Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Posted by nordawg on 7/3/2018 3:19:00 PM (view original):
My big worry is also whether or not SportsHub (whatever that is) is blocked at work. If it is a gambling site, it will be, for sure.
Y'all need to find an "IT" guy that can flip that switch for you
7/3/2018 5:45 PM
Any chance of winter league for developing Hardball Dynasty players?
7/3/2018 6:03 PM
I reached out to the hiring manager for SportsHub awhile back and sent along my resumé etc, conversed for a few days. Told him I was passionate about HBD and wanted to help any way I could. He never followed up.
7/3/2018 6:07 PM
Posted by r7gordon on 7/3/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nordawg on 7/3/2018 3:19:00 PM (view original):
My big worry is also whether or not SportsHub (whatever that is) is blocked at work. If it is a gambling site, it will be, for sure.
Y'all need to find an "IT" guy that can flip that switch for you
It helps when YOU'RE the "IT guy" and can hardwire a bypass around the server straight to the internet...
7/3/2018 6:41 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 7/3/2018 5:37:00 PM (view original):
You idiots that complain about people accessing at work must have the worst jobs ever. I've never seen anybody do work for 8 hours straight EVER at work in one day. Construction workers get breaks, any government job gets breaks, and getting on this website does not violate any policy. Grow TFU, and don't bash people who can get on at work. Worthless^
Whether or not you can access the web at your place of employment is your employer’s call, not WIS’s. Figure out a solution, or quit. No one cares. Bye.
7/3/2018 6:55 PM
When will we see Dynasty hockey? I've been asking for well over 10 years now.
7/3/2018 6:58 PM
Selbe,

If we do have login issues during the transition period (July 17,) how do we notify you about them? If we can't login, is there going to be a way to let you know we are having issues? Kind of a catch-22. I understand there will be a verification process prior to the 17th but unexpected stuff happens when moving from one platform to another.

Thanks in advance.
7/3/2018 7:30 PM
I would be very disappointed to lose WIS. Please let us know what we can do to keep the site running and even make it better.
7/3/2018 8:00 PM
Posted by zharkins on 7/3/2018 3:01:00 PM (view original):
That’ll be the end of my time with What if Sports. The wisjournal.com url is the only way I can access at work and competitively recruit given the schedules. SportsHub is blocked by the web filter. It was fun while it lasted.
WIS is blocked at my work too. I play/update/review on my phone and ipad. Quit yer bitchin.
7/3/2018 8:17 PM
Two questions Seble:

1) My log-in for WIS and SportsHub (Fanball) are the same. What kind of problem will that create when the integration happens? I play MFL's as well as WIS...so I wish I could just use the same account for both.

2) While remaining professional, can you explain why this transition from Fox to SportsHub has been so glacial, and why only one guy is allowed to do it? I've been here since 2002, although I only started paying for teams in 2008. Even that, I've spent a decade playing SIM baseball and buying teams and I love this site, obviously. But I don't understand why WIS is such a low priority to the company that purchased it last year...and if you'd explain that to us in the best way you can...I think it would go a long way to get some of the naysayers to believe in the change that we haven't really seen yet after it was promised.

BTW...I am not naysaying...and I'm glad you're around here to help the thing still go. But this place cannot, will not, remain viable w/ only one or even two guys running the day to day operations.
7/3/2018 8:25 PM
I trust seble so much that I just turned off all my auto-renewals.
7/3/2018 8:34 PM
Posted by pruman1992 on 7/3/2018 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Access from work ?
Can't use your cell phone?
Glad I'm not paying those salaries...
It's called lunch break. I do get one for 30 minutes. How long do you get?
7/3/2018 8:42 PM
No word on anything resembling a LIVE update. I’m NOT lovin’ it!
7/3/2018 8:43 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 7/3/2018 5:37:00 PM (view original):
You idiots that complain about people accessing at work must have the worst jobs ever. I've never seen anybody do work for 8 hours straight EVER at work in one day. Construction workers get breaks, any government job gets breaks, and getting on this website does not violate any policy. Grow TFU, and don't bash people who can get on at work. Worthless^
I work at a school and the computers have filters. For some reason WIS gets through, but most sports or "fantasy" sites do not.
7/3/2018 8:46 PM
Interesting how many, not all, but many of the concerned users are from the sim league players and not from the dynasty players.

I don't play sim leagues here. Is it because many games simulate each day and checking in often is a requirement for success? In the dynasty games, checking in once in the evening, outside of the recruiting/drafting periods, is more than enough.
7/3/2018 8:51 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.