So after a few days recruiting in Warner without it I have to say that a) it feels like flying blind about what other coaches are doing
but more importantly b) I simply did not have the time in the first cycle to make decisions even on the players I was recruiting myself. This is the most important 3 hour window, and if you are working the time is not enough. I managed to scrape together about 25 minutes during that window, and that wasn't enough time to click on every recruit to even just see a scouting report, or what other teams got on him. With the tool that would have been enough to have a pretty exact idea about my own class. In other words, without the tool I will have to give up the game, simply for lack of time during recruiting.
7/28/2018 2:25 PM
Posted by dachmann on 7/28/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):
So after a few days recruiting in Warner without it I have to say that a) it feels like flying blind about what other coaches are doing
but more importantly b) I simply did not have the time in the first cycle to make decisions even on the players I was recruiting myself. This is the most important 3 hour window, and if you are working the time is not enough. I managed to scrape together about 25 minutes during that window, and that wasn't enough time to click on every recruit to even just see a scouting report, or what other teams got on him. With the tool that would have been enough to have a pretty exact idea about my own class. In other words, without the tool I will have to give up the game, simply for lack of time during recruiting.
I anticipate the same thing, which is why I dropped my Div 1A team in Warner. I recruited for my Div 2 team, and it wasn't horrible. Mostly because of max vision and multiple 'Undecided'

I dread trying to recruit in Div 1A. It's so competitive with 95%+ of the players being contested. There is no vision advantage since everyone has the same vision. As a non elite school in the middle of nowhere you really have to bob and weave to try and avoid expensive battles. Not many local recruits like the Div 2 team. I will try it once and see how it goes.
7/28/2018 2:51 PM
Or you could move to any D1 Elite in Rockne that opens up now that you've won a national title at Arizona. Just sayin'.
7/28/2018 5:09 PM
Penn St just lost to Navy in a 2nd tier bowl and improved from 'in Jeopardy'; only apathy will open an elite.
7/28/2018 5:16 PM
Posted by tmelonhead on 7/28/2018 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Or you could move to any D1 Elite in Rockne that opens up now that you've won a national title at Arizona. Just sayin'.
I dropped an elite, Miami, last week. I'm not sure what D1 team would be the easiest to recruit from. I haven't come up with a good system yet to recruit without yatzr.
7/28/2018 5:25 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/28/2018 5:16:00 PM (view original):
Penn St just lost to Navy in a 2nd tier bowl and improved from 'in Jeopardy'; only apathy will open an elite.
lol just noticed that. Had my eye on PSU for a couple years now. Doesn't look like it's happening. Schedule all sims to pump up your wins and you are good as gold.
7/28/2018 5:27 PM
The whole reason I began playing this game is to coach Miami. Not qualified for D1 yet
7/28/2018 9:55 PM
if that's how it works that's *** backwards

the quickest axe should go to the elites
7/28/2018 10:35 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 7/28/2018 10:35:00 PM (view original):
if that's how it works that's *** backwards

the quickest axe should go to the elites
Unfortunately the quickest axe is with BCS non-elite. Very little wiggle room there.
7/29/2018 6:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.