the nt this season!!!!
6/14/2018 10:39 PM
Thanks for making the thread! I felt great about my chances last season of being even with Colorado as the best in the country and then not being quite as good (this current year), but being good, but I wanted to go all in on one year since my 3 seniors weren’t great anyway. So I redshirted my best senior, James Buteau. In my mind Piman would get his, then I would get mine. But man, I noticed beginning of last season, Elmhurst is something serious!!! I like those rankings a lot, we’re still behind Colorado, and a long way behind Elmhurst. Also in the top 5 could include Occidental, also from our conference. Reynin has the 5 best shooters in our conference, they could outshoot their way out of any game. - Zack
6/15/2018 7:21 AM
Would anyone be interested in doing an IBA D3 tournament pick ‘em challenge this season? If I make it easy enough, I think it could be a ton of fun. The tough part is that the brackets are only available for a day before first round games are played.
6/15/2018 9:16 AM
Haha possibly. I’d pick myself in every CMHMS matchup though
6/15/2018 12:26 PM
I appreciate the shout outs! This senior class I have right now is something special, I am hoping I can do them justice and not screw it up. It wasn't too long ago where I was undefeated going into the NT and lost in the sweet 16, and there are many, many good coaches and teams in D3 Iba so I am by no means taking anything for granted.

All that said I am totally pulling a Pete Rose and betting on myself.

Edited Note: piman's team last year was ridiculous, he handed it to me without any doubt in the result.
6/15/2018 7:00 PM
Wow....I knew George Fox was tough but they are much tougher than I gave them credit for. If I could edit my picks from my first post, they would definitely be in my Final Four prediction. Might even give Elmhurst a run.
6/17/2018 8:31 PM
Wittenberg looks very strong this season. Lots of seniors with a focus on high ATH and DEF. They will not be fun to face in the dance.
6/19/2018 1:42 PM
Wittenburg's defense was very tough last game, they are a very good team. Going to be hard to pick a final four as the pool is pretty deep in quality teams this season, but I had to choose at this point it would be:

1) Elmhurst - gotta pick myself
2) Occidental - that perimeter shooting is frightening and so deep
3) Wittenburg - just a really tough athletic team with a nasty defense
4) Dickinson -mfnmyers team with practically all seniors/juniors? Can't pick against that.

All that said it's shaping up to be a really deep field. Most likely is that I'll draw somebody like Linfield or Elmira in my bracket and get owned.
6/20/2018 11:37 AM
Big props to freesteagle and Illinois Wesleyan for just destroying my teams offense last night and handing Elmhurst their first loss.
6/22/2018 9:38 AM
I have to say I am happy to see a little parity. I was afraid that it was going to be like last season where Colorado ran over everyone.
6/22/2018 4:35 PM
Wittenberg at Wabash tonight for their first match-up of the season. The game is a pick 'em. Wittenberg has the stronger team but Wabash will have home court advantage.
6/26/2018 11:09 AM
I want to go with the home team here but against my better judgement I will pick Wittenberg on the road. They spread the ball around really well and defend the three fairly well. They have not been tested on the road yet but I see them getting their first quality road win here. Best of luck to both teams.
6/26/2018 11:28 AM
I believe Wittenberg will win, in spite of the game being in our gym. They are just too tough defensively, plus loaded with seniors. If we can sneak out a win and get a regular season split then I'll feel fortunate.
6/26/2018 12:34 PM
Wittenberg by 20. Ouch.
6/27/2018 9:10 AM
123456 Next ▸
IBA D3 Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.