In the situation where a human at a higher division fills his scholarships and leaves a player to be recruited: Does anyone know the threshold for keeping Sims from moving in? I am annoyed that player took a lot of my CV money and then went with the Sims anyway. Jerkee...,
6/17/2018 9:36 AM
I believe you have to be on his considering list. If he is considering sims before the higher division team moves in, then that team fills all schollies without the said player he will go back to the previous sims unless they have filled all their vacancies.
6/17/2018 10:00 AM

I don't understand the wording: First , are you referring to yourself ? Second, if you filled your scholarships, who cares where the guy go's. Actually, I would rather he went to a Sim than to a human rival(if the player is good).
6/17/2018 10:00 AM
No, I’m the bottom feeder picking up leftovers from D1s. I’m pretty sure I’ve come in cold and gotten recruits to switch to me but this time 3 D1 sims came in despite a pretty expensive opening salvo from me. Maybe it’s like onside kicks -who knows?!?
6/17/2018 4:58 PM
Last time, that player might have started as an undecided. Which means he'd go back to undecided unless another coach had put enough money on him. In your previous cases, that coach would have been you, and he thought you were the bee's knees, and signed.

If the player started out considering 1-3 sims, but a D1 coach came along and "knocked off" the three sims, the opening effort from those sims is still there. When the D1 coach gave out all his scholarships, he dropped off the player's list, but the sim(s) effort was still there. You'd have needed to put enough effort in to show up on the list with the sim(s) -- or knock them off, too. Keep in mind if the D1 didn't knock the sims off right away, they'd have put in more effort the longer they were on him, making him more expensive for you to elbow in on.

That's my guess as to what happened given the information above. I don't know exactly how much of your effort landed, though, so maybe there's more here, but to me, that may be it.
6/17/2018 5:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I wish they made it easier to knock off SIMs, especially at D1.

The engine should encourage us to battle one another, not battle the CPU.
6/18/2018 10:00 AM
Posted by flexmagnum on 6/18/2018 10:00:00 AM (view original):
I wish they made it easier to knock off SIMs, especially at D1.

The engine should encourage us to battle one another, not battle the CPU.
Flawed logic Flex. By my count, keeping sims on competitive players forces more of the human coaches to jump on the same undecided's. Ergo, "The engine IS encouraging us to battle one another" by channeling us onto the same "cheaper" players.
6/18/2018 12:19 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.