Promise Minutes/Start Question Topic

From what period you don't need to keep the promise with the players you promised start and minutes, is it from Conference Tournament or Postseason Tournament?

If i remember correctly, the rule is 80% of games you must start
6/19/2018 7:57 AM
Every player has a built in threshold for what they are willing/not willing to accept. While 80% is the general rule of thumb I’ve had a guy leave after starting 25/26 regular season games. Promises go through the regular season, however, if you need to play catch up on minutes or starts then the conference tournament can help with that.
6/19/2018 8:51 AM
bump
6/19/2018 4:51 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/19/2018 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Every player has a built in threshold for what they are willing/not willing to accept. While 80% is the general rule of thumb I’ve had a guy leave after starting 25/26 regular season games. Promises go through the regular season, however, if you need to play catch up on minutes or starts then the conference tournament can help with that.
Wow. How long ago was this? Did you get a complaint email? Seems a bit absurd he would leave under that circumstance.
6/19/2018 11:28 PM
It was a log time ago and I don’t remember the circumstances. Conversely at high D1 I’ve promised a guy 20 minutes and a start to preserve carryover (in the old days), he wouldn’t play a single minute all season and he’d stay.

While extremes can happen the majority of the players are content with having 80% of promises met.
6/20/2018 12:14 AM
Promise Minutes/Start Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.