SP Values Under $6mil Topic

Was wondering if anyone had any go-to SP's or have had repeated success with any under $6 million. The only sub $6mil SP I've used with repeated success is '17 Rube Benton & '08 Bill Burns, but even he only comes in at 179 IP. I know there's plenty of guys out there but they also have lower inning counts and need to be stretched out to make it through the season, so also looking for 180+ IP.
6/15/2018 9:31 AM
Depends on what salary cap you are playing at
6/15/2018 11:45 AM
Open league/$80mil
6/15/2018 3:54 PM
It also depends on what park you're using as home. A few guys I've used successfully are the '68 Bolin (setting his pitch counts at 75/80) and the '26 Pete Alexander (you may not love his .241 OAV#, but he walks few, has a sub .5/HR/9# and an OAV+ 12% over league average). I've seen others have luck with '10 Latos too, although he doesn't seem to do well for me.
6/15/2018 5:09 PM
Search by ERC+, minimum 220IP/162 and by HR/9#, min 6IP per start, there are several that are reliable...at that price range they aren't lights out, but they will keep you in most games.

Search by $/IP, compare with guys that would work in a 2 or 3 man rotation...a few bargains can be found.

We won't get a salary update for awhile, otherwise the gems would be getting a pay raise. Some of them are getting used quite a bit...
6/15/2018 5:43 PM
You can get some additional innings out of most pitchers without significant fatigue. 220 innings will stretch to 240. 40 starts, 6 innings per start. But that depends on pitches per inning, which is affected by several factors. You may get less than you hope for...is a fine line to walk.

And not all 220 inning guys are the same. Some average 7+ innings per start, others less than 5. Do your research...happy hunting.
6/15/2018 5:51 PM
Joe McGinnity
6/16/2018 10:42 AM (edited)
SP Values Under $6mil Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.