Questions and more questions Topic

I recognize that I ask a lot of questions on here, but I seem to have run into two issues:

(1) the last Dev Chat was in 2014...how accurate is the info/knowledge contained in them?
(2) I try to search the forums - under Gridiron Dynasty - and no matter what I type in, the results are "no results matching your search". I've typed in simple words like FB, OL, etc...have chosen both in subject line and in post. I assume over the years, someone has posted something with the word "FB" and "OL".. The results show up empty.

Any suggestions on searching the forums?
6/23/2018 10:24 AM
Never apologize for asking questions if you are trying to learn something.
You will almost never get helpful info without asking.
6/23/2018 10:28 AM
minimum five characters in the search bar
6/23/2018 12:12 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 6/23/2018 12:14:00 PM (view original):
I literally typed in: OL

I'd love for it to work, but I'm missing something obvious...
6/23/2018 12:25 PM
try "offensive line"

if someone started a thread called simply "OL", which is a text string shorter than five characters, it can't be found unless you know the author's name
6/23/2018 12:35 PM (edited)
No worries Smokey. You learn in two basic ways. By asking and then the long and hard way through experience. That is if one doesn't learn quickly. Keep up the great work. Question help all of us.

All the Best,

Talo
6/23/2018 11:54 PM
Smoke: As Talonino said above, you can either ask or learn the hard way! I learned the hard way my first season and then finally reached out for help. I've never found anyone on here to be rude or condescending. Honestly i've reached out via site mail to some of the best coaches ever in GD and they were extremely helpful. I'd definitely suggest finding some mentors. Good to see some new blood!!!
6/24/2018 8:23 AM
There are many things to learn about this game. I like to think of those things in two categories:

1. General stuff to help you actually play, be more efficient, and be competitive
2. The secret squirrel stuff that individual coaches figure out and may or may not want to share...the stuff that makes you GOOD.

I think most of us want more human coaches in this game....and answering the "general" questions about how to play, without giving up secrets or hard learned lessons, is part of our responsibility to newer coaches. Giving away "trade secrets" is an entirely different thing. So ask as much as you want, if you ever "tread into the forbidden territory", someone will tell you.
6/24/2018 8:45 AM
Posted by SmokePants on 6/23/2018 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 6/23/2018 12:14:00 PM (view original):
I literally typed in: OL

I'd love for it to work, but I'm missing something obvious...
There are two Gridiron Dynasty headings. There is the Gridiron Dynasty MAIN HEADING which doesn't work for searching. Then there is the gridiron dynasty SUBHEADING which is listed down with all the other subheadings. eg critical news, Wilkenson, Leahy etc. You must click on one of the SUBHEADINGS to do an advanced search.

ALSO, a mistake I used to make is make sure you change the "time" to ALLTIME.
6/24/2018 9:21 AM
Questions and more questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.