Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

SEBLE, if you are reading this, at least in Hoops Dynasty, you still have header drop down links that end up behind team links. For example, trying Main>Home actually opens up your Team Profile, which should actually be the link behind the drop-down Main>Home but for some reason they are in front of the drop-downs.

Also, the bell is useless
7/19/2018 7:52 AM
It sure is super awesome, to me, how I have to re-log-in every single time I come to the site. Not at all inconvenient!
7/19/2018 7:53 AM
That's strange, as I'm experiencing just the opposite: not only did I previously need to re-log-in if I left the site, but I would also time-out and need to re-log-in after long inactivity. Now I stay logged-in.
7/19/2018 9:17 AM
yesh, now, in fact, i can't log out!

can someone direct me to the logout link so i can check on my GD team under another username and respond to a customer support ticket there

maybe it disappeared when the bell and $ disappeared--there is nothing on my banner now to the right of the big slash
7/19/2018 9:31 AM (edited)
heh, zoomed in/out per someones suggestion, no luck, refreshed browser, now the bell/$ is back--alas no logout link
7/19/2018 9:34 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 7/19/2018 9:34:00 AM (view original):
heh, zoomed in/out per someones suggestion, no luck, refreshed browser, now the bell/$ is back--alas no logout link
Clicking on the "wallet" icon in the top right corner of the page doesn't drop down the menu with the logout button on it? If that's the case then yeah, it's borked and that sucks!

C'mon seble. This is a really bad look for your new bosses. I can't blame you...one person trying to run the whole show seems like an absolute nightmare to me. That being said, delaying the simming of games most of us have either paid for or earned for not one, not two, but three days is tap dancing on the last nerve that some of your most dedicated users have left.

I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate that SportsHub gives a rat's arse about WhatIfSports. It's great that I get to have a banner across the homepage that links to all of their other games I have absolutely zero interest in playing, but where's the advertising love for this site? Actually, don't bother answering that because to be perfectly honest, I don't care about SportsHub one iota.

I just want to play SimBasketball. Or maybe HBD again down the road. Or maybe SimHockey. Maybe not. As I type this whiny post, all I really want to know is are you going to get this fubar'ed situation wrapped up so I can enjoy my most recent $30.00 investment?
7/19/2018 9:55 AM
From the reading of the complaints it seemed users didn't know the email address they used and they had multiple usernames. Couldn't most of this been avoided by having everyone signup at fanball months ago when it was announced that sportshub was taking over? Luckily, I had a fanball account already. The new log in process is tedious, but I had access to my teams.

Am I missing something here, why would anyone want multiple usernames? I have a couple of email addresses, but they all serve a purpose. Work, side work, and personal use.

If an early email blast to active WIS users and a site news link was too expensive for Sports Hub to do, then I am worried about WIS future. Email blasts are cheap. Even when Seble can't get extra help, I am really worried about the future.
7/19/2018 10:18 AM
Considering all the login issues being run into - which I haven't experienced, not kidding you, at all, except for one hour when the entire site wasn't accessible on Tuesday... I'm wondering, are these browser related things?

What I recall from the last major site update... sorry, can't remember the year... is that "we" use a wide variety of browsers and versions of those browsers. Some of which I hadn't expected to hear of people using.

7/19/2018 10:21 AM
I haven't had a problem either. I am not very computer savvy in the least, but I can sign in on my work PC and my cell phone without any problems. I use chrome for work PC and my cell phone. Changes in my opinion have been minimal and easy to navigate those changes. The worse thing for me is waiting to start the continuation of HBD and College Hoops Dynasty, again, minimal problems.
7/19/2018 10:35 AM
Posted by NickGC08 on 7/19/2018 10:18:00 AM (view original):
From the reading of the complaints it seemed users didn't know the email address they used and they had multiple usernames. Couldn't most of this been avoided by having everyone signup at fanball months ago when it was announced that sportshub was taking over? Luckily, I had a fanball account already. The new log in process is tedious, but I had access to my teams.

Am I missing something here, why would anyone want multiple usernames? I have a couple of email addresses, but they all serve a purpose. Work, side work, and personal use.

If an early email blast to active WIS users and a site news link was too expensive for Sports Hub to do, then I am worried about WIS future. Email blasts are cheap. Even when Seble can't get extra help, I am really worried about the future.
Alias accounts are great for testing things out without screwing up your primary accounts record, and there are some games like FC Dynasty which only allow one team per account. So if you want to play that in more than one world you need more accounts/emails.
7/19/2018 10:54 AM
Posted by spoon2 on 7/19/2018 7:54:00 AM (view original):
SEBLE, if you are reading this, at least in Hoops Dynasty, you still have header drop down links that end up behind team links. For example, trying Main>Home actually opens up your Team Profile, which should actually be the link behind the drop-down Main>Home but for some reason they are in front of the drop-downs.

Also, the bell is useless
Turn the bell back into the sim mail button and we're good.
7/19/2018 11:15 AM
Posted by selvendar on 7/19/2018 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Clicking on the "wallet" icon in the top right corner of the page doesn't drop down the menu with the logout button on it? If that's the case then yeah, it's borked and that sucks!

C'mon seble. This is a really bad look for your new bosses. I can't blame you...one person trying to run the whole show seems like an absolute nightmare to me. That being said, delaying the simming of games most of us have either paid for or earned for not one, not two, but three days is tap dancing on the last nerve that some of your most dedicated users have left.

I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate that SportsHub gives a rat's arse about WhatIfSports. It's great that I get to have a banner across the homepage that links to all of their other games I have absolutely zero interest in playing, but where's the advertising love for this site? Actually, don't bother answering that because to be perfectly honest, I don't care about SportsHub one iota.

I just want to play SimBasketball. Or maybe HBD again down the road. Or maybe SimHockey. Maybe not. As I type this whiny post, all I really want to know is are you going to get this fubar'ed situation wrapped up so I can enjoy my most recent $30.00 investment?
clicking on the "wallet" icon in the top right corner of the page does not drop down a menu with a logout button

thats the thing next to the bell, right? the head shot / bust with the $0.00?

it lets me Make a payment or Request a payment only

i clicked it a few times trying to explain this post, trying to edit this post, and the last time, five minutes later, it added Account Settings, Help, and Logout dropdowns

apparently things have to be clicked multiple times before they show up. or something. whatever, i can log out now thankyou
7/19/2018 11:58 AM (edited)
ahhh

the wallet dropdown doesn't always come to the top. sometimes even though it drops down, some other WiFS banner or display covers it or part of it

different look on three different browsers

to the user: patience try patience try...

to the programmer: bring it to the top that the user don have to
7/19/2018 12:40 PM (edited)
When that happened to me, I had to close out my browser, open it again and clear the cache.
7/19/2018 12:50 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 7/19/2018 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by damag on 7/19/2018 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Considering all the login issues being run into - which I haven't experienced, not kidding you, at all, except for one hour when the entire site wasn't accessible on Tuesday... I'm wondering, are these browser related things?

What I recall from the last major site update... sorry, can't remember the year... is that "we" use a wide variety of browsers and versions of those browsers. Some of which I hadn't expected to hear of people using.

I remember that too, and I remember being shocked at the number of people still using Internet Explorer. I half expected to hear people complaining about the game no longer being compatible with Netscape.
My work uses a platform that is ONLY compatible with IE. It’s a legacy system they haven’t been able to improve upon. And yes we have an IT department.

7/19/2018 1:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.