Ultimate Challenge Topic

Looking at the various D2 worlds it is quite apparent most are dominated by 1-2 or 3 schools and a large percentage by the same coaches. I took a look and over the last 5 seasons for each world just less than 80% of the National Championships are won by the same 12 coaches. That is 41 out of 55. My thought was with so little competition wouldn't it be great to see them square off against each other. The 12 are bigpoppa85, superv97, hoovcats, pete61, realist9900,mojolad, jaylein1, oltjk1,stacey_gregg, jms245, akua29 and gators06. All have been proven to be highly successful. So how can this come about? Looking around Camp D2 would be ideal. There are currently no live bodies in the Northern Sun Conference. Scenario #1 would be each taking a school, then battle it out for say 5 seasons and see who comes out on top. This would mean that pete61 would abandon Hillsdale, but what the heck what does he have to prove there anyway? Scenario #2 if that is not appealing to pete61then maybe someone like fotman take the 12 team and see if any can knock off pete61. Just a thought and who would like to see that? How many of you 12 would be game?
6/24/2018 12:05 PM
Akua I believe is retired from GD. Not sure if it's permanent.
Myself , probably not interested. Just don't have anything to prove to anyone else. I get the big games at end of any season I contend against one or more of those Best Coaches.
I think what you suggest may be more entertaining for others to watch than for me to participate in.
It would also be helpful for other good coaches in other conferences since if all of coaches you mention are in same conference we would in effect be killing our own as many would have lousy records because we would be playing each other while coaches in other conferences wouldn't be facing this stiff competition.
Others may agree or disagree. This is just my opinion.
6/24/2018 7:17 PM
You make good points mojo. Still it would be interesting to see you all in one conference.
6/24/2018 10:12 PM
I like the idea. However, I have had only two teams for many seasons due to time constraints. If a good number of the other coaches want to do it, count me in.
6/24/2018 11:00 PM
I for one would love to watch all of that play out.
6/27/2018 11:41 AM
Ultimate Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.