Is this guy worth a dart throw? Topic

Looking at adding an end-of-the-bench guard for my D3 team after getting 3 D1 recruits nabbed in S2 and I stumbled upon a player with these ratings.

https://imgur.com/a/qLCiiMS

Is he worth a roster spot on the off chance that a few of those greens are high-high?
7/13/2018 2:10 PM
It depends where per ends, but he is a scoring threat junior-senior if he gets 85+ per by then
7/13/2018 2:26 PM
Can you afford to redshirt him next yr?

If so, then definitely worth the dart.

If you need him to come off the bench as a freshman....man, those PASS/BH ratings are real low and you run motion at Hope.....
7/13/2018 2:38 PM
If you need a player I'd take a chance on him. He's more of a SF than a guard though and I would probably never play him at guard with his low speed, bh and pass, even as his bh and pass improve.
7/13/2018 2:52 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 7/13/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Can you afford to redshirt him next yr?

If so, then definitely worth the dart.

If you need him to come off the bench as a freshman....man, those PASS/BH ratings are real low and you run motion at Hope.....
My plan would be to redshirt him, then potentially cut him if everything goes blue after the first exhib game.
7/13/2018 3:05 PM
As long as per is green, no need to cut him. If you redshirt, definitely
7/13/2018 3:11 PM
I can't see him ever being a particularly useful guard at <50 speed. But he could be a very interesting SF, as has been suggested. I wouldn't even really consider him to be a darth throw. I want at least 40/40 BH/Pass from my SFs and he's guaranteed to reach at least that level. With the potential to turn into a 90+ PER sharpshooter and already an almost average defender, I'd definitely stash him. He doesn't look like a top choice for an open spot in the current game, but a very good backup option.
7/13/2018 4:09 PM
Pass.
7/13/2018 4:14 PM
I wouldn’t battle for him. I would absolutely take him at D3 for cheap, instead of a walkon.
7/13/2018 4:38 PM
I am in the SF but not aguard camp. Much better in triangle or flex than the other two.
7/13/2018 5:08 PM
Definitely not a guard. Basically he projects to do one thing well - shoot. He's too slow IMO for every being a starter at any position. He might be very solid at SF if you get lucky and see close to 20 point growth on the ATH and DEF (if so, then you have 2 skills - shooting and defense). I guess he's worth a shot if you can't find better and need a SF. High per guys are pretty valuable, no matter the position at D3.
7/13/2018 6:37 PM
I agree with others that he is a better SF than G prospect... but either way, I would pass. Would rather have a walk-on for an opening the following season.
7/13/2018 7:24 PM
Dude is booty . He’s not a guard that’s for sure.
7/13/2018 9:13 PM
He's a backup DIII SF on a decent team. He can have a role just dropping 3 pointers off the bench if that green gets him into the 90s
7/13/2018 11:41 PM
If you're lucky, that black ATH rating will make it to the mid 60s, then he will definitely be viable. Still think he is decent for a D3 backup.
7/14/2018 12:13 AM
Is this guy worth a dart throw? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.