Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

It might be different because I only play HBD, but why do you guys have so many accounts? The only reason I can think of is to scam a couple free seasons from the new account discounts. It seems like managing them all wouldn't be worth what you saved
7/18/2018 9:40 PM
log in process laborious and slow - I'm going to have to go onto the site way less often - concentrate just a couple of visits a day because its a pain.

Feels more like going onto an on line gambling or money transfer site than onto a simple game.
7/18/2018 10:50 PM
The site's homepage announcements say "the SportsHub integration is complete" and "things are going fairly well overall", but they later say that people are having issues getting into their accounts and that they pushed back games for Wednesday and Thursday. So admin seems to be contradicting themselves there.

Personally, I don't think oversized banners, broken links, delayed games, and account problems for customers are signs of things going fairly well. SportsHub should keep that in mind the next time they "complete" an integration.
7/18/2018 11:38 PM
I seem to be one of the few posting here that is actually somewhat interested in the integration and where this goes after. But a 1 day shutdown turned 3 (at least) is not a good thing. Don’t promote it as such.
7/19/2018 12:06 AM
Posted by mexd781 on 7/18/2018 9:40:00 PM (view original):
It might be different because I only play HBD, but why do you guys have so many accounts? The only reason I can think of is to scam a couple free seasons from the new account discounts. It seems like managing them all wouldn't be worth what you saved
I have multiple accounts to have more than one FC Dynasty team. It's a free game and it only allows one team per ID. For me, it has nothing to do with taking advantage of promotional pricing on the games we actually pay for.
7/19/2018 12:18 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/18/2018 10:50:00 PM (view original):
log in process laborious and slow - I'm going to have to go onto the site way less often - concentrate just a couple of visits a day because its a pain.

Feels more like going onto an on line gambling or money transfer site than onto a simple game.
I do hate that the login is by email rather than username...and it does feel like I'm now active on a gambling website...which is not really much to my tastes.
7/19/2018 12:22 AM
About 3 days of shutdown so far ... )-:
7/19/2018 2:30 AM
An annoyance is turning into a debacle by the day
7/19/2018 2:39 AM
This totally sucks, It's obvious that this was not well planned out. Again taking a good game and making it worse. Its more like you really don't care whether you lose people or not. And what upgrades?
7/19/2018 4:53 AM
I will keep an open mind once they get stuff going but the long unplanned break and the tedious login/logout isnt good

It should have been an exciting time for my teams - lost the momentum and dont even recall where we were. Not smart to break user habits.

What was needed - more prep of users with FAQs and alerts - not just one announcement.
7/19/2018 5:46 AM
Yah! When you announce 1 day, which becomes 3 and counting, and you don’t have the courtesy to at least update your users,....you do run the risk of losing your user base!

Shall all we do the autopsy on WIS now!?
7/19/2018 6:00 AM
For GD, we are at 3 days delayed and counting. Might as well make it 7 days, to keep recruiting, season, and postseason on the same schedule as before integration. Then give everyone a free season to make up for the inconvenience.

I can access my teams now. Took a while. I recalled the notice saying we may have/need different IDs for WIS and SportsHub/ Fanball. But while unable to log in, I couldn't refer to the notice. I logged in with my email and password, cleared the bot check, but it told me champ83 user ID was taken. I tried a new user ID champ1983, it took me to a brand new GD account with no teams. They said it should have worked. Then tried a third user ID, it then let me into my champ 83 account.

Sign in is now a pain in the ***.

Not having wisjournal.com may be a dealbreaker. I'm retired now, but it's one of those corporate BS early retirements I chose. I'll be back in the workforce at some point, not looking forward to using a phone to recruit two teams at once, i.e. Dobie/Wilkinson, Camp/Hayes. Phone is slower, screen is smaller, and I can't copy/paste or use a spreadsheet on my laptop. Use my phone now when I have no choice, much prefer using a laptop.
7/19/2018 6:53 AM
OK, first of all, everyone here has the right to express an opinion. This is America (although I'm not sure where SportsHub is based) and this is a Forum so here's my meager two cents worth. Many of the owners here have dropped a lot more money and played many more "seasons" on WiS over the years than I have but not many have been here longer than I have. I played my first SIM Baseball game Nov.13, 2001, almost 18 years ago. Granted I don't post much in the forums but I've been on this site three times a day minimum for almost two decades. I was here BEFORE FOX took over and I have to admit I was concerned about that transaction. I felt FOX was really too big to care much about a tiny little game. Turned out to be a legitimate concern. No updates for YEARS and when there was an update it screwed everything up. It changed too much. I practically had to learn to play the game (talking HBD here) all over again. So now FOX is gone. We should be thankful. Looks to me like a lot of owners posting here either 1) Don't like change in any form. 2) Have no patience. 3) Have no idea how this entire "integration" thingy works. 4) Just enjoy complaining about something. I happen to fall into those first three categories to some extent. Yea, I know one day has turned into three (so far) but like I said, I really don't know everything involved in a project this big (thousands of users) but I'm guessing it is a job I personally wouldn't care much for. (I hate even dealing with social media and putting on eBay auctions for my own micro-business.) So I'm not quitting. I'm not going anywhere else because after that last BIG FOX UPDATE that really pi$$ed me off, I started looking at other similar game sites. Simply NOTHING close to what we already have here. This is home. I will wait patiently for seble to get the work done and get the house in order. Kudos to you sir for even considering such a daunting task. Bye-bye to those who leave for "greener pastures". (Maybe with those people gone I'll participate in the Forums more often because I won't have to scroll through pages of ******** and griping.) I'll wait for the smoke to clear and try to calm the shakes caused by the withdrawal from my HBD addiction. I will hope that once things are running again that we will get a few updates. (Love to see some classic ballparks in HBD). So Moses (seble) has led us out of Egypt (FOX) and now we're wandering around the desert (SportsHub). I won't be building any "golden calves". I'll simply hope for better things to come... and a few improvements.
7/19/2018 7:21 AM
I'm the last person to be apologizing for seble but there are updates on the home page

7/19/2018 7:33 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.