Why our country is divided Topic

Posted by all3 on 6/16/2018 10:45:00 PM (view original):
I L - O - V - E how Sanders continually puts the leftist media in it's place. It's a shame so many blind sheep (including our own WIS flock) eat-up whatever garbage of the day they are feed by these lying fools. They will say, do, and especially print anything, about anybody, at any time, just to get 2 seconds of pub themselves. Nice example from earlier this week: “Does @CBSNews know something I don’t about my plans and my future? I was at my daughter’s year-end Kindergarten event and they ran a story about my “plans to leave the WH” without even talking to me. I love my job and am honored to work for @POTUS.”

Yup, that's what qualifies as "reporting" in today's media.

A lot of the news stories these days are biased editorials on both sides.
6/17/2018 9:14 AM
Why should our Country's Leaders tell the media the truth about anything, when all they (both sides) are going to do is pepper it with slants and lies to fit their own (Corporate ownership's) agenda before sharing it with the public. Today's media tries to make and influence the news instead of reporting it, and it truly is becoming one of the larger problems we have. Just think of how things like race relations would improve if the media would quit playing-up both sides. Truth in media laws need upgraded and enforced to help this Country.
6/17/2018 9:52 AM

A Missouri woman who was fired from her waitressing job following a viral racist Snapchat video was also booted from the Air Force Reserve.

Tabitha Duncan, 20, of Jefferson County, “is in the process of being released from her enlistment in the Air Force,” Lt. Col. Chad Gibson said, the Air Force Times reported.

“The video, released days after her enlistment, is intolerable and does not reflect the values of the Air Force,” Gibson said.

Duncan came under fire earlier this week after the viral video showed her and some friends, who were not immediately identified, saying they were going “n----- hunting.”

“So we going n----- hunting today or what?” somebody in the video was heard saying off-camera.

“We’re going n----- hunting,” a different person said.

“You get them n-----s,” Duncan yelled.

Following the video, Duncan was terminated from her waitressing job at the Social Bar & Grill in St. Louis. The restaurant said they fired her after seeing the “vile, disgusting and offensive video.”

Duncan claimed she was intoxicated at the time of the recording and was not racist.

“I was intoxicated. I have black friends, I have black people in my family, I didn’t mean it,” she told the Daily News.

6/17/2018 8:51 PM

The United Methodist Church has joined the fight against Attorney General Jeff Sessions "zero tolerance" policy that forces families to be separated at the border, calling it "antithetical to the teachings of Christ."

"To argue that these policies are consistent with Christian teaching is unsound, a flawed interpretation, and a shocking violation of the spirit of the Gospel," Reverend Susan Henry-Crowe wrote in a statement released on Friday.

Earlier this week, Sessions, a United Methodist himself, defended the policy to faith leaders in a speech in Fort Wayne, Indiana by pointing to several passages from the Bible to justify their actions.

Trending: Colombia Presidential Election Results: Meet Ivan Duque, The Conservative Who Rose To Power

"I do not believe scripture or church history or reason condemns a secular nation state for having reasonable immigration laws," Sessions said to the crowd. He then went on to quote the scripture Romans 13, which he said commanded that people obey the law because God has "ordained the government for his purposes."

The White House also agreed with Sessions and Sarah Huckabee-Sanders said during a press briefing that "it is very Biblical to enforce the law."

The United Methodist Church reminded Sessions that in the teaching of Romans, the chapters surrounding passage 13 are focused on love and hospitality and urge followers to "extend hospitality to strangers."

6/17/2018 8:53 PM

Forget about Donald Trump for a moment.

Imagine a hypothetical man who takes donations from people who think they are giving to a charity for veterans.
The man then uses those donations to settle lawsuits against his businesses and to fund a series of publicity stunts for his own political campaign.

Now imagine that same man also starts a school. Students think they are paying tuition to learn how to start their own businesses. They are told the tuition will go to charity. But instead, the "school" has no license, the "teachers" are just salesmen preying on people's hopes and insecurities, and the "tuition" goes to line the man's pockets.
If this man were some no-name huckster, our response would be very simple: he is a con man with an unbreakable habit of fraudulent behavior, never to be trusted.

This is the proper lens through which to view the lawsuit brought against the Trump Foundation this week.
It is not about any particular improper payment by the "charity." It is about Trump's blatant and persistent practice of lying to people, then taking their money, and acting as if no law or regulation or governmental authority ever applies to him.

The New York attorney general's case packs a strong evidentiary punch. Emails among members of Trump's innermost circle show that the "foundation" was not a separate entity or a proper charity but allegedly just another slush fund from which Trump could pay people for his personal and political benefit.
Trump's publicity stunts during the 2016 Iowa caucuses -- skipping the Republican debate to raise money for his foundation, for example -- were engineered by his presidential campaign. The New York state attorney general's office alleges that Trump's foundation was simply a façade. According to the lawsuit, the foundation's actions appear to have allegedly been in violation not only of New York charities law but also federal tax law governing 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations.
Trump may try to dismiss the airing of this DonateGate as the work of "sleazy New York Democrats," as he tweeted on Thursday, but the tweeter doth protest too much. When career investigators and prosecutors expose his wrongdoing, he always tries to brush it off as partisan.

It is likely only a matter of time before Trump starts personally attacking New York's new attorney general, Barbara Underwood, even though she has spent years as a prosecutor and public servant, including in the federal Justice Department as acting solicitor general.
Instead of following Trump on Twitter, follow the money: Trump settled the Trump University case for $25 million (an extraordinarily high amount, given that the illegal school had grossed about $40 million). That was not the action of a man who could defend his innocence on the merits. Trump has repeatedly denied the fraud claims.
Now, Trump faces not only the New York attorney general but also potentially the IRS and the FEC for potentially serious violations of federal tax and campaign finance laws, respectively. Once again, dedicated prosecutors and judges, many of whom are conservatives and lifelong Republicans, will be called upon to scrutinize Trump's conduct, with the federal tax issues potentially carrying criminal liability. And the New York case may result in a trial well before Trump faces re-election in 2020.

Yet what is most disturbing about this latest scandal is what it confirms about Trump's character.
Nothing is sacred to Trump, except himself. Treasured values, our nation's heroes, and our legal system are just there to be taken advantage of if it means a quick buck or a bump in public approval.
With Trump University, he peddled the American Dream to aspiring entrepreneurs.
With Russia, the indictments seem to indicate that Mueller's investigation is mounting evidence that may prove that Trump's campaign conspired with a foreign power to influence an American election -- one of the greatest fears of the Founding Fathers.
With the Trump Foundation, according to New York's attorney general office, he allegedly exploited veterans as political pawns by taking the charity donations of well-meaning patriots and used them for his own gain.

Trump simply does not seem to believe that laws ever apply to him. He operated Trump University without a license. And the latest lawsuit raises the question of whether he operated the Trump Foundation in total disregard of state and federal law. He thinks he can pardon himself. These data points need to be viewed in totality, rather than in isolation, and the portrait they create is terrifyingly clear.
The last time we found ourselves ruled by a man who fancied himself this far above the law, his name was King George III. Our plight today is not so dire: we still have judges and prosecutors dedicated to the Constitution and the rule of law. We have state governments, if not a functioning Congress. Yet these defenses will be weak if moderates, independents, and Republicans of good conscience do not begin to see Trump for what he is.
6/17/2018 8:58 PM
Geez? Bad day, big guy?
6/18/2018 8:48 AM
Great day! Golf game is as good as it's been in 20 years and I won the big raffle prize!
6/18/2018 9:53 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Minor example: One sided and hateful threads started by dino, who doesn’t see them as one sided and hateful.

This is my issue with the new age liberals. They are self righteous and if you disagreed with them you are labeled as a racist, sexist, bigot or worse.

Netlfix has a new employee policy where people are not allowed to look at one another for more than five seconds in a row for fear of harassment.

Colleges have safe spaces. People are not allowed to assume someone’s gender. They laugh at devout Christian beliefs and mock them (not Muslims and their beliefs though)

They incessantly spew hatred at the President but call you the aforementioned labels if you say the same things about the man who preceded him.

They bash those who support the 2nd amendment stating it’s their right under the first amendment.

And of course they support those who want to burn the US flag or not stand for the anthem. While banning the confederate flag and saying nothing about the Palestinian flag flying at the DNC.

Then they blame everyone else for the country’s problems. I may not like everything our current President says or does but if he angers them I support him 100%.
Seriously, people get so mad at others just for kneeing. It’s like they can’t handle when someone isn’t being PC.
6/18/2018 10:19 AM
All that babble, yet still not 1 single fact or shred of evidence proving anything.
I guess tossing accusations at the Leader of our Country makes it a Great Day for some.
If Repubs had done 1/100th of this crap to Obumble, the "RACIST" cries would have been too much to bear.
6/18/2018 10:21 AM
Posted by The Taint on 6/18/2018 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Great day! Golf game is as good as it's been in 20 years and I won the big raffle prize!
US Open? LOL

Congrats
6/18/2018 11:04 AM
BTW dino is a giant hypocrite. He insults Trump for being a liar with poor character but he is on the naughty list of progressive league owners. Talk about poor character?
6/18/2018 11:05 AM
Your entire point is “I don’t like the president but as long as he ****** off liberals, I’m happy.”

That’s a problem.
6/18/2018 11:49 AM
WTF are you talking about? I'm not at all happy Liberals are ****** off. I think is sad and disruptive. I respect their wanting things they truly believe changed, and whole-heartedly support their right to peacefully and respectfully try to get them changed. I don't at all respect their seeming "need" to continually write and say unproven derogatory garbage about our Country's Leaders, and wouldn't support anyone doing that to whichever Party is in Office. Yet another Liberal "fact" crushed by the truth. At least you're consistent.
6/18/2018 12:01 PM
I’m not talking to you, allretard. I’m referring to cccp saying this:

“I may not like everything our current President says or does but if he angers them I support him 100%.”
6/18/2018 12:27 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/18/2018 10:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Minor example: One sided and hateful threads started by dino, who doesn’t see them as one sided and hateful.

This is my issue with the new age liberals. They are self righteous and if you disagreed with them you are labeled as a racist, sexist, bigot or worse.

Netlfix has a new employee policy where people are not allowed to look at one another for more than five seconds in a row for fear of harassment.

Colleges have safe spaces. People are not allowed to assume someone’s gender. They laugh at devout Christian beliefs and mock them (not Muslims and their beliefs though)

They incessantly spew hatred at the President but call you the aforementioned labels if you say the same things about the man who preceded him.

They bash those who support the 2nd amendment stating it’s their right under the first amendment.

And of course they support those who want to burn the US flag or not stand for the anthem. While banning the confederate flag and saying nothing about the Palestinian flag flying at the DNC.

Then they blame everyone else for the country’s problems. I may not like everything our current President says or does but if he angers them I support him 100%.
Seriously, people get so mad at others just for kneeing. It’s like they can’t handle when someone isn’t being PC.
People get angry. Dogs get mad. It is disrespectful to some because they equate the kneeling to dissing veterans. Rightly or wrongly. We have discussed this 1000000x. You have a terrible memory.
6/18/2018 2:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Why our country is divided Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.