IBA D3 Thread Topic

I would definitely add Elmira and Illinois Wesleyan to that list. Those teams are going to be top ten.
7/20/2018 3:52 PM
Posted by FW_Kekionga on 7/20/2018 3:52:00 PM (view original):
I would definitely add Elmira and Illinois Wesleyan to that list. Those teams are going to be top ten.
Agreed
7/20/2018 8:48 PM
How are people feeling about their recruits? I have to say, I’m not terribly ecstatic.
7/27/2018 11:30 AM
Posted by gente002 on 7/27/2018 11:30:00 AM (view original):
How are people feeling about their recruits? I have to say, I’m not terribly ecstatic.
Mine are decent. Weird thing is I ended up filling all three of my open slots with SG's, which was not my intent. Two of them will end up as SF's though, when all is said and done. I'd have been better off with one guard, one SF, and one big, but when you're in D3 you don't any control over which of the decent players will be ignored by D1 & D2 schools. So I am at least happy with the quality of the three players.
7/27/2018 11:57 AM
Has Iba started recruiting yet? I reserved a team but don't see it anywhere.
7/27/2018 9:10 PM
Yeah, we are finishing up phase two tonight. Depending on when you reserved your team you may have missed the new hire date. I really don't know with the update what the schedule is like though now.
7/27/2018 10:27 PM
As for my recruits I am reasonably pleased. I missed out on some good ones by a few cycles, but ended up with some good high potential guys. Should have three of them exceed 700 points by senior year, and the other two are good fits for my O/D sets. Then took a walkon to get more money for next year. The new guys should be enough to get me to 18-20 wins, but I don't think I will be doing anything special next season. Most importantly though, I recruited a 2nd Maria Romano for my team, which is a gold level achievement!
7/27/2018 11:30 PM (edited)
I know we're 5 games in but any predictions, either for your team or final 4 thoughts?
8/5/2018 7:01 PM
I have a mixed bag of emotions for my team (UW Platteville). On one hand, they are young and have a lot of talent. On the other hand, I don’t have any real offensive threats. I can see a Sweet Sixteen out of this team pretty easily but chances after that are slim to none.

As far as my Way To Early Final Four picks go, here is what i see (sorry no commentary; did this on phone).

Mississippi College
Elmira
N. Park
CMHMS
8/6/2018 8:38 AM
Mississippi isn’t this good. We just have a lot of seniors! You know 7, 2 are 5th years. I normally ignore class structure.....maybe I should start paying attention.
8/8/2018 12:37 PM
gente002 jinx? Elmira and North Park both lost immediately after being touted for the Final Four with CMHMS falling the next day. 24-0 combined for those teams before, 2-4 since. Only Mississippi survived gente's vote of confidence. For now.
8/8/2018 4:44 PM
If I could coach the Little Giants I would stay at the D-3 level forever (you feeling me Davis?) But on a more serious note, what makes some of you coaches out there D-3 "lifers"? Just curious. I have always moved up (in other worlds, first time in Iba) after a few seasons.
8/8/2018 6:35 PM
I really enjoy my conference mates. CCIW is full of good, chatty people who don't mind sharing while still being competitive. It's a great place to be, and those guys are what make you want to show up. I've coached in a conf. full of SIMs, and it isn't fun for me. I really enjoy hanging out with friends who are all in the same place. We've all been in the conference long enough now by and large that I can't imagine playing in another division in Iba.
8/8/2018 8:49 PM
Same here. I got hitmonjake in on HD 3 seasons ago, jack19 2 seasons ago and now Jeremy777772 this season, making all of my roommates in on it. I moved up to D1 slowly in Wooden but I always missed D3. I liked it more under 2.0 but I love D3 and D2 and just like D1, even though my team is better there. And wow, thanks for the curse gente002
8/12/2018 2:16 PM
I would’ve never left D3 if it wasn’t to follow trail, my first college roommate who introduced me to HD. He and I have always stayed in the same conferences though, though next season we’re probably moving on to new D1 teams in different conferences since baseline prestige is kinda annoying and makes it harder unless you’re on a team that’s good in real life to have sustained success
8/12/2018 2:18 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
IBA D3 Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.