ODL68 Rosters & general commentary Topic

Posted by copernicus on 6/19/2018 9:36:00 PM (view original):
so...um.... Walt Bellamy?
Wallace Kidd - Jordan Bellamy. Uh hmmmmmmmm
6/20/2018 2:27 PM
no I think it's perfectly reasonable to use a 2nd round pick on a dude who was drafted in the... apparently not drafted at all last time - it's outside of the box thinking
6/20/2018 4:51 PM
Posted by coachcroft on 6/19/2018 2:55:00 PM (view original):

So there were questions (good ones) about D Wades draft position and why it is so high. IMO I've always felt Wade was one of the best "values" in 47M. If you compare him to LeBron & MJ his D is there, his assists are there, steals are there, usg % there and neither LeBron or MJ shoot the 3 particulary well either and Wade actually gets to the line more than 700 times which is more than most LeBron or MJ seasons, all for about 1M less which of course is like gold in 47M. At 47M most teams will have 1 really good pg or sg and the other one mediocre. Wade can cover either position at 100% allowing a weaker defender to guard the mediocre guard. I didn't take him in the first round because you do have to be careful what you put around him. Mostly high efg lower usg kind of guys. By already having DeAndre Jordan I just thought Wade was a perfect fit. If I had taken Bird in the 1st round (which I almost did) then Wade probably doesn't make sense because there goes pretty much all your usage on 2 guys. Clearly the best high usg % guard left in the 2nd round to pair with high efg DeAndre Jordan IMO, but of course what do I know. I'll probably be 20-62.

I changed my mind on D Wade slightly. Kind of regret it now that I didn't give him more thought in the second round, although I would've probably still skipped him because I had already drafted a guard in the 1st round. But in some other scenarios I might draft him in the second in the future leagues if he is still available. All that being said, I would still never draft him in the 1st. :)
6/20/2018 5:09 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/20/2018 4:53:00 PM (view original):
no I think it's perfectly reasonable to use a 2nd round pick on a dude who was drafted in the... apparently not drafted at all last time - it's outside of the box thinking
Add Cheeks and now I have 3 40 mpg players. Now the fun begins
6/20/2018 7:07 PM
Add Cheeks and now I have 3 40 mpg players. Now the fun begins
6/20/2018 7:07 PM
I guess I'm the eval guy...
I'll do full evals once the 6th round starts... I'll probably throw an opinion in here and there beforehand...
as far the the teams with 3 drafted players. I like most of them so far... hopefully mistakes will be made in the later rounds. I've won a champion with CP3 & McAdoo. D-Marsh fits very well with them. Pharrop is a smart owner/drafter. That squad will probably be a title contender. Ben did a great job without a 1st round pick. Mikee1's team looks well built. I have no issue with Steph going #1 in a $47 cap draft. Kemp& Mutombo are nice fits there. Camby & Drummond seem to be a nice combo- especially alongside LeBron. I like Chandler beside Wilt, but I'm not sure about Dr. J there.. I like him, but I need to see which version is used & who else fills the roster. Ncoldguy confused everyone by drafting Walt. It doesn't make much sense.
6/21/2018 10:35 AM (edited)
I suck so bad at this. I have to go outside the box. Following what you pros do doesn’t seem to work for me lol
6/22/2018 11:49 AM
I have to fully admit I was extremely worried about my team after watching several players I had ear marked for my third player all get taken... Then the unbelievable happened.
6/24/2018 2:11 AM
Posted by cjok1051 on 6/24/2018 2:11:00 AM (view original):
I have to fully admit I was extremely worried about my team after watching several players I had ear marked for my third player all get taken... Then the unbelievable happened.
Those three you got are arguably all 1st round picks (Although I would never pick Harden)... It will be interesting to see Kareem and Harden work together and which seasons of those players will you use. :)
6/24/2018 7:53 AM
I debated Harden with my 3rd pick just to see how him and Lebron would do. But decide against it.
6/24/2018 8:48 AM
Posted by patricije on 6/24/2018 7:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cjok1051 on 6/24/2018 2:11:00 AM (view original):
Those three you got are arguably all 1st round picks (Although I would never pick Harden)... It will be interesting to see Kareem and Harden work together and which seasons of those players will you use. :)
I kind of like his 11-12 season as a late round option.
6/24/2018 10:34 AM
My third and fourth round picks were not great. Barkley is awesome but picking him really threw me off my game.
6/24/2018 11:26 AM
Here's my eval: Pharrop is going to win the title. The end
6/24/2018 10:46 PM
Posted by milest on 6/24/2018 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Here's my eval: Pharrop is going to win the title. The end
I am not nearly as confident with my chances....
6/25/2018 5:21 AM
Awesome news: by my calculations, so far I have the second worst team!
6/25/2018 6:15 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
ODL68 Rosters & general commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.