Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Hey everybody,

I know it's been a while since I posted a real update. Here are a few updates about what's been happening and what's coming up:
  • I was able to import the 2017 NFL players/teams several months ago. I began working on the remaining sports (College Football, College Basketball, NHL, and NBA), but had to pause that work for several reasons. I'm working on switching data providers from the one we used at FOX to the one used by SportsHub. In addition, integration work (more on that below) moved to the top of the priority list. I hope to resume this process by the end of July and will focus on getting these completed as soon as possible.
  • I added a few minor improvements to the site to alleviate some of the CS requests that come in. This type of work helps in multiple ways: a) You'll get issues resolved faster if you can handle them yourselves or if I'm able to build better CS tools, and b) Less time spend on CS is more time working to improve the site. I will continue making these types of changes when I can.
  • I mentioned a while ago plans to hire someone to help me out. I had someone lined up, but unfortunately that fell through, so for now it's still just me. The plan is to resume searching for help soon.

SportsHub Integration

For the past 6 weeks or so I've been working on integrating WIS into the SportsHub user system. This means that you'll soon begin logging in through the SportsHub system. This is a single-sign-on system that's shared among all the SportsHub sites (Fanball, CDM, LeagueSafe, etc.).

Benefits include:
  • You won't have to create a separate account for each SportsHub site that you want to try out.
  • A new site header will appear across this site as well as the other SportsHub sites. It will have a common look with a different theme for each site.
  • Integration opens us up for easy promotion to the entire SportsHub user base. That will expose thousands of new people to WIS.
  • Shortly after this integration, I'll be working to integrate the SportsHub "wallet" with WIS. The wallet allows you to share funds across all the sites. You'll also be able to save your credit card information between transactions for convenience.
Notes:
  • In order to complete this integration, all accounts must have a unique email address linked to them. For any cases where multiple accounts share an email address, all but one of those will be forced to verify with a new email address. That process will begin today or tomorrow.
  • As part of the process, we'll be importing all WIS accounts into the SportsHub system. If your WIS username is already taken in that system, you'll be prompted to pick a new one for the SportsHub system. You will not have to change your WIS username in that case. You would just have different usernames for WIS and SportsHub.
Important: The integration release is planned for July 17th. As part of that process, I'll be pausing games on the site for one day, similar to what was done earlier in the year when we moved server environments. I'm doing it this time to allow time to resolve and login issues that may come up. I want to make sure everyone can access their teams.

I appreciate your ongoing patience and I'll monitor this thread for a while to answer any questions that come up.

Thanks!
7/3/2018 2:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
and live play? Any update on when and if that is gonna happen
7/3/2018 2:57 PM
That’ll be the end of my time with What if Sports. The wisjournal.com url is the only way I can access at work and competitively recruit given the schedules. SportsHub is blocked by the web filter. It was fun while it lasted.
7/3/2018 3:01 PM
I'm not into the integration either...keep things as they are and advertise on SportsHub to bring in new owners rather than lose many long timers here to gain newbies from there using proposed integration. Your a one man show making calls for us all so think that over a bit before committing to change.
7/3/2018 3:13 PM
same here, i cant access from work.
7/3/2018 3:16 PM
I'm sorry that your new hire didn't pan out. I suppose that's the one thing that prevents me from posting something here out of anger. I believe that this site is worth more than the one or two people that have been allocated to maintain and move it forward. That's not a slight towards you, seble, not at all. It's just upsetting to think that I've spent 12 years on a website that really could have blossomed into something wonderful, but instead has been cut off at the knees because of what? Disdain? Mismanagement? Malfeasance?

It has to be worth it though, right? I mean, we're STILL here. We're like cockroaches and this website is the Roach Motel. If it wasn't fun, if it wasn't entertaining, this whole damn thing would have been shut down years ago, right? I'm sorry, I thought I could post sans anger. I sincerely hope the future with SportsHub turns whatifsports.com into what it has always deserved to be.

(And for those complaining that they won't be able to access this site from work...Really? You have the stones to gripe about not being able to get paid to play sim games anymore? )
7/3/2018 3:22 PM (edited)
My big worry is also whether or not SportsHub (whatever that is) is blocked at work. If it is a gambling site, it will be, for sure.
7/3/2018 3:19 PM
I believe the account url will be https://idsrv.fanball.com. There's only so much we can do to avoid employer blocks, so you may have to use your phone in that case.
7/3/2018 3:26 PM
Access from work ?
Can't use your cell phone?
Glad I'm not paying those salaries...
7/3/2018 3:38 PM
Posted by rooskie on 7/3/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I'm not into the integration either...keep things as they are and advertise on SportsHub to bring in new owners rather than lose many long timers here to gain newbies from there using proposed integration. Your a one man show making calls for us all so think that over a bit before committing to change.
To be clear I have no interest in the lack of access at work for myself but access for the guys in my progressives to make a pick which is not "playing at work" as stated in a previous post. These guys have the right to make a pick at work as much as they do to take a **** at work as the pick takes less time and is a personal matter and there is personal time at work, breaks, lunch, etc so don't belittle guys for that little freedom they ask to keep.

My biggest personal reason for not liking integration is that I don't want to be forced to be part of another website. I don't do facebook, instagram, twitter or any of that look at me crap. This is my only internet vice and if it changes and exposes me to more than I'd like to be exposed to it will be much easier to let it go as I don't like change unless it is improving this site for the sake of keeping it up to date and functional, blossoming into what it could be for all and not one man's vision of what he would like it to be or to make it easier for him.

Make an investment in this site or lose many long time owners seems to be the point here.
7/3/2018 3:43 PM
1|2|3...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.